04-21-15 08:32 AM
260 ... 56789 ...
tools
    The PINs are in addition to Passport/Classic.
    It's not connecting to any BB Server. It's just the app on the phone checking your hwid and pin. The app is what displays the real Blend data that you see on tablet/PC.
    But the guy running blend on an internal Q10 test device doesn't have his pin on the list and he's not using a passport either so there must be something else to it

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 11:23 PM
    Um I am not a moron, I read the entire thread. Maybe you didnt get the jest of what I was saying. That it is unfair that competitor devices get access to it and existing BB10 users do not. Unless you have a passport. Honestly this launch in my opinion and the hype along with it. Is a HUGE FAIL! I thought Chen was going to do different things. Seems to me he is following in the steps of Thor perfectly... If I had a Passport or the Porsche, do you think I would be making this post?
    Ooops... I accidentally liked your posts but was meaning to select "reply with quote"

Ok playbookguy. I don't know what you do for a living, but I don't understand how you cannot comprehend the subject here. Passport is their first official device running 10.3.

Could you do me a favor. The phone you have, did you get an OS that was provided by your carrier? I need to ask one more favor... could you tell me that the OS you have is 10.3?

Ok. Now let's not get ahead of ourselves here. Could you please do a little research to see what the requirements are to have Blend working on your BlackBerry?

I don't think you're a moron. You're the one who brought up that word... but before jumping into conclusion if you are one or not, I kindly ask you follow those questions I've mentioned above.

I could go on, but I'm really not one to humiliate people in public.

Thank you for your time.
    Cheers.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 11:27 PM
    I have not installed BlackBerry Blend, ,but not working, ,showing this......
    I have z10 stl 1 10.3.0.1154 installed
    Download BlackBerry Blend Now-img_20140925_085541.jpg
    What's the reason?

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 11:28 PM
    But the guy running blend on an internal Q10 test device doesn't have his pin on the list and he's not using a passport either so there must be something else to it

Posted via CB10
    In addition to the standard device IDs which are easy to figure out, there are what could be a few other checks related to the device ID which could be bitmask tests for various internal device IDs. I didn't trace that out too closely because I'm working on another technique right now and Sacha's assembly knowledge far exceeds mine. I haven't looked at assembly in probably 12-13 years now and even then I wasn't very good at it.
    09-24-14 11:48 PM
    Just a quick question? Where in the bar are you finding this list?
    09-25-14 12:13 AM
    One should cut PlayBook guy some slack. He has been one of the biggest supporters of that tablet, and BlackBerry in general for a very long time. He is rightfully disappointed that the PlayBook flopped, was abandoned, and will not include support for anything in the future. No OS10. No major upgrades. No support for blend at all.

Blend was the last hope for PlayBook owners to get some joy. It was nixed.

Now he was hoping for some -very small- light at the end of the tunnel to at least enjoy blend in some way, even if it didn't include the PB, for people that -do not - own the passport.

And he was denied.

Again.

I don't blame him. And I am disappointed too (for now) even though I don't have 1/3 of skin in the game as he does.

Moral of the story? Yes, it's the classic "do not judge anyone until you have walked a mile (or three) in their shoes."

I suggest you all back off. And be more respectful.

Please.

Thank you.

#TeamBlackBerry
    Thanks for your time.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 12:14 AM
    One should cut PlayBook guy some slack. He has been one of the biggest supporters of that tablet, and BlackBerry in general for a very long time. He is rightfully disappointed that the PlayBook flopped, was abandoned, and will not include support for anything in the future. No OS10. No major upgrades. No support for blend at all.

*snip*
    #TeamBlackBerry
    Thanks for your time.
    Posted via CB10
    That's not quite the point. Whether he meant it or not, his post claims that iOS and Android support the Blend hosting...which they just straight-up don't.

To everybody complaining that it doesn't work on their device:

If there hadn't been any 10.3 leaks, and everything else had stayed exactly the same, do you think we would have these complaints? Perhaps.

What I'm saying is: The only devices that are officially getting 10.3 are the BlackBerry Passport and the P'9983. Therefore, the Blend production system would only have been setup to work with those devices.

Believe it or not, things work slightly differently with the other devices...which is why the other devices are only available with the internal RIM testing PIN list, against which Blend will check the PIN list/product ID of your device to see whether it is either a Passport, P'9983, or has a White-listed PIN.

We all know that the other devices are getting an official 10.3.1 later this year, and therefore, will have access to Blend. We shouldn't even have Blend/10.3 on any devices right now except the Passport and P'9983 and if we didn't, people wouldn't be ******** about it.

So stop whining that an exclusive feature isn't working on your illegal/beta OS...it's coming when your device officially gets the OS that has it.
    09-25-14 12:45 AM
    We want blend! We want blend! We want blend!
    Everybody now: WE WANT BLEND! WE WANT...

Z10STL100-3/10.3.0.1154 CB10
    scaffme and itzJustMeh like this.
    09-25-14 12:47 AM
    Attached Thumbnails Download BlackBerry Blend Now-blend-problem.jpg  
    Joenja, jimmyt1 and vgorous like this.
    09-25-14 02:56 AM
    We shouldn't even have Blend/10.3 on any devices right now except the Passport and P'9983 and if we didn't, people wouldn't be ******** about it.
    I think it would probably be worse if there werent any leaks. They do keep some BlackBerry users excited about their devices, which is precisely what BlackBerry should want, unless they intend to fully commit to the rather dull business sectors (who dont care about fancies like a new design anyway).

It does demonstrate the commitment of CrackBerry users to get the most out of their devices, even if it means running buggy beta software. It does feel like a blow that BlackBerry specifically excludes those users now, thereby implicitly disapproving the practice and despite the fact that what is known as leaked software is freely available on BlackBerrys public servers.
    09-25-14 03:14 AM
    BlackBerry Blend doesn't work on my iPad. Please help.

"Blackberry is the extension of my hand" - C00182421
    09-25-14 03:31 AM
    If any want Blend to work, its very simple, spend $600, buy Passport and start using Blend. Who do not have money to buy Passport, like me, stay alive till BlackBerry show mercy by releasing official 10.3 for us like old BB10 users.

Posted via CB10 on Z10STL100-1/10.3.0.1052
    Banco likes this.
    09-25-14 03:49 AM
    Post via my Q5
    09-25-14 04:24 AM

This is injustice , all of us old loyal customers are left deprived of the use of blend!
    09-25-14 04:36 AM
    why I'm thinking that, in some point, they are going to ask money for the use of the blend?
    In the same way that they did with "encryption" in BBM
    09-25-14 04:37 AM
    why I'm thinking that, in some point, they are going to ask money for the use of the blend?
    In the same way that they did with "encryption" in BBM
    I don't think so. This is the "thing" that gives them adventage over the other platform. They will use it to promote the platform and push into business. They might charge for some extra work features though.
    09-25-14 04:48 AM
    This is so Apple crap, I will sell my Z30 and buy a Note 4 or a SGS5

Posted via BlackBerry Z30
    altaf.s and Felix Weber like this.
    09-25-14 04:57 AM
    All this is just to get more passport sales from those who can't wait. We don't get 10.3 but everyone gets 10.3.1, still don't make sense.

Posted From A Zed30Berry via CB10
    09-25-14 05:58 AM
    Love the logic - I can't use blend right now since i don't have the passport. So I'll sell my phone, and buy another brand that can't use blend.

This is so Apple crap, I will sell my Z30 and buy a Note 4 or a SGS5

Posted via BlackBerry Z30
    09-25-14 06:13 AM
    I don't mind BB takes it's time to free blend. It is easy to guess if blend had been activated before the show someone would have discovered it first. In some days or weeks I am sure a new leak will appear with blend running.
    Now, the useful questions about blend:
    a) Someone said Blend is "only" a web server send directly from the phone. It does makes some sense. Does anyone knows the port it is using? I'd like to use it from Linux and/or a computer without need to install it.
    b) Is it able to reply whatsapp messages same that it can reply sms and BBM messages?

Tnks
    09-25-14 06:22 AM
    I am not surprised that Blend is not working for us on leaked software. Actually, I think it was smart to hard code the restriction the way they did. Think about it. We are running software that was built BEFORE Blend was revealed. All we needed was a leaked desktop software and half of CrackBerry would have been running Blend before BlackBerry could have their big reveal.

Now that Blend is announced and officially operational, it wouldn't surprise me if subsequent builds remove the restrictions.
    09-25-14 06:24 AM
    This thread, is yet, another example of people just NOT GETTING IT!

We're here to help but so many of you make things so intolerable that we lose the incentive to want to help you.

The OP said it right in the first post!

UNLESS YOU'RE RUNNING 10.3.1. OR USING A PASSPORT...
    YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO USE THIS!!

What part of that DON'T you understand?
    Yet you still insist on downloading the apps and are then upset because it's not working.
    Why can't you just be happy with ALL the great things that DO work on your devices instead of this useless debating over why it doesn't work (yet)

You're acting like a bunch of spoiled brats.
    You'll get your BlackBerry Blend when it's ready!
    Now, go to your room and no desert for you whiners!

09-25-14 06:40 AM
    This thread, is yet, another example of people just NOT GETTING IT!

We're here to help but so many of you make things so intolerable that we lose the incentive to want to help you.

The OP said it right in the first post!

UNLESS YOU'RE RUNNING 10.3.1. OR USING A PASSPORT...
    YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO USE THIS!!

What part of that DON'T you understand?
    Yet you still insist on downloading the apps and are then upset because it's not working.
    Why can't you just be happy with ALL the great things that DO work on your devices instead of this useless debating over why it doesn't work (yet)

You're acting like a bunch of spoiled brats.
    You'll get your BlackBerry Blend when it's ready!
    Now, go to your room and no desert for you whiners!

http://www.picturesanimations.com/3/3d_smileys/0117.gif
    LAMO! I totally agree with you, but that is something you will always get, as it's human nature for people to ask 'Why isn't this working for me? or as a matter of fact why isn't it working for all BB10 devices across the board?

Apple launch IOS 8 with the same feature more or less and it was across all devices, no one on IOS 8 platform felt left out..
    09-25-14 06:57 AM
    LAMO! I totally agree with you, but that is something you will always get, as it's human nature for people to ask 'Why isn't this working for me? or as a matter of fact why isn't it working for all BB10 devices across the board?

Apple launch IOS 8 with the same feature more or less and it was across all devices, no one on IOS 8 platform felt left out..
    YOU!!
    OUTA THE GENE POOL..................... NOW!!!

damienR likes this.
    09-25-14 07:02 AM
    One quick technical question is I downloaded Blackberry blend desktop software for Mac from the Blackberry website and I getting a developer validation error and it will not install the desktop software on my Mac. I running Mavericks with the latest updates. Any ideas?
    09-25-14 07:46 AM
260 ... 56789 ...