I downloaded Blend onto my ipad and entered my BBID and saw my Z30 on the screen... attempt to connect failed of course, but now in File Manager on my Z30 running 10.2.1 I see my ipad as one of the "device" options. I'm just posting this as apparently the Blend client for iOS allows for file sharing between paired devices, which I wasn't aware of. Now, if I can use Blend to get to my RFA shares, suddenly blackberry has a secure personal cloud product that is based on a BBID, but doesn't require a BlackBerry handheld. I'd buy that software for my iOS device, especially if it (what is now Link) could run as a service on a home server.

Does anyone else think it would be worth paying money for a server side "service" that enables encrypted RFA, coupled with a modestly priced app for handheld devices that you pay something like $3 per device to connect and beum RFA client / server connection?

This could be a new revenue stream for BB.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 02:26 PM
    I did the same, must be getting very close!
    09-25-14 05:51 PM
    It is supposed to let you access files across all the compatible devices (BlackBerry or not), based on your BBID. I agree that a modest "upgrade" fee for extra secure transfers (even without the extra server set up you mentioned) would be a good idea,.. nowadays, who wouldn't spend $4.99 to make it a little harder for the NSA/etc.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 05:57 PM
    Are file transfers allowed? I thought the Idea was nothing would be left on the remote device after blend was closed? Or is it just something that can be turned off by an administrator? Does it have a file sync option?
    09-25-14 09:16 PM
    Are file transfers allowed? I thought the Idea was nothing would be left on the remote device after blend was closed? Or is it just something that can be turned off by an administrator? Does it have a file sync option?
    File transfer is allowed. The idea that nothing is left behind refers to email, BBM, calendar.
    If you WANT to download and save files, that is up to you.

Of course if it is a corporate device under BES, they can set IT Policies to allow or prevent it.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 10:39 PM
    Blend requires 10.3
    ProjectBrett likes this.
    09-26-14 10:03 AM