Do you think it's going to be available for consumers?
    08-21-14 07:25 AM
    Yes....

But will it be free???? Maybe it will be a feature they use to build the userbase, or maybe it will be a feature they use to more directly grow their profits.

But just like BES is available to consumers, even if it's a paid product or if it relies on BES for secure networking - a consumer will be able to get it. Right now you can setup your own server and for $19 have BES yourself (plus hardware and a server OS). And with BES Cloud you can also have BES (right now free during the trial), but I hope that it won't be too much more once it goes live. So you could have BES, Balance, BBM Protected and if it's not free Blend.... depending on what you are willing to pay for.

Personally I think Blend will need to be a free BlackBerry feature.... because we need something to make BlackBerry standout.

But then personally I look at LINK and it's REMOTE FILE ACCESS capabilities and I think.... will this really work?
    08-21-14 07:57 AM
    Personally I think Blend will need to be a free BlackBerry feature.... because we need something to make BlackBerry standout.
    Exactly. And the nature of BES and Blend is not the same, not everyone needs BES but everyone with a PC can't say No for the features Blend offers

I wouldn't mind paying up to $20 a year to use it
    08-21-14 08:42 AM
    I want to BLEND my ISH noww.....
    08-21-14 09:47 AM
    I hope it will be available for consumers and for free to give Blackberry a USP in comparison to the other brands.
    08-21-14 09:51 AM
    I think it's going to be available for consumers and for free
    08-22-14 08:11 AM
    BlackBerry has to give it for free.

This feature is not even new in the industry. Nokia Symbian already had this feature with Nokia Communication Center via bluetooth since 2010. I had the option of making and answering calls and texts straight from my computer.

And yes, Nokia gave it out for free, no discrimination between corporate and consumer, and absolutely no charge.

Posted via CB10 using Blackberry Q10
    Last edited by skstrials; 08-22-14 at 11:15 AM.
    08-22-14 10:51 AM
    Do you think it's going to be available for consumers?
    I can confirm that it'll be free and it'll be available to all BlackBerry users

Posted via CB10
    adrianod1993 likes this.
    08-22-14 11:25 AM

But then personally I look at LINK and it's REMOTE FILE ACCESS capabilities and I think.... will this really work?
    What's wrong with remote file access? I use it all the time and it works great.

I'm looking forward to blend, quite jealous of mac/iphone users sending messages through imessage.

Posted via CB10
    08-22-14 11:37 AM

I'm looking forward to blend, quite jealous of mac/iphone users sending messages through imessage.

Posted via CB10
    I'm also jealous but they won't be getting that feature until ios 8 and OSX Yosemite are released. BlackBerry Blend should be released before that

Posted via CB10
    08-22-14 11:41 AM
    I can confirm that it'll be free and it'll be available to all BlackBerry users

Posted via CB10
    And the source for this?

08-22-14 11:43 AM
    And the source for this?

I'm not allowed to mention his name but he works at BlackBerry. Either you can believe me or not, I don't care

Posted via CB10
    skstrials likes this.
    08-22-14 11:46 AM
    I'm also jealous but they won't be getting that feature until ios 8 and OSX Yosemite are released. BlackBerry Blend should be released before that

Posted via CB10
    I was talking about imessage not sms. I know that sms is coming soon but they've had imessage for sometime now.

Posted via CB10
    08-22-14 11:47 AM
    I was talking about imessage not sms. I know that sms is coming soon but they've had imessage for sometime now.

Posted via CB10
    You're right. I got confused. but at least we'll have sms which they won't get (not even in the new update)

Posted via CB10
    08-22-14 11:49 AM
    i see you you use remote file access all the time is there anyway you can assist me in setting this up i am dumbfounded i cant get it to work i don't know if im doing something wrong or what could use some help
    08-22-14 03:13 PM
    Does it work over wifi? If you want it to work over your mobile network you have to turn that option on in BlackBerry link

Posted via CB10
    08-22-14 03:23 PM
    no it does not work
    08-22-14 03:25 PM

Posted via CB10
    I second this. What is wrong with remote access? It is essential to my day to day operations and works perfectly

Short Stories and Similar Submissions, a Channel dedicated to creative writing and constructive critique C003CC54C. Daily Old Radio Shows! The only Channel that actually offers you a source for entertainment. C0012487D
    08-22-14 03:27 PM
    no it does not work
    Connect your phone to pc, open BlackBerry link, click "sign in" on the top of link. Sign in to your BlackBerry account and set the folder you want to share. I share my storage drive "E:".

Edit: to connect over mobile network it must be done on your phone, not the pc. Open file manager, select your pc, go to settings and enable over mobile network.

Posted via CB10
    08-22-14 03:43 PM
    Link works fine for me too (although in the beginning of BlackBerry 10 it was wonky). I read that a trick is to share more than one folder, preferably a folder and one of its sub folders. In my case I share Desktop and a document folder.

Posted via CB10
    08-23-14 11:46 AM
    Link works fine for me.

BUT I want to be able to answer calls and texts on my computer screen without even taking my phone out.

08-23-14 12:42 PM
    Will BlackBerry Blend maybe also work with e.g. Apple or Android Smartphones which only have BBM installed? So BlackBerry Blend could be used as an alternative to Thunderbird or Outlook, for example. And everyone's desktop system would become additionally an each specific home server for every (just) BBM User worldwide. Wouldn't that be just really cool and could become most popular!?

Good, Better, BlackBerry Z30
    08-23-14 04:54 PM