I am now making this thread about the issues or missing features with Blend. Please comment with input and I'll add to the first post here.

Just starting to use BlackBerry Blend as I am the new owner of a Passport.

I really detest Outlook and would love to get rid of it all together.
    My email account and calendar are through GoDaddy and work great with my phone.

Has anyone dropped Outlook and just solely using Blend for desktop management?

Issues so far:
    Email:
    - No autocorrect
    - No filing of emails (nevermind found that). Autofile option to file to last folder sender was filed to
    - Cannot create new folder
    - No signature built in for emails
    - Compose email does not autofill suggestions in "To:" box (from contact list)Nevermind this does work. Must have been delayed at first because of my large number of contacts.
    - Can't print the email (THIS ONE IS A PAIN)
    - Can't open email fully up (in its own window)
    - Can't open a word, excel, etc. document and click "Email with Blend" (or to go beyond "Send by BBM or MMS")
    - View "unread or flagged" emails only
    - Default to "Inbox" view on open. Or have option to change
    Contacts:
    -Contact scrolling is slow (1500 contacts)
    -Contact editing?
    Off topic list:
    - No WhatsApp in HUB (or other messengers)

Things I am loving:
    - Connection to Passport is seamless and easy
    - Sync of emails is quick
    - The pop-up on screen (when not in Blend) of the message and the quick reply access. Use it all the time with BBM and emails that come in while working on my desktop
    - Phone call name notification on screen when someone is calling (Needs a "mute" button or "text reply" if busy)

Don't get me wrong about my list. I am loving Blend and am hoping that some of these items get fixed in future updates.
    Any input from others?

Thanks, Brian
    Last edited by brian4591; 01-06-15 at 04:05 PM. Reason: Adding additional issues
    dmlis likes this.
    12-28-14 05:59 PM
    Yes. Once Blend develops to rope in various necessary functions as well as third party apps support as an add on, It can replace Outlook.

In fact, many a times i have been using Blend more than Outlook though both are open on the Laptop.

Posted via CB10
    tg1 likes this.
    12-28-14 06:03 PM
    Yes. Once Blend develops to rope in various necessary functions as well as third party apps support as an add on, It can replace Outlook.

In fact, many a times i have been using Blend more than Outlook though both are open on the Laptop.

Posted via CB10
    @Sanjoov

What necessary functions would you say are missing?
    Third party app support? Like what?
    Joey5761 likes this.
    12-30-14 11:53 PM
    I want signature so that people don't even know I am sending from Blend vs say Outlook or even my phone. You would think if I can add a signature to my PP e-mail. I can add a signature to Blend. No?
    01-05-15 02:51 PM
    tg1

A lot of features that are built into the Passport email app are not currently incorporated in Blend (ex. signature, autocorrect, etc)

You would think these would automatically be included but alas they are not. Hopefully Blend updates coming soon....
    tg1 likes this.
    01-05-15 02:54 PM
    Personally I don't know why I should use Blend on laptop instead of OS X/Windows native app.

Missing features are one major problem but still, connecting to phone to view mail on MY PC where I have much better, faster, complex app is crazy for me right now.

I don't say that Blend is too bad, it's just bad half-baked SW now. Maybe after year (OK it's BlackBerry, so five years) it evolve in much better and usable app.

Posted via CB10
    01-05-15 02:58 PM
    I like the fact that I can have all my BBM and SMS and msgs and calendar all in one place. To me that is the seller. It needs work. But it is promising.

Brought to you by my Awesome BlackBerry Passport.
    brian4591 likes this.
    01-05-15 05:43 PM
    Work computer - full MS Office Suite and use Outlook >>>> home office computer -basic MS office, no Outlook but I have all my Exchange email via Blend. All good for me.

Posted via CB10, Mostly from my Passport, occasionally my Z30
    brian4591 likes this.
    01-05-15 10:41 PM
    I have just started using blend and beginning to love it's native BlackBerry Email on my Laptop which I use for work. The pros are its just a bigger version of native BlackBerry email, Mail previews for new emails, works great with my hosted exchange email and syncs instantly on my device, attachments are opening just as we do it on our outlook but with a warning message, can save a copy of the email which are important.
    Now the cons are No email Signature, No back up of emails like the. Pst files in outlook, No printing options , but as I say this one can always customise your message as sent from BlackBerry Blend if you don't mind copying the phrase and pasting at the bottom of the emails. But BlackBerry should get a customised signature options for emails sent from blend and could spice up with the printing and back up options to have a outlook replaced for those who prefer native BlackBerry email..

Posted via CB10
    tg1 likes this.
    01-06-15 12:00 PM
    Because you can securely connect and use it on any machine you want and when it is not connected, no data is on the machine you used it on.
    Once it is more robust and more features are added it can definitely replace. Also each machine you use Outlook on requires a Office license. Blend doesn't because it is a shell that connected to your phone.

i.e. like Good. You pay Good for an instance on an iPad and on your iPhone or android each time you move from one device to another.
    With Blend you pay for one license for the device and connect to tablets, computers etc.

Personally I don't know why I should use Blend on laptop instead of OS X/Windows native app.

Missing features are one major problem but still, connecting to phone to view mail on MY PC where I have much better, faster, complex app is crazy for me right now.

I don't say that Blend is too bad, it's just bad half-baked SW now. Maybe after year (OK it's BlackBerry, so five years) it evolve in much better and usable app.

Posted via CB10
    tg1 likes this.
    01-06-15 12:07 PM
    No back up of emails like the. Pst files in outlook
    Posted via CB10
    I don't agree with this. The whole idea of Blend is to mirror your BlackBerry on any device / computer without leaving a trace of the data on the device. Technically the backup is on the phone / mail server. This would be for security purposes and makes complete sense.
    tmarcin, DarkJoker33 and Morten like this.
    01-06-15 03:55 PM
    I believe many has gotten the Blend thing wrong

Blend is just a 'window' into your phone, accessing the data on the phone, and not meant as a separate data entity

That way the data can be as accessible and safe as your device has configured them

Blend is not a mail app,not a calendar app, not a file manager, all it is is a way to access some of the data on your phone in a very secure way, painless and headache less for BES admins

Think of Blend as a 'browser' that can be used to view/edit data hosted by a webserver on your phone
    tmarcin likes this.
    01-06-15 04:07 PM
    Mortem, I only partly agree with you.

If Blend had more features built into it (same features the BlackBerry Device has) then it could fully replace Outlook.

I only use Outlook when I am in my office and I always have my phone when I am in my office. If Blend had the features I require then I could completely drop Outlook and Blend would be my sole Mail / Calendar / Contacts app on my computer.
    01-06-15 04:13 PM
    Mortem, I only partly agree with you.

If Blend had more features built into it (same features the BlackBerry Device has) then it could fully replace Outlook.

I only use Outlook when I am in my office and I always have my phone when I am in my office. If Blend had the features I require then I could completely drop Outlook and Blend would be my sole Mail / Calendar / Contacts app on my computer.
    It is not about agreeing or not, I just said how it is...

Blend does not and will not work with a local data file on your computer like Outlook etc..

Blend is a 'browser'

Using outlook.com instead of local outlook, and connecting the accounts on your phone, then you are almost there..
    01-06-15 04:19 PM
    How is this issue going for you guys after several updates and Blend Betas?
    I used to work with outlook and the outlook connector to sync contacts+calendar, but for some unknown reason I can't get it to work anymore so I think about switching to Blend completely.

At the moment the only thing that bothers me is the slow response of the Blend window (which indeed has improved a LOT!)
    05-24-15 05:13 PM