I received my activation code from IT for my Passport, and now have Blackberry Balance working great (I had the same with my Z30). I am also now using Blackberry Blend, which is an AWESOME tool, however when I try to go to my work space within Blend, and type in my work partition password, I get a message saying "Work data is blocked by an IT policy. Please Contact your administrator to request access". I was under the impression that Blend was basically a 'mirror' of my Passport, so I don't understand why IT would need to allow access to view my work email/calendar within Blend. I can see all my work email on my passport, I can switch to my work partition just fine with my password (same password I'm trying to use to access work within Blend). Anyone else seeing this issue, and did you need to reach out to your IT team to fix, or is there something buggy about it.
    09-29-14 10:18 AM
    This is working as intended. What would be the point of using BES if anyone with access to your unit with Blend installed could access the device? Contact IT.
    09-29-14 10:56 AM
    Isn't that the point of the password protection? Just like someone picking up my device....they would need to enter a password to enter my work partition and view work email. Anyone accessing my work email on Blend would also require to enter a password, so I don't see how this is working as intended that when accessing work email on my device works fine when I enter my password, but when I enter my same password on Blend, it won't access it.
    09-29-14 11:16 AM
    Your it department need to set the policy but only if they have upgraded to the latest maintenance release of BES

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 11:43 AM
    Awesome - Thanks.
    09-29-14 12:09 PM
    The workspace can't be accessed from other IPs than those of your company. It is comparable to a firewall permission... You can't access the servers from a foreign computer.
    Discuss it with your IT. May be you can be allowed to use it from your desktop computer at the office if programmed so.

BlackBerry*Q10, T-Mobile Germany - SQN100-3, Running OS 10.2.1.2941
    09-29-14 12:10 PM
    Does anyone know which section of the Policies this option is located in? Trying to work on getting access on my Passport.
    10-16-14 08:17 AM
    10-17-14 12:28 AM
    Just found out that unless you have an updated version of BES10 this is a no go...

My Org has an older version and is unlikely to pay for the update...I am after all the only one that has asked for it.

Dang...so close, looks like an awesome tool as I do work at many locations on many different devices and computers. Good thing the Passport is that much better at filling all my productive needs.

Still would be nice though..

Here is the KB article:

KB36323-When attempting to unlock the workspace in BlackBerry Blend a message is displayed asking to contact administrator
    10-23-14 11:29 AM