I remember reading somewhere that BlackBerry Blend would be available through the Windows Store so it could run on Windows RT as a Metro app.

Does anyone have any information on this? So far it only looks like it runs on Windows, Mac, iOS and Android. It would be great to see a Windows RT and PlayBook app.
    aseerashooq likes this.
    10-13-14 08:13 PM
    I really doubt that they will support Windows RT. Does Microsoft still support Windows RT? LOL jk.. I have a Surface RT and would love to have blend on it!
    10-13-14 08:16 PM
    I really doubt that they will support Windows RT. Does Microsoft still support Windows RT? LOL jk.. I have a Surface RT and would love to have blend on it!
    I think Microsoft will be moving to RT permanently once they merge RT and Windows Phone and kill the legacy desktop. But who really knows?
    10-13-14 09:08 PM
    I think Microsoft will be moving to RT permanently once they merge RT and Windows Phone and kill the legacy desktop. But who really knows?
    Huh? the plan is to get everything on windows 10.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 09:26 PM
    Man if they putthe full windows on A smartphone thw same way they did with thier tablet/ laptop theyd have something different and powerful

Swordsmanship & Western Martial Arts Channel C000C9AF6
    10-13-14 09:36 PM
    Huh? the plan is to get everything on windows 10.

Posted via CB10
    True. However, I think that the future of Windows will be without the traditional desktop apps. If all apps are Metro-based and come from the Windows Store, then RT is all that's needed. RT allows traditional Windows to be merged with Windows Phone. Just my opinion.
    10-13-14 09:36 PM
    True. However, I think that the future of Windows will be without the traditional desktop apps. If all apps are Metro-based and come from the Windows Store, then RT is all that's needed. RT allows traditional Windows to be merged with Windows Phone. Just my opinion.
    Windows 10 allows traditional and metro based apps to come from Windows store. RT is not what their going for. Windows 10 is an OS for desktops, tablets, smartphones etc. The UI adapts with the way you use it. So if you add a mouse and keyboard it will switch to desktop mode.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-14 01:29 AM
    Windows 10 allows traditional and metro based apps to come from Windows store. RT is not what their going for. Windows 10 is an OS for desktops, tablets, smartphones etc. The UI adapts with the way you use it. So if you add a mouse and keyboard it will switch to desktop mode.

Posted via CB10
    Hmmmm... I think Windows 10 is just too "big" for use on phones. It can run all Win32 software, DOS and would require antivirus software to function reliably. A phone would eventually grind to a halt once programs kept adding "background apps". Also, Windows 10 is not "instant on".... it would either be on all the time (i.e. like a regular computer) or go to sleep and not allow notifications.

Windows RT (like Windows Phone) is always on and is not affected by malware or viruses (just no way to run them). It can run on ARM, but it can also run full desktop apps if MS allows it (like Office 2013, etc). One the surface, running Windows 8.1 RT and Windows 8.1 is identical unless you want to install full Windows applications.

I think RT makes a lot more send than full Windows in the long run. If all future apps come from the Windows Store, why would you need full Windows?
    10-16-14 07:30 AM
    windows RT is bad. When i got my Asus Transformer (for free) I was so upset that it had windows 8... then I saw it was the full version and i was actually very pleased. It is essentially a laptop with tablet features, not a half baked tablet
    10-28-14 02:37 PM
    Get the surface pro, I got myself a used one

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
    10-28-14 02:42 PM
    Hmmmm... I

I think RT makes a lot more send than full Windows in the long run. If all future apps come from the Windows Store, why would you need full Windows?

The Windows Store is fine for casual users, but apps do not compare to full-fledged software, especially for productivity or serious gaming.
    10-28-14 04:01 PM
    The Windows Store is fine for casual users, but apps do not compare to full-fledged software, especially for productivity or serious gaming.
    But there is nothing to prevent "full fledged" software from being ported to Metro apps. Once this happens, what do we need full Windows for? Wouldn't RT be enough then?
    10-28-14 06:48 PM
    But there is nothing to prevent "full fledged" software from being ported to Metro apps. Once this happens, what do we need full Windows for? Wouldn't RT be enough then?
    just like there is nothing stopping people from porting android apps to BBW... just because it is easy it doesnt mean its gonna happen. The evernote app for W8 is horrible. Im forced to use web or desktop client because of it.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-28-14 07:28 PM

Metro apps tend to be "light" versions that lack features or functionality of their desktop counterparts. For example, the Metro Skype app doesn't even allow one to share files. It has fewer features than even the Windows Phone Skype app. A complete Skype experience requires the desktop Skype software.
    10-28-14 07:42 PM
    Metro apps tend to be "light" versions that lack features or functionality of their desktop counterparts. For example, the Metro Skype app doesn't even allow one to share files. It has fewer features than even the Windows Phone Skype app. A complete Skype experience requires the desktop Skype software.
    tell me about it. the Evernote app is so ugly and I dont even know how to begin using it. quickest app delete ever lol.
    10-31-14 01:51 PM
    tell me about it. the Evernote app is so ugly and I dont even know how to begin using it. quickest app delete ever lol.

I don't use Metro Evernote either. The desktop Evernote works great, though.
    11-04-14 04:16 AM
    I don't use Metro Evernote either. The desktop Evernote works great, though.
    Yup. And the new web app beta is crap as well

Posted via CB10
    11-04-14 06:10 AM
    Windows RT is worst thing to come out of Microsoft ever. It is not the future, it's not even the past. It breaks everything that windows stands for, openness, back history of thousands upon thousands of software titles. Apps are an echo of what is truly possible on a proper machine.

I'm all for Blend being available from the windows store but let RT die the silent death it deserves

Posted via CB10
    Laura Knotek and FSeverino like this.
    11-05-14 05:13 AM
    I need the blackberry 10 software on my desktop windows 8 compatibile
    12-27-15 03:48 AM