Does anyone know how to change the spell check language in Blend 1.2? The spell check feature is very helpful, but if you start typing other language than English, its annoying how every word gets underlined in red. The auto language recognition feature on Blackberry handset is very smart idea, but it seams it has not been implemented in Blend 1.2.

Thanks!
    07-09-15 07:45 AM
    BB dev teams really is missing on one big little thing: DETAILS.

And they forgot to tell Blend to use any other spell check but English.

And we told them that was not cool in BZ, so no excuses.
    Last edited by diegonei; 07-09-15 at 11:33 AM.
    07-09-15 09:55 AM
    Thanks for the explanation. Fully agree, totally uncool. They should have at least built in an option to switch off the spell check. Let's hope they resolve this in future updates.

Posted via CB10
    diegonei likes this.
    07-09-15 10:25 AM
    Thanks for the explanation. Fully agree, totally uncool. They should have at least built in an option to switch off the spell check. Let's hope they resolve this in future updates.
    People complained they wanted spellcheck, they listened.

People complained in English, they provided English spellcheck. Moronic if you ask me, rather they had tapped into whatever OS Blend was running to get the language database.

But hey! Next update we get something to look forward to: Which language will get spellcheck next???

07-09-15 11:32 AM
    Would be interesting to know how much of their handset userbase is actually native English. I would not be surprised if it would turn out its less than 50%, given their marginal market share in US and strong position in markets such as Indonesia or India. Nevertheless most of the users are most likely bilingual and it make a lot more sense if they find a way for Blend to tap into Blackberry 10 settings and language capabilities of the handset, which can handle up to three languages simultaneously.
    07-09-15 12:03 PM
    it make a lot more sense if they find a way for Blend to tap into Blackberry 10 settings and language capabilities of the handset, which can handle up to three languages simultaneously.
    Somehow, I think this would be twice as hard than just having all the necessary files in Blend.

Having Blend tap into the OS it is installed or simply have the spellcheck built in are the easier coding options.
    07-09-15 12:29 PM
    If that's the case, then Blend should download the language files corresponding to the languages selected on the handset (up to three). Blend should also use the same algorithm which Blackberry 10 OS is using to determine the language the text is input in.

Anyway, it would be interesting to know how the spell out check works in current version of Blend. Does it utilise the dictionary on the handset or does it have its own files.

Posted via CB10
    07-09-15 02:41 PM