03-25-15 06:54 AM
46 12
tools
    And just to add, notice it works with the latest OSX only while Blend will be cross-platform.

Posted via CB10
    Right but Blend won't do phone calls with any platform.
    09-25-14 04:19 AM
    While I am excited that the Blend allows for the texts and bbm, I am disappointed that the Blend does not include the phone calls.

Here is an example of where you need a phone call notification on your computer.

Lets say you are working at a library and you have to put your phone on silent mode, without the phone call notification on your computer, you have to keep your phone screen visible so that you either see the notification light or the call notification on the phone screen. And having the phone always visible can become a distraction.

I do not even need to be able to talk on the computer like I used to be able to with the Nokia Communication Center program. A simple call pop up on the computer screen would be sufficient.
    I am slightly puzzled here. If you can't take the call and therefore it's on silent, then it doesn't matter. If you can take the call, then out it on vibrate or a ringtone.

Bridge always allowed notification of incoming calls, and I never found it remotely useful to be honest.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 04:35 AM
    I am slightly puzzled here. If you can't take the call and therefore it's on silent, then it doesn't matter. If you can take the call, then out it on vibrate or a ringtone.

Bridge always allowed notification of incoming calls, and I never found it remotely useful to be honest.

Posted via CB10
    If I see the notification, I would go out to the hallway to take the call where I can actually talk loudly, but in a reading room where I study, I cannot have the phone in vibration or ringing.

Also, I would have the option of texting back the person I rejected the call from if I notice the call notification.

And without the sound, I would constantly have to visually check the phone.

Posted via CB10 using BlackBerry Z10
    09-25-14 05:04 AM
    While I am excited that the Blend allows for the texts and bbm, I am disappointed that the Blend does not include the phone calls.

Here is an example of where you need a phone call notification on your computer.

Lets say you are working at a library and you have to put your phone on silent mode, without the phone call notification on your computer, you have to keep your phone screen visible so that you either see the notification light or the call notification on the phone screen. And having the phone always visible can become a distraction.

I do not even need to be able to talk on the computer like I used to be able to with the Nokia Communication Center program. A simple call pop up on the computer screen would be sufficient.
    So you should be able to yap away in the library on a phone and bug everyone else?

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 07:53 AM
    Using Google Voice/Talk, I've had calling, texting, and messaging from the computer before I even owned a smartphone (5+ years ago). And of course, the day I got my first Android phone, these apps were already integrated.

Blend is new... for BB users, but the features aren't new to folks on other platforms. True, native remote file access is something we don't have, but can easily have with an app, so again, it's not something that most people are going to go crazy for.
    And if you don't have Wi-Fi or server access, your toast. Doesn't seem very mobile?

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 08:43 AM
    Since you don't seem to have read my first post I will just repost myself:

You seem to be stretching for examples. If your phone is next to you, just have it light up on silent mode. It's not that distracting as you suggest. Put it on vibrate mode?

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 08:50 AM
    And if you don't have Wi-Fi or server access, your toast. Doesn't seem very mobile?
    Umm... pretty sure my desktop PC will always have an Internet connection. And other than DJing, where I wouldn't use it for this feature, the only time I open my laptop is someplace where I have WiFi.

But, even if I didn't, I could simply turn on Hotspot on my phone with the swipe of my NFC dongle and I'm online nearly anywhere. What's your point?

We're talking about being able to use your phone's features (phone calls, texts, messaging, etc.) on your computer when you're sitting at your computer and thus the computer is more convenient. That's me all the time - my phone is in my bedroom on the charger/in bedside mode, while I'm sitting in front of the computer. If I get a call or need to make one, I can do so on my PC, and the recipient would never know I wasn't calling from my phone - same number and everything. If I need to SMS or use messaging (Hangouts, FB Messenger, etc.), I can of course do that from the PC too. I don't even need the phone to be on, or activated, to do this.

I can do the same thing at work on my work laptop (most of the time, I'm on WiFi) or on my personal laptop or tablet wherever I happen to be. And this has been the case for me since 2008 or so.
    09-25-14 09:31 AM
    Right but Blend won't do phone calls with any platform.
    Yet

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 09:39 AM
    So you should be able to yap away in the library on a phone and bug everyone else?

Posted via CB10
    No

If I see the notification, I would go out to the hallway to take the call where I can actually talk loudly, but in a reading room where I study, I cannot have the phone in vibration or ringing.

Also, I would have the option of texting back the person I rejected the call from if I notice the call notification.

And without the sound, I would constantly have to visually check the phone.

09-25-14 10:05 AM
    You seem to be stretching for examples. If your phone is next to you, just have it light up on silent mode. It's not that distracting as you suggest. Put it on vibrate mode?

Posted via CB10
    Whether it is distracting or not is a subjective matter.

Also, you are not supposed to put the phone into vibration in a library. It's loud as hell when it vibrates against desk.

09-25-14 10:08 AM
    I tried Blackberry Blend for my Z10 with laptop & iPad.
    But unfortunately got the error message "Restricted to Rim internal devices only"
    Does anyone got the experience with that, please share with me.

Regards.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    09-25-14 10:30 AM
    Calls and remember is needed in this

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 10:49 AM
    I would lo e to answer/make calls using Blend. I am looking forward for full integration of the phone including android apps, a full hub maybe mirror mode to open apps. It would be awesome. I heard Samsung has something similar recently.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 10:56 AM
    Like I said before, Nokia Communication Center from 2008 was able to make calls seemlessly from the computer screen.

It used bluetooth connection, basically acting like a ear piece with more functionality.
    Apples and oranges. Nokia did not have a noc and does not guarantee security.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 11:06 AM
    Rogers one and Google hangouts does it seamlessly
    Thru your phone number too voip and free texting from apps
    Rogers one takes your phone number and attaches it to the pc for voice and txt etc
    Google hangouts runs on pc too

https://www.google.com/+/learnmore/hangouts/
    I can also access my Google apps from my android or pc
    Posted via CrackBerry App
    Again apples and oranges. The technology is different. Everything in blend goes through BlackBerry servers. NOC has to be scaled up for the increased demands from voice and video. The software has to be flawless or everyone will start whining.

And while it may come in the future I think it depends on profitability. So want voice and video BlackBerry needs to see a significant increase in hardware sales.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 11:10 AM
    Great point! I honestly didn't even think about this while watching the demo. Another valid point I saw earlier was that if a phone call comes through why not just answer it on the phone lol. I think both would be great being that we can make and receive phone calls within BBM but answering phone calls through Blend isn't a major deal breaker for me. It would be interesting to know if one can still send and receive voice notes through Blend.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 11:21 AM
    I would lo e to answer/make calls using Blend. I am looking forward for full integration of the phone including android apps, a full hub maybe mirror mode to open apps. It would be awesome. I heard Samsung has something similar recently.

Posted via CB10
    Yea it's called SideSync, every single feature of the S5 works on any computer and Samsung only tablet though.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/e?link=...token=e4CJNQOx

Android has had so many of these in the past couple of years like Air Droid for example (http://alternativeto.net/software/airdroid/)

I also made a thread a while ago. Apple is Hand off not Over my bad. But there are so many out there like Air Droid that I missed.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=938397

What air Droid and blend have on the others is compatibility everywhere.

I just can't believe Remember and Calling isn't part of this yet.

Blend is a good start just like HUB was. They shouldn't stop updating it like they have with most other apps.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by khehl; 09-25-14 at 11:42 AM.
    09-25-14 11:32 AM
    Man blend looks awesome after watching the vids

Swordsmanship & Western Martial Arts Channel C000C9AF6
    09-25-14 12:18 PM
    Also, from reading the Crackberry article on the Blend.

It seems that the Blend does not allow for sending texts and bbm straight from the computer?

That means even if you get the notification on your Blend, you still have to take out the phone to reply.

This does not seem like a true integration to me.
    Inside the Great Halls of BlackBerry it has been decided crippled products are in demand while fully-functional products take too much effort on the part of the revolving interns. If anything the BlackBerry Passport should have been the first true mobile computing smartphone which could be dropped into a cradle connected to your monitor, keyboard, mouse, network (wired or wireless) whilst automatically switching the screen output to adapt to the larger display surface / resolution of the monitor thereby offering multiple applications open concurrently and displayed as overlapping and/or tiled panes dependent upon the choice of the user. Enterprises would have adopted this technology in a heartbeat as a cost-reduction strategy - one device acting as desktop computer, notebook computer, tablet (with appropriate case and built-in keyboard), and smartphone whether in the office, on the go, or at home. I guess JC has dumped the TH vision of mobile computing.
    09-25-14 12:34 PM
    I guess JC has dumped the TH vision of mobile computing.
    I do like TH's vision which is all we have seen so far up to this point.

The only issue is that he wasn't making the company profitable and had some bad judgments like what happened with the Z10 overstock.

Chen will do what ever it takes to make the company profitable since the last I heard he will be paid in stock(could be wrong on the stock part) and that really scares me as a prosumer (don't use it for business).

Most inhouse apps haven't been updated since Thor and that scares me (if updated they were bug fixes).

The HUB was a good "start" much like blend is.

If they followed TH's vision with Chen business smarts that would be awesome.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 01:31 PM
    Dear Friends,
    Find below use case for Voice call through BBerry Blend.
    Use Case A
    Suppose you are travelling to overseas and you have kept the phone at with your office and you dont want to tell your client that you are travelling abroad. Using Blend you can answer the call.

Use Case B
    You forgot your phone at home and you drove few miles away from your home. In that case you dont have to get back to get your device. You can manage call using blackberry blend.

Use Case C
    You have taken day a off by telling you boss that you are not well but in fact you are travelling for an interview to another location. So when any one will give you a call and you didnt answer that IVR (Recipient is not able to take your call, please call later) will respond in language of that location so caller will easily identify that you are travelling and you have made false statement. Applicable in India.

Use Case D
    Suppose you wife is using your phone for watching movie or some other stuff and you are workign on laptop and you dont want to go the other room to take the call. You can simply attend by Blend

Cheers
    BBM PIN 2BE6A5F0
    03-25-15 06:54 AM
46 12