08-24-14 01:15 PM
53 123
tools
    Lmao nice notice. How didn't anyone at blackberry notice that though.

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums
    Exactly. My name is Patrick and I definitely wouldn't allow that dude in my house

Posted via CB10
    garrett1972 likes this.
    08-21-14 10:51 PM
    It would be fantastic to have the ability to mirror apps. For example If I get a Skype notification on the hub inside Blend, I should be able to open the app in the mirror mode and send a reply, or even open a few apps if needed.
    I believe I've seen an apps section in a previous demo. And, it looks like there is room for more icons at the bottom. I would suspect that what you are referring to is possible, that it will support various messaging apps and perhaps even others. I'd suspect the app has to support it though, but would imagine the possibilities are endless.

Looks awesome. Can't wait for it to be released.
    08-21-14 10:55 PM
    I guess too. I remember seeing Apps section but I hope it is just not the apps integrated with the HUB. Ability to open any app in Blend using mirror mode will be a great feature and will stand out from other mobile OS in the current market. It could be something like a Teamviewer sort of an application to look into the phone using Blend.

I believe I've seen an apps section in a previous demo. And, it looks like there is room for more icons at the bottom. I would suspect that what you are referring to is possible, that it will support various messaging apps and perhaps even others. I'd suspect the app has to support it though, but would imagine the possibilities are endless.

Looks awesome. Can't wait for it to be released.
    pttptppt and Nemzy like this.
    08-21-14 11:00 PM
    This is amazing! I can not wait for this to come out! On N4BB they announced that it would launch for iPad, Android and Windows tablets...no mention of PlayBook...Bla1ze do you think Blend will be available for the PlayBook? It would be very upsetting if every other tablet gets it and not BlackBerry's own PlayBook!

Doubt it - Newer BlackBerry Blend retail demo video found in OS 10.3.0.1052 | CrackBerry.com. Also not sure where Lucas got the Windows tablet support info either but maybe he has a different piece of info, it's not specifically in the OS in any case that I saw, plus it kinda sorta makes sense with BlackBerry and MS a little bit closer after the BBM launch.
    SteelGreek likes this.
    08-21-14 11:50 PM
    When I plugged my Q10 into my computer it asked me to download drivers for blackberry device manager 1,2,3 and when it was done I restarted my computer and poof haven't seen anything...could this have to do with blend?

Posted via CB10
    08-21-14 11:58 PM
    I have thought about it...please explain how it is the same features? Bridge on BB10 only gets BBM and SMS I believe...no email, calendar, contact through bridge...no file sharing to this degree...so its not the same at all. It is extremely upgraded and would be a great addition and make my PB much more relevant again!
    I got email, contacts and calendar also through bridge, photos and files as well. Mind you, I used it with BBOS, so I'm not totally sure the bb10 version of bridge has finally caught up.
    08-22-14 12:32 AM
    Well now I can see why Bridge hasn't had much development....Blend will kick azz!
    08-22-14 03:47 AM
    When I plugged my Q10 into my computer it asked me to download drivers for blackberry device manager 1,2,3 and when it was done I restarted my computer and poof haven't seen anything...could this have to do with blend?

Posted via CB10
    Yes. It was trying to download the desktop portion but your device doesn't have the certificates needed. Long story short, BlackBerry doesn't want you to have it yet.

Posted via CB10
    08-22-14 05:45 AM
    I got email, contacts and calendar also through bridge, photos and files as well. Mind you, I used it with BBOS, so I'm not totally sure the bb10 version of bridge has finally caught up.
    Lol. No. It actually stripped some features.

Posted via CB10
    08-22-14 05:46 AM
    Already tried it, and it's really good that BlackBerry Blend

posted via my Q10SQN100-3/10.3.0.xxx (don't ask)
    08-22-14 06:27 AM
    the software is not meant for Patricks....
    08-22-14 10:16 AM
    So who's leaking the windows app then? It is Friday after all.

Via CB10 from Scotland using my Awesome Z10!
    08-22-14 10:27 AM
    the software is not meant for Patricks....
    I'm sad

Posted via CB10
    08-22-14 10:40 AM
    Come on someone must have the file?

Deezy where are ya when I need ya.

SteelGreek likes this.
    08-22-14 01:27 PM
    Come on someone must have the file?

Deezy where are ya when I need ya.

Someone was saying that Blend is pinlocked so you couldn't use it even if you had it :/

Verizon Q10 running 10.3.0.1052 on CB10. My boring channel but has cute Frenchie puppy pics
    08-22-14 03:47 PM
    Someone was saying that Blend is pinlocked so you couldn't use it even if you had it :/

Verizon Q10 running 10.3.0.1052 on CB10. My boring channel but has cute Frenchie puppy pics
    Out of curiosity, how would they know without access to it?

Posted via CB10
    08-22-14 04:44 PM
    Out of curiosity, how would they know without access to it?

Posted via CB10
    Perhaps they were told by internal sources who were in the know? We know they've whitelisted certain pins for certain functions previously (like limited OS beta releases)

08-22-14 04:48 PM
    It is extremely upgraded and would be a great addition and make my PB much more relevant again!
    BlackBerry have no interest in making PlayBook relevant again, that's what happens when a product goes End Of Life and is no longer supported.

Posted from my BlackBerry Z30 STA100-2 /10.2.1.3247 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2.3
    08-22-14 04:55 PM
    BlackBerry have no interest in making PlayBook relevant again, that's what happens when a product goes End Of Life and is no longer supported.

Posted from my BlackBerry Z30 STA100-2 /10.2.1.3247 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2.3
    To be fair, it sounds like all desktops/will work and tablets since its done through the browser. So the PlayBook should work since it has a browser

Posted via CB10
    08-22-14 04:58 PM
    Perhaps they were told by internal sources who were in the know? We know they've whitelisted certain pins for certain functions previously (like limited OS beta releases)

Sounds likely I guess, I was hoping for a miracle and someone getting Blend to work

Posted via CB10
    08-22-14 04:59 PM
    Sounds likely I guess, I was hoping for a miracle and someone getting Blend to work

Posted via CB10
    We all are! The supposed release along with Passport can't come soon enough

08-22-14 05:37 PM
    To be fair, it sounds like all desktops/will work and tablets since its done through the browser. So the PlayBook should work since it has a browser

Posted via CB10
    It's not through the browser. If it was then on desktops you wouldn't have to have both Link and the Blend client installed.

On a tablet you can go to www.blackberry.com/blend to be directed to the right app store.

Last edited by johnnyuk; 08-24-14 at 06:53 PM.
    SteelGreek likes this.
    08-22-14 08:21 PM
    Well at least it did update the BlackBerry Device Manager drivers when attempting to load Blend. Maybe that in itself already had some fixes and improvements for BBLink?

Ik did find this message odd:
    Attachment 292840
    If Link will remain the first source for sync'ing devices, why would they change these tutorials to Blend?
    Last edited by MrGlenn; 08-23-14 at 09:44 AM.
    08-23-14 09:29 AM
    I really like the concept... but... I have concerns about how safe it would be to use in a Regulated environment.

I'd like to think that BlackBerry have considered this and it has great security of they have some sort of extra secure Regulated version.
    08-23-14 12:18 PM
    Do you get them through bridge? Or the native apps?

Posted via CB10
    Might have been native apps. I didn't think twice of it since I have Wi-Fi and unlimited data so I can use my hot spot when out...

I do get the separate work space for my work email on my PlayBook. My phone doesn't.

Posted via CB10
    08-23-14 05:13 PM
53 123