09-25-14 01:06 PM
82 1234
tools
    09-24-14 10:21 AM
    some conditions....

My device can't connect to BlackBerry Blend
    Verify the following:
    Your device is running BlackBerry 10 OS version 10.3.
    Your computer or tablet is connected to a network.
    Your device has a Wi-Fi connection or a mobile network connection. You can review troubleshooting tips for Wi-Fi connections and network connections from the Help app on your device.
    On the device, go to the Device Connections screen by clicking Settings > Device Connections. Make sure the Allow Connections and Use Mobile Network options are turned on. If you are attempting to connect over the mobile network, using the mobile network might result in higher data charges.
    You signed in with a valid BlackBerry ID.
    09-24-14 10:22 AM
    That sucks... How is it possible that BlackBerry launches new devices and the Software persists restricted!

Marketing failure... EPIC FAIL!
    its Steve likes this.
    09-24-14 10:23 AM
    That sucks... How is it possible that BlackBerry launches new devices and the Software persists restricted!

Marketing failure... EPIC FAIL!
    It's not really an epic failure. Unless you are one of the very few Canadians to actually have the new Passport, no one else should have access to this software until the official 10.3 os is made available.

I agree that it's annoying, but I'm sure it's equally annoying that people like us are using leaked os versions.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 10:27 AM
    But these are leaked OS, and not official release OS. It's a security measure. It also ensures a slower roll out.

1154 and 1052 have passport equivalents
    I think servers aren't up yet
    09-24-14 10:28 AM
    And ensures the product is only used with an approved OS. Think of the "This doesn't work" complaints with leaked OS....

But these are leaked OS, and not official release OS. It's a security measure. It also ensures a slower roll out.
    canuckcam and FairlightRacing like this.
    09-24-14 10:30 AM
    I agree that it's annoying, but I'm sure it's equally annoying that people like us are using leaked os versions.
    Chen addressed that in his media Q&A after the launch that he's not happy with leaks. But he didn't say OS or hardware though. I guess I should keep my Z10 in my pocket.
    TimJW likes this.
    09-24-14 10:30 AM
    Chen addressed that in his media Q&A after the launch that he's not happy with leaks. But he didn't say OS or hardware though. I guess I should keep my Z10 in my pocket.
    Then make the new OS available immediately on older devices. Don't make us wait until 10.3.1.

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    09-24-14 10:32 AM
    I just downloaded it on playstore

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 10:34 AM
    Then make the new OS available immediately on older devices. Don't make us wait until 10.3.1.

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    Releasing immediately, although Apple does it for other hardware, may be seen to reduce the potential sales of the new devices. Instead, keeping it exclusive to the Passport to promote Passport sales.
    Personally, I agree, it would be better to rollout the new OS Worldwide to get the hype about 10.3 with new customers and those able to upgrade going for the new hardware.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 10:35 AM
    So, BB Blend is now available to download!
    Download links are now official . . . BlackBerry Blend - Desktop Software for BlackBerry

Blend is now available to download-img_20140925_004303.png
    09-24-14 10:36 AM
    I just downloaded it on playstore

Posted via CB10
    Be sure to let us know if it works!

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 10:36 AM
    Releasing immediately, although Apple does it for other hardware, may be seen to reduce the potential sales of the new devices. Instead, keeping it exclusive to the Passport to promote Passport sales.
    Personally, I agree, it would be better to rollout the new OS Worldwide to get the hype about 10.3 with new customers and those able to upgrade going for the new hardware.

Posted via CB10
    I can certainly see that point of view too. But not everybody can afford (or will have access to) the new devices. To me it's just another reason why BlackBerry continues to fall behind, even if a small reason at that. I suppose patience is a virtue, right?

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    09-24-14 10:38 AM
    Little do you understand
    We got the OS from BlackBerry servers. They were pushed for carrier approval

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 10:39 AM
    What angers me is that I wanted Blend more than anything, especially since I will not be able to get a Passport as ATT has an exclusive. Sure hope that Verizon gets a BBRY phablet by early next year.

Cannot even install a 10.3.1 leak as there is not one available for the Z10.
    09-24-14 10:55 AM
    What angers me is that I wanted Blend more than anything, especially since I will not be able to get a Passport as ATT has an exclusive. Sure hope that Verizon gets a BBRY phablet by early next year.

Cannot even install a 10.3.1 leak as there is not one available for the Z10.
    You can buy the Passport directly from Blackberry on their website. BlackBerry US Online Store - BlackBerry Passport - Black
    09-24-14 11:06 AM
    Same here with BLEND. IT should be available for all 10.3 releases. BlackBerry knows there's a lot of us out there with leaks that are desperate to try out the new stuff. We are the crackberries and die hard funs. You should just let us try your stuff as it becomes available. Who would then be able to try it out now? Almost nobody...Blend is now available to download-screenshot_1.png
    vaioman likes this.
    09-24-14 11:12 AM
    You can buy the Passport directly from Blackberry on their website. BlackBerry US Online Store - BlackBerry Passport - Black
    Nope it's only GSM so VZW users are out of luck right now
    09-24-14 11:27 AM
    Restricted. I got my hopes up for no reason. Now I have BlackBerry Blend on my desktop and starring at me but I can't do anything.
    09-24-14 11:27 AM
    Will Blend work on Amazon tablets? I see mentions of the Play Store and the Apple store, but haven't seen any discussion on whether it'll be compatible on Amazon's hardware.

Posted while peeking and flowing on my incredible BBQ10! ?
    09-24-14 11:42 AM
    Will Blend work on Amazon tablets? I see mentions of the Play Store and the Apple store, but haven't seen any discussion on whether it'll be compatible on Amazon's hardware.

Posted while peeking and flowing on my incredible BBQ10! ?
    It would be kind of silly seeing how they are partners now, but even so the apk from Google Play should be able to be sideloaded onto an amazon tablet.

Posted via CB10
    3_M4N likes this.
    09-24-14 11:48 AM
    Blend is now available to download-b271a820-ba99-4ef9-a1c6-c61382b00dec-vlan1.phub.net.cable.rogers.png

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 11:50 AM
    Z10 been left out???
    Blend is now available to download-img_20140925_004911.png

STL100-1 / 10.3.0.1154
    09-24-14 11:51 AM
    Same here with BLEND. IT should be available for all 10.3 releases. BlackBerry knows there's a lot of us out there with leaks that are desperate to try out the new stuff. We are the crackberries and die hard funs. You should just let us try your stuff as it becomes available. Who would then be able to try it out now? Almost nobody...Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_1.png 
Views:	1504 
Size:	81.4 KB 
ID:	300062
    There aren't any 10.3 releases apart from those. People have installed leaks. They have no right whatsoever to expect Blend to work. This is crazy, people are complaining that something that hasn't been released to them doesn't support something that hasn't been released to them.

Posted via CB10
    KKruglov likes this.
    09-24-14 11:51 AM
    Except not one carrier published these OS's.... AND not one of these OS's is designed for any of the phones we have them installed on. 10.3 simply ins't intended for Q10, Z30 etc... Its a pretty simple way to limit the exposure, and control the user experience, until it is refined. Then open it up to the masses. I may "understand" so little, but I do know it won't work on my z30 until I get an official 10.3.1, or a 10.3 that's been officially released for the passport.

Little do you understand
    We got the OS from BlackBerry servers. They were pushed for carrier approval

Posted via CB10
    FairlightRacing likes this.
    09-24-14 11:53 AM
82 1234