I was having problems with my USB ports not being able to detect my cable during an attempted backup, prior to a leaked os update. At first I thought maybe blend or link was the problem. I unistalled them. Tried to reinstall them and each tells me, I have a newer release installed. They are nowhere to be found. Not even in the registry. I keep trying to download and install the newsy update from blackberry to no avail. Frustrating. I was hoping to get this repaired before going back to the USB issue on windows 7. Maybe I will try a hub for the USB issue. Any advice? This is on a passport with original OS.
    12-31-14 11:54 PM
    What is the original OS you have installed?

Posted via CB10
    01-01-15 12:04 AM
    01-01-15 12:34 AM
    Well after 1.5 days of screwing around with the USB not being recognized on two different computers, I found a fix.

I tried several USB cords too, as many thought the cords were bad. The cord would charge, but not connect to the computer.

I read on another board, if you stick a toothpick or any other non-metallic object in the USB port on your phone (Passport for me) and push up the tab a bit, and place your USB cable in it your computer will detect it. I thought it was BS. It worked. Unbelievable. So the USB cable was not the culprit.

Well, I was able to back up the computer through Sachesi, and upgrade the OS to 10.3.1xxx. That went very smoothly.

Still can't figure out the Blend and Link issue of not being able to load it on my computer. I checked my computer registry and there is nothing listed under Blackberry. Nothing to uninstall. When I go to install the new download. It says I have a newer version already installed. WTH?

Well at least Sachesi gave me a backup.
    01-01-15 08:34 PM