Now that I've been able to install 10.1.1.2072, I've noticed something slightly odd.

Mysterious desktops available?-img_20150209_112453.jpg

Every time I delete these, they reappear when I reboot.And no, they aren't mine: I removed mine from the list to take this image.
    02-08-15 10:35 PM
    Only now you noticed it? Has been happening ever since 10.0 launched.

Those are: YOUR PCs!! As many as you have, with as many "IDs" as you have installed link.

I have over 8 entries for the same computer and so far, there isn't a solution to this.
    02-08-15 10:59 PM
    It's probably your neighbours
    02-08-15 10:59 PM
    Take a quick look below my name. Now, look below yours. Notice something different? If I knew it was my computer, then I wouldn't have posted a message here.

So you're saying that each time Link is installed with a specific BBID, regardless if it is on a single computer, it creates a record that Blackberry keeps track of and is presented here as separate potential connections?

Only now you noticed it? Has been happening ever since 10.0 launched.

Those are: YOUR PCs!! As many as you have, with as many "IDs" as you have installed link.

I have over 8 entries for the same computer and so far, there isn't a solution to this.
    02-09-15 01:05 AM
    Take a quick look below my name. Now, look below yours. Notice something different? If I knew it was my computer, then I wouldn't have posted a message here.

I don't follow. You asked a question. I answered. Do you rather go with the "It's probably your neighbours"?

So you're saying that each time Link is installed with a specific BBID, regardless if it is on a single computer, it creates a record that Blackberry keeps track of and is presented here as separate potential connections?

I wouldn't go as far as sayign they keep track of anything. Link is able to remotely give you access to your PC, so they needed a way to associate device and computer. BBIDs are perfect for that. They just ignored the fact at least 50% of the human race will at some point have PC issues.
    So once you for whatever reason reinstall Link, even if you name the PC again, your old installation is still listed there (since they seem unable to tell if it's a new installation, old installation or another PC all together. Stupid, annoying, looks silly.

Well, BlackBerry does that every now and then, one can't be flawless right? Flawless is boring...
    quantumFog likes this.
    02-09-15 09:36 AM
    I've seen this forever as well, but I don't think it has anything to do with the number of PCs you have, or "neighbors".

I have Link loaded on 2 and only 2 machines - that's T - W - O - that's it. Yet, I have 5 other "Desktop-nnnn" devices showing up on my phone at any given time. I have Link loaded only on my home PC and my work PC.

Why would any neighbors show up. They are not on my home network, and I'm not tied to any other network while at home. There are only two other machines on my home network - my wife's and my son's, but none of them have Link. At work, I am on that wi-fi network, and we have about 30 other PCs at work, but I still see only the same 5 phantom devices on my phone - along with my work and home PC which have always been given the same Link name.

And, I'm the only person I know with a BlackBerry, especially at work, so it's not like someone else will likely have Link loaded too.

So, the idea that's it's because Link is on other computers is really not a valid possibility. I mean, who sits there a loads Link on a bunch of other random computers that you're not going to actually use.

Now, I have loaded Link a number of times between the updates to the program and the loading and unloading back and forth latest with Blend and the last working version of Link without Blend, because I can't get the latest to log into my BB ID for anything. But the previous Link works fine. But, because of that, I must have unloaded and reloaded a good 7 or 8 times trying out tricks that BB Support suggests. But nothing works.

However, as has also been suggested before (not necessarily in this thread), if simply loading Link is supposed to dump another phantom PC on my phone, I should have about 20 by now.

But, I still have the same 5 that I've had for the past year and a half, even through quite a few OS updates as well
    02-10-15 05:16 PM
    Theyre your pc's. If you are restoring they multiply. To get rid of them you need to wipe and NOT restore.
    quantumFog likes this.
    02-10-15 05:20 PM
    Theyre your pc's. If you are restoring they multiply. To get rid of them you need to wipe and NOT restore.
    I have not always restored. For the last update I did to 2072, I did restore. But the one before that to 1154 was a fresh autoloader update without a restore.

Posted via CB10
    02-11-15 06:39 AM
    Do these also show up in your file manager?

Posted via CB10
    02-11-15 06:41 AM
    They show up in my file manager - but I recently wiped again and am left with just my two pc's I use now.
    02-11-15 06:47 AM
    No, I've never seen them in my file manager.

Posted via CB10
    02-11-15 10:56 AM
    No, I've never seen them in my file manager.

Posted via CB10
    Usually only the active one shows, sometimes the active one and the previous incarnation.

Funny. I said the very same things here. Yet you guys kept debating it to get to the same conclusions...
    02-11-15 11:17 AM
    They show up in my file manager - but I recently wiped again and am left with just my two pc's I use now.
    I had the issue on my file manager. But when I loaded 10.3.1.2267 autoloader, it fixed the issue.

Frosty White Q10/10.3.1.2267 CB10 [Hopefully NOT Edited by admin to be fair lol. ]
    diegonei likes this.
    02-11-15 11:39 AM
    I had the issue on my file manager. But when I loaded 10.3.1.2267 autoloader, it fixed the issue.

Frosty White Q10/10.3.1.2267 CB10 [Hopefully NOT Edited by admin to be fair lol. ]
    Now that you mention it... I only see the my laptop in there. Oh, please let it be that they actually fix this issue!
    02-11-15 01:03 PM

Well, BlackBerry does that every now and then, one can't be flawless right? Flawless is boring...
    True. Except when it comes to Salma Hayek. Perfection like her will always keep me enraptured.
    02-01-16 01:26 PM