I have a use case where I need to read the calendar items for the current time and read the subject and send an email to those attendees. It really isn't useful if I can't do this for calendar items on the work side.

Will the bb10 dev api allow this on work calendar? I suspect not because it is on the work side.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-14 01:51 PM
    Lets try the balance forum where hopefully some BES10+ members can help you out!
    10-28-14 05:21 PM
    This was an api /sdk related question for programmers.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-14 06:43 PM
    If your app is BB10 native and the BES Admin makes it available for installation in the Work Space of the BB10 phones (from BlackBerry World - Work) that are hooked up to the server then you should be able to do what you need to do if it can be done with a Calendar in the Personal Space.

I've tested native apps that make entries in Calendars by putting them in the Work Space and they can make their entries in the Work Calendar just fine.

Posted from my BlackBerry Z30 STA100-2 /10.2.1.3247 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2.4
    11-06-14 07:51 PM
    At my company, when I view blackberry world on work side I see no applications available. I presume requiring installation of an app on the Work side via bes admin would kill the reach of the app.

The app needs to know which people are in the meeting which is scheduled right now this meeting will most likely be on work calendar. Not personal.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-14 10:26 PM
    So make your app available in BlackBerry World - Work from the BES10 sever, install it in to the Work Space, and see if it works.

If you're intending your app to be for Enterprise users then having to have the BES Admin make it available for use in the Work Space doesn't in itself limit it's reach, presuming your app is also available in BlackBerry World for use with Calendars in the Personal Space (some people connect their BB10 phones to their work mailbox using plain ActiveSync and no BES).

What does make things tricky for devs is that there is no organised way for BES Admins to be made aware of native apps that have been designed to work in the Work Space, or for users on BES10 servers to find out for themselves what could made available. You just have to rely on the BES Admin discovering it or a BlackBerry fanboy user bring it to his/het attention at work!

I'll be bringing this to the attention of BlackBerry UK when I next meet with them in a few weeks.

Posted from my BlackBerry Z30 STA100-2 /10.2.1.3247 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2.4
    11-07-14 05:54 AM