I just got my new Passport. I was excited to try Blend. Downloaded blend on my Mac - installed it and tried to make the connection. My Passport tells me I need to run a more up to date version of Blend on my Mac. When I launch Blend on my Mac - I get a notifications centre pop-up message telling me there is an update - but when I click that it just takes me back to the Blend software. There is no option in the Blend software to check for updates.

I tried updating Link - but it tells me I am up to date.

So any thoughts?

Thanks in Advance
    01-07-15 07:40 PM
    Download it from the site instead of through the app. - http://us.blackberry.com/software/de...rry-blend.html
    Shintocam likes this.
    01-07-15 07:44 PM
    Thanks Blaze. That unfortunately is exactly where I got it from, so I'm still stuck.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-15 09:17 PM
    To let everyone know - I figured it out. Bla1ze's advice got me thinking. I tried plugging my Passport in via USB and still no joy. However, I then thought - well maybe instead I should install it from my phone rather than the download link - since I got an update for Blend on my phone when I first set it up. In order to do this, I had to uninstall Blend, Link and all Blackberry preferences (Library>Application Support>Blackberry) and then restart my computer (by the way I had to do this in Safe Mode because some of the items could not be deleted). I then plugged in my Blackberry Passport and it asked me if I wanted to install the Desktop software which I did. This included a newer version of Blend (Version 1.1 vs 1.0.1). And after another restart - everything is working as expected - both through WiFi and USB.

All the best.
    01-07-15 11:08 PM