Finally we saw release of Passport and also saw the next most awaited announcement of new app BlackBerry blend and soon it will be available to each one of us with the official 10.3.1 update (expecting soon).
    When I saw the blend I was amazed by its features and functionality it offered to be more smooth on serious business. Well everyone understood on how blackberry blend works across different platforms whether be it Macs, Windows computers, Android tablets or ipads what matter is that it just needs to be connected to internet. So when you get a text or email, a notifications pops up when you?re using Blend at the same time and blend needs to be logged in with the same BlackBerry which is currently being used on BB 10 device.

Well I want to know your views on following points.
    1. For example my BlackBerry is stole and the thief immediately switched off my mobile phone. Still can I use my same BB10 BlackBerry id to login into the Blend.
    2. Does Blend on BB10 devices permanently stores BlackBerry ids for security and theft purposes.
    3. Does blend is like cloud storage device or everything in stored on the BB10 device (I mean does BB10 device works like storage server for blend)
    4. Why does Blend requires Blackberry Link when installing on PC.

I know my questions are silly but please help to understand as your reviews and knowledge will help us all in understanding it more better.

Take Care everyone.
    09-25-14 10:34 PM
    1. For example my BlackBerry is stole and the thief immediately switched off my mobile phone. Still can I use my same BB10 BlackBerry id to login into the Blend.
    Blend has nothing to do with your BBID really. You don't login to Blend, it's not a sep. service. Without your device and the Blend app, it'll never work. This question isn't really clear as to what you're asking.

Does Blend on BB10 devices permanently stores BlackBerry ids for security and theft purposes.
    Blend...... stores nothing. It's all on your device. All it's doing is mirroring whats on your phone. Without a phone, Blend is useless and does nothing and stores nothing.

Does blend is like cloud storage device or everything in stored on the BB10 device (I mean does BB10 device works like storage server for blend)
    I don't understand what you're asking here. But I can say your device runs everything, everything is stored on your device.

Because it enables remote file access, which is needed in order for Blend to work.
    I am thinking about getting Passport, and I have an iPad.

How does Blend work? I think I get a broad understanding. You can access stuff on Blackberry from tablets and desktops, including emails, messages, and media - what else?

And this is all by way of streaming only? Say, for example, can a movie or music file on Blackberry be copied to my iPad? Itune's in the way...

Does it work only while the two devices are on the same wifi network or does it work regardless of that?
    Can it work if I connect my iPad to the Passport through Passport's mobile hotspot? And will this mean direct communication from Passport to iPad, or will it use the data twice for whatever I am transferring, once for Passport to "upload" and then for iPad to "download" because it's routed through an external server?

I would've gotten an iPhone but was disappointed by 1GB of ram. I have iPad for play, so if I can essentially use Passport as an external storage for my iPad to stream stuff from, I think this is gonna work really well for me.
    09-26-14 07:48 AM
    Since you both were asking similar questions I have combined the threads. I am working on getting a good answer, please standby!
    09-26-14 08:34 AM
    Blend has nothing to do with your BBID really. You don't login to Blend, it's not a sep. service. Without your device and the Blend app, it'll never work. This question isn't really clear as to what you're asking.

Does Blend on BB10 devices permanently stores BlackBerry ids for security and theft purposes.
    Blend...... stores nothing. It's all on your device. All it's doing is mirroring whats on your phone. Without a phone, Blend is useless and does nothing and stores nothing.

Does blend is like cloud storage device or everything in stored on the BB10 device (I mean does BB10 device works like storage server for blend)
    I don't understand what you're asking here. But I can say your device runs everything, everything is stored on your device.

Because it enables remote file access, which is needed in order for Blend to work.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    09-26-14 09:01 AM
    What I want Blend to be able to do:

If I forget my phone at home (but it's connected to my home's WiFi network and therefore my PC's Blend application), I want to be able to log in to Blend at work and still have access to my BBMs and text messages through my work PC.

THAT would be incredible. A sort of pairing between Blend programs based on your BBID as long as your phone is connected at one source.

Not sure if that makes sense... could be a pipe dream.

I know in the demo, Gadway showed how it makes sense when you leave your phone in another ROOM.... how about it working when your phone is in another location far away.
    09-26-14 11:43 AM
    You don't even have it to be tighted to you home PC/wifi. You can access your device from virtually anywhere, as soon as your devices are connected to a network and yes, AFAIK cell (with data) suffice.
    Only restriction is that you have toi pair it physically (USB) the first time you use Blend; but if it's your office, it won't be a problem

Life's great, uh ?
    Welcome to the mobile computing erra.
    09-26-14 12:47 PM
    [Nitpicking here]
    When I made the install on my laptop, I've been removing Link and BlackBerry Device Manager first (old scholl maniac, I am). Then I installed Blend alone (you can disable link install). This worked nicely, but, as you stated, not in remote mode, only with USB cable.
    09-26-14 12:54 PM
    You don't even have it to be tighted to you home PC/wifi. You can access your device from virtually anywhere, as soon as your devices are connected to a network and yes, AFAIK cell (with data) suffice.
    Only restriction is that you have toi pair it physically (USB) the first time you use Blend; but if it's your office, it won't be a problem

Life's great, uh ?
    So I need a micro to micro usb cable rather than the more standard micro and full on the other end (since my tablet also has a micro port)? Or some kind of coupler??
    09-26-14 02:24 PM

Life's great, uh ?
    So wait, are you saying my "pipe dream" is actually true?! I can leave my phone at home, but still receive BBMs, etc on my work PC? Seems too good to be true.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 04:22 PM
    kyleheney : you can dance
    F2: yes micro to micro but you can find adapters for a few $ the shop next door or Internet .
    Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 06:41 PM
    kyleheney : you can dance
    F2: yes micro to micro but you can find adapters for a few $ the shop next door or Internet .
    Posted via CB10
    I'm dancing............. now!

Awesome!!

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    09-26-14 09:10 PM