02-27-16 12:48 PM
102 ... 2345
tools
    Yes.
    03-12-15 07:03 AM
    Are you required to install Link on every computer you want to use Blend on in order for Blend to work?
    No, you do not need to install Link. The installer gives you the choice of installing Link, Blend or both. Just uncheck Link when you install.

On Windows anyway.
    03-12-15 08:28 AM
    For all the people that can't get Blend to start on W8.1 (cursor spins for short time and then nothing) go into Blend installation folder and run all .exe files before running Blend.exe again. That did it for me.

At first I thought I would need Link to get Blend to work but like previous posters confirmed that is not the case so that is not the reason why your Blend would not start.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-15 07:28 AM
    Thanks for the hint. I'll try this tomorrow. Hope it works. But it seems there is a more complex problem on my computer now. Now link is not recognizing my Passport.
    03-14-15 05:40 PM
    It seems that there's been a development.

I have the same problem of Blend not wanting to start. It also happens that Link could not sign into my BBID.

But the previous version of Link can sign in (even after uninstalling the new Blend/Link and reloading the previous Link, I could sign in again) - so something was up with the new version.

Over at the BB Support forums, there is a running thread about this, and someone from BB actually got involved. Logs were sent, and for a while no one could seem to figure it out.

Here is the thread...

https://supportforums.blackberry.com...t/td-p/3033759

Today, we got a possible answer - and it seems to work for those that have already tried it. I haven't yet - not at home to check, but the specific issue that seems to the problem does occur on my machine.

By the way, I see some posts here about loading Blend without Link. I was never able to do that. In all my attempts at loading/unloading/registry cleaning/reloading, Blend automatically loaded up Link every time - and there was no option to de-select it as the option was always grayed out.

Anyway, the apparent issue is... having a drive mapped to "R". Somehow it was messing up the internal installation process if there was a drive letter "R:\" mapped - either a network, or as I know in my case, one of my optical drives. Back when I was asked to send additional log files from Blend, including some additional files buried in folders all over my drive, I found that I didn't even have half of the folders and related files being requested. It seemed that I was actually missing half of the Blend installation. Those that have already remapped whatever drive they had mapped to "R" to something else, and then ran a re-installation of Blend/Link, now reports that Blend works.

As I said, I'll try it when I get home later this evening. Here's hoping that it works, and maybe will help others here. I will report back if it does work for me.
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-18-15 02:20 PM
    Thanks for that. I will check out the Blackberry support forum. Unfortunately, I don't have any drive mapped to "r:" on my machine, so I don't see how that can be my issue.
    03-18-15 02:30 PM

I have the same problem of Blend not wanting to start. It also happens that Link could not sign into my BBID.

But the previous version of Link can sign in (even after uninstalling the new Blend/Link and reloading the previous Link, I could sign in again) - so something was up with the new version.

Over at the BB Support forums, there is a running thread about this, and someone from BB actually got involved. Logs were sent, and for a while no one could seem to figure it out.

Here is the thread...

https://supportforums.blackberry.com...t/td-p/3033759

Today, we got a possible answer - and it seems to work for those that have already tried it. I haven't yet - not at home to check, but the specific issue that seems to the problem does occur on my machine.

By the way, I see some posts here about loading Blend without Link. I was never able to do that. In all my attempts at loading/unloading/registry cleaning/reloading, Blend automatically loaded up Link every time - and there was no option to de-select it as the option was always grayed out.

Anyway, the apparent issue is... having a drive mapped to "R". Somehow it was messing up the internal installation process if there was a drive letter "R:\" mapped - either a network, or as I know in my case, one of my optical drives. Back when I was asked to send additional log files from Blend, including some additional files buried in folders all over my drive, I found that I didn't even have half of the folders and related files being requested. It seemed that I was actually missing half of the Blend installation. Those that have already remapped whatever drive they had mapped to "R" to something else, and then ran a re-installation of Blend/Link, now reports that Blend works.

As I said, I'll try it when I get home later this evening. Here's hoping that it works, and maybe will help others here. I will report back if it does work for me.
    It WORKS!!! After 5 and one half months I finally got Blend to work on my PC!!!

My BlueRay Drive was mapped to Drive Letter "R"! I remapped it, uninstalled Blend/Link. Rebooted PC, re-installed Blend/Link and it now works!

Thank you!!!

From Blackberry tech support:

"We believe having a drive mapped to R: [in this case CDROM] that when accessed causes an issue with some libraries we pull in and how they were built. That issue seems to affect peermanager.exe. We are working towards a fix, but to get working with the current version you can do one of the following: Remap the CDROM to a different drive letter........... After that is done you will need to register the peermanager.exe process again. [same as last request, run unregpm.bat then regpm.bat in admin prompt]. With the mapping change the interfaces should be able to register."
    kbz1960 likes this.
    03-18-15 05:40 PM
    Okay. It did work for me. Finally I can use Blend.

Apparently, having my DVD drive set as R was also forcing the Link option. Once I remapped my drive, uninstalled Blend/Link, rebooted, and re-ran the Blend installer, Link actually became a selectable option. I still installed it anyway.

Once done, Link could finally log into my BBID. And Blend finally started up.

This is a very specific issue that cause this one problem that includes the inability of Link to log into your BBID saying there is no Internet connection - when, in fact, there is one.

Hope this helps at least some of the problems reported here, as bungaboy above has already found.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 and bungaboy like this.
    03-18-15 09:46 PM

[...]
    Thanks for this great hint. I tried it too aaand blend is working!!! In my case the card reader was R, I changed it and a few minutes and a short installation - progress later, blend worked. Unbelievable. :-)
    kbz1960 likes this.
    03-20-15 07:40 AM
    So thats what that window with weird message "can't load R:\..." was all about
    03-21-15 03:09 PM
    Hi all,

Finally have Blend running on my PC and guess what...... no messing around!

Here's what I did:

(1) Got message on Bell Mobility that a BB10 software update was available.
    (2) Installed the first update using BlackBerry Link (I have found it faster this way).
    (3) Completed update and after BB10 started, I got message stating that another update was available and since it was only approx. 57 MB, I installed through WiFi directly on my Z10.
    (4) After re-booting my Z10, it was now on Software Release 10.3.1.1865, OS Version 10.3.1.2708. I decided to uninstall Blend, Link & Drivers from my Win7 PC via Control Panel by removing BlackBerry 10 Desktop Software in Programs and Features.
    (5) After rebooting my PC, I disconnected then reconnected my Z10 via USB and got the screen asking if I wanted to install drivers, charge only, access SD Card etc. I selected install drivers.
    (6) At this point my Z10 drive was mapped to my PC so I double clicked it and selected Setup and proceeded to install Blend, Link & Drivers to my Win7 PC from my Z10.

As soon as the install completed, I double clicked BlackBerry Blend and lo and behold it works without having to tinker with it and looks great too even though I haven't played with it extensively yet.

Good Luck!
    04-02-15 04:04 PM
    Blend has stopped working for me (link is fine). I cannot find an R drive. Does anyone have any other options please!?

Posted via CB10
    04-03-15 06:41 AM
    borked drivers in your computer. Try it on a diff PC. Its a maddening problem and a very confusing public problem. Its easy for someone to not follow the procedure and have problems installing. The same symptoms can also mean that your PC drivers are messed up. In this Case Link doesnt work right for you either. The only solution I have found is a reload of windows. The others are hard and time consuming with a high failure rate. I know this, my windows 7 ultimate will not work but laptop does.

This can be blamed on my motherboard from ASUS P8Z68 that had USB BIOS problem that were later " fixed " Kinda sorta. Blend will be a dead end on desktops for alot of people. PC reload may work and it would for me too.
    04-05-15 09:04 PM
    Blend has stopped working for me (link is fine). I cannot find an R drive. Does anyone have any other options please!?

Posted via CB10
    Check your firewall.
    04-05-15 09:51 PM
    Solved!
    I downloaded the latest version from here
    http://m.crackberry.com/blackberry-b...updated-v11067

Posted via CB10
    04-06-15 02:41 PM
    Solved!
    I downloaded the latest version from here
    BlackBerry Blend for BlackBerry 10 updated to v1.1.0.67 | CrackBerry.com

Posted via CB10
    This thread is about the PC client of Blend not starting. The link you posted shows that the Blend app was updated for BB10 devices. Apples, meet oranges.
    04-06-15 09:13 PM
    1.1.0.67 is indeed an update to the PC Client. Download here.
    04-07-15 08:25 PM
    1.1.0.67 is indeed an update to the PC Client. Download here.
    I'll try that, but I think that is the version I already have.

The article states:

Now we'll have to wait and see when the desktop apps get updated, they're in need of some love as well. They've not been updated since December.
    04-10-15 09:11 AM
    If you read my posting from 04-02-15, 04:04 PM you will see that in point 6, I updated the PC software from my Z10.
    That's how it worked for me and is still working fine
    04-10-15 12:32 PM
    If you read my posting from 04-02-15, 04:04 PM you will see that in point 6, I updated the PC software from my Z10.
    That's how it worked for me and is still working fine
    I just got around to trying that. I'm back where I started. Blend still won't start.

I've posted in the blackberry help forum and it looks like it finally got the attention of someone from tech support. Hopefully they can help me resolve this issue!

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/...es/m-p/3074086
    Last edited by Icarus3000; 04-18-15 at 09:22 PM.
    04-18-15 05:26 PM
    I got the HDD off of Drive letter R and now Blend works perfect for me. Its also worth poking around in the phone and making sure wifi file access connections are set to be allowed.
    Last edited by Zeratul57; 04-26-15 at 09:28 AM.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    04-26-15 07:03 AM
    It seems that there's been a development. (...)

Anyway, the apparent issue is... having a drive mapped to "R". Somehow it was messing up the internal installation process if there was a drive letter "R:\" mapped - either a network, or as I know in my case, one of my optical drives. (...)
    Thank you so very much. I know it's a few months old, but I have finally decided to give Blend a try after Verizon finally pushed 10.3 out a few weeks ago. I had no issues on my office workstation, but at home I kept getting the "cannot find disk" error. Since I work in IT I went through pretty much every single troubleshooting step I can think of, even pruning mount points in the registry etc.

This really does work. I have a lot of drive letters at home due to a card reader, extra drives, backup etc. At work I don't have an R drive. I didn't even need to reinstall Link/Blend, I simply removed the drive letter and it started working. Excellent.
    07-25-15 03:03 PM
    i have this same problem and i have nothing mapped to R.

it's random. after a reboot of my pc, sometimes blend will work and start up, but sometimes it will look like it's about to start and doesn't... so far the only solution for me is to reboot again and hope blend works.

someone mentioned looking at the processes... right now blend won't start for me so i checked processes... the only one that is running related to blackberry is PeerManager.exe - blackberry link peer manager. i am able to close it and then try starting blend which starts up peermanager again but blend appears in the processes list and then disappears.

the blackberry link communication manager process isn't running and someone had said that needs to be started but for some reason it hasn't. so i went into services to check and it was not started, so i tried to manually start it and it gave me this message

Windows could not start the BlackBerry Link Comminication Manager service on Local Computer.
    Error 1068: The dependency services or group failed to start.

i then checked the Dependecies tab and saw just these

RIM MDNS - TCP/IP Protocol Driver

still random...
    10-15-15 04:05 PM
    Windows drivers run as services in the background. They just don't show up in the services list.

So it sounds like the RIM driver is not starting up sometimes. Have you tried uninstalling Blend and Link and reinstalling? It should reinstall that driver and maybe start working properly.
    10-16-15 01:58 PM
    i've read a lot of people doing the uninstall and reinstall and it wasn't successful... so i didn't bother with it but i went ahead and tried it... i uninstalled everything and then ran ccleaner... cleaned up the registry and then rebooted... reinstalled... rebooted... and everything seems to be working so far... after a couple of reboots, blend still started up when i wanted it to... hoping it will keep working well
    kbz1960 likes this.
    10-16-15 02:21 PM
102 ... 2345