I forgot my Z10 at home this morning.
    The usual disappointment mixed with feeling stupid didn't last long though, because just out of curiosity when I got to my desk at work, I fired up Blend just to see what would happen.

What do you know (I guess most of you already do--but please, humour me!) there was not even a second of hesitation; the satisfying connection dialogue circled away and bingo!

I was able to tell my wife, who was at home, about 10 miles from my office in The City of London, via BBM exactly where my phone was, even as she was telling me to stop kidding because obviously, I must have it with me.

My estimation of Blend just increased about 50%.

Sorry for posting this though, to those who already knew--after all logically, very remote connections would have to work--since the ultimate carrier is the Internet and not the local network.
    But I can't help but be impressed--especially because of the stability of connection and smooth uplink.
    02-19-15 04:27 AM
    It is impressive. And both a good and bad thing. If you know what I'm saying.

BleedBlk-
    02-19-15 04:40 AM
    In the settings of the blend if you allow it to connect thru the mobile network and not just thru the Wifi network then you will be able to use it no matter how far the phone is from the computer you use. All you will need is the Blend app on that computer and your phone password

Visit my BBM Channel - C000E96F6
    02-19-15 04:51 AM
    I think it even works from Mars

Posted via CB10
    02-19-15 05:16 AM
    Thanks good to know , can't wait to start using it !

Posted via CB10
    02-19-15 05:20 AM
    I think it even works from Mars

Posted via CB10
    I can confirm this

Posted via CB10
    anischab and kennyiceberry like this.
    02-19-15 06:16 AM
    Heck. I should just keep my US phone on in the states while abroad and stay connected to Blend. It'll be like I'm not even gone.

A shame it doesn't support voip, though.
    02-19-15 06:46 AM
    Uhmm just go back to drinking on the moon sir!

I can confirm this

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    Gatmyer likes this.
    02-19-15 07:33 AM
    This is a nice feature of Blend. If you forget your phone at home but the Wi-Fi is on or you allow a mobile network connection, you can still access the essentials of your phone, including see incoming phone calls.
    02-26-15 12:55 PM
    In the settings of the blend if you allow it to connect thru the mobile network and not just thru the Wifi network then you will be able to use it no matter how far the phone is from the computer you use. All you will need is the Blend app on that computer and your phone password

Visit my BBM Channel - C000E96F6
    Any idea yet how much of a bandwidth hog blend might be?

Posted via CB App for Android on Tab4 (interim Playbook replacement)
    03-03-15 08:36 PM