I'm trying to install BlackBerry Blend. I selected English and agreed to the agreement. Then it gave me an error, stating that I have to close BlackBerry Blend to install BlackBerry Blend. What the!! I checked Task Manager and I could see 2 BlackBerry Blend processes running, but closing either one out would shut down the installation process.

So, why does it ask me to shut down BlackBerry Blend when I'm trying to install the very own Blend software?

Installing process says I have to close BlackBerry Blend before I can proceed?-bb-blend-annoying.jpg
    Last edited by jly.public; 02-18-15 at 06:51 PM.
    02-18-15 06:25 PM
    I'm trying to install BlackBerry Blend. I selected English and agreed to the agreement. Then it gave me an error, stating that I have to close BlackBerry Blend to install BlackBerry Blend. What the!! I checked Task Manager and I could see 2 BlackBerry Blend processes running, but closing either one out would shut down the installation process.

So, why does it ask me to shut down BlackBerry Blend when I'm trying to install the very own Blend software?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bb blend annoying.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	84.0 KB 
ID:	334446
    if you're on win 7 go to botom right of the screen find bb blend right click and closed it that's it
    or unistall blend on bb 10 software restart pc and install it again
    02-18-15 06:55 PM
    Could be thinking of either Link or the generic Desktop Software (the bundle of Link+Blend).

Ether way, do what it said.
    02-18-15 06:55 PM
    It was a fresh installation. No previous installation of Blend installed. I terminated all BB-related services and processes before trying to install Blend.

So ........... the solution was .... to leave the downloaded file name as is. I changed it to Blackberry Blend.exe and for whatever reason, the installation failed. That was very, very strange.

if you're on win 7 go to botom right of the screen find bb blend right click and closed it that's it
    or unistall blend on bb 10 software restart pc and install it again
    02-18-15 07:22 PM
    I now need to update the Z30 to 10.3 to use Blend.
    02-18-15 07:23 PM
    Wait till tomorrow night before loading a leak.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-15 08:24 PM
    I am having the same problem. I had a previous version of Blend on my Win7 PC and my Z10 with the new 10.3 gave an error to upgrade to a newer version of Blend.

Trying to install the new version I get the Blend is running and must be closed before continuing. Task manager shows only the installation file running.

Even when I try to uninstall the previous version it gives me the same error that Blend is running and must be closed.

So I can neither install or uninstall Blend.

Is there a way to remove Blend from Win7 without using uninstall from the control panel?

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 10:34 AM
    I am having the same problem. I had a previous version of Blend on my Win7 PC and my Z10 with the new 10.3 gave an error to upgrade to a newer version of Blend.

Trying to install the new version I get the Blend is running and must be closed before continuing. Task manager shows only the installation file running.

Even when I try to uninstall the previous version it gives me the same error that Blend is running and must be closed.

So I can neither install or uninstall Blend.

Is there a way to remove Blend from Win7 without using uninstall from the control panel?

Posted via CB10
    there is a way but it's not easy and it takes a long time you have to delete registry and all files manually
    if you backed up your pc open win / all programs/accessories/system tools/system restore
    and restore to previous date then unistall,
    MGDania likes this.
    02-21-15 12:58 PM
    Ran CCleaner registry cleaner and it worked. Was able to do a fresh install and it is wonderful to not have to reach for the phone Anymore.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-15 12:14 PM