Hi friends.

Currently I am using Blackberry Aurora since August 2017 and the device running smoothly as prime daily usage. No problem.

But I don't understand why my device has never received any update on Security Patch or OS, and its mentioned that the last update was 1 April 2017. Every time if I tap the icon System Update which shown via Fota, says; "Your system is up-to-date".

So, anyone know is there any other way how to get the new update of OS? Thanks.
    08-26-19 06:30 PM
    Hi friends.

Currently I am using Blackberry Aurora since August 2017 and the device running smoothly as prime daily usage. No problem.

But I don't understand why my device has never received any update on Security Patch or OS, and its mentioned that the last update was 1 April 2017. Every time if I tap the icon System Update which shown via Fota, says; "Your system is up-to-date".

So, anyone know is there any other way how to get the new update of OS? Thanks.
    BB PT Merah Putih chose not to provide any updates or security patches.
    BigAl_BB9900 and Sime0n_S like this.
    08-26-19 07:08 PM
    Hi, thanks Conite

Yes, actually I have sent an email to them asked regarding the same but they never replied.
    The question, is it okay using devices without updating the OS for more than two years? I am concern about the security. So I am looking the other way to get new update, same as commonly android devices do. Any link that I can download or follow the instructions?
    08-26-19 07:39 PM
    Hi, thanks Conite

Yes, actually I have sent an email to them asked regarding the same but they never replied.
    The question, is it okay using devices without updating the OS for more than two years? I am concern about the security. So I am looking the other way to get new update, same as commonly android devices do. Any link that I can download or follow the instructions?
    There is no other way to update the device. The boatloader is locked and the device can't be rooted.

The company no longer exists as far as I know.

Keep your apps updated, and only use the official Google Play Store.
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    08-26-19 07:56 PM
    There is no other way to update the device. The boatloader is locked and the device can't be rooted.

The company no longer exists as far as I know.

Keep your apps updated, and only use the official Google Play Store.
    Omg. Thanks for the info Sir. Then I have to buy a new device. Do you know which BlackBerry Android that consisted give OS update? Key2?
    08-27-19 10:08 AM
    Omg. Thanks for the info Sir. Then I have to buy a new device. Do you know which BlackBerry Android that consisted give OS update? Key2?
    While the K2s for most regions received regular updates, this phone is already over a year old, and inventory is almost gone. Further, it's looking less likely each day that there will ever be another BB-branded phone. Given that you're already used to an all-touch phone, it's probably time to look at other brands. If updates are important, or camera quality, you can't do better than the Google Pixel, but I'm sure Samsung and LG have some great options too, among others.
    08-27-19 10:26 AM
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1381535354
    08-27-19 10:28 AM
    KEY2 up to now is consistent.... but there is no sign of get getting the promised PIE update, and in ten months it's two years of patches will be up - if they last that long. Signs are strong that the program with BlackBerry and TCL is not doing well.

You want a consistent device... buy a Google, Samsung or a phone using Android One.
    08-27-19 10:39 AM
    While the K2s for most regions received regular updates, this phone is already over a year old, and inventory is almost gone. Further, it's looking less likely each day that there will ever be another BB-branded phone. Given that you're already used to an all-touch phone, it's probably time to look at other brands. If updates are important, or camera quality, you can't do better than the Google Pixel, but I'm sure Samsung and LG have some great options too, among others.
    Hi Tiscareno thanks for sharing your opinion, appreciated.
    Yes as you said, I have been using all touch Blackberry devices such as Torch, Z30 and now Aurora. So for the next one I am considering to have a Note 10 of Samsung.
    08-27-19 11:30 AM
    KEY2 up to now is consistent.... but there is no sign of get getting the promised PIE update, and in ten months it's two years of patches will be up - if they last that long. Signs are strong that the program with BlackBerry and TCL is not doing well.

You want a consistent device... buy a Google, Samsung or a phone using Android One.
    Thanks Dunt, yes I am considering to buy Samsung Note 10.
    08-27-19 11:33 AM
    Thanks Dunt, yes I am considering to buy Samsung Note 10.
    Good choice, it's security is on par with that of BlackBerry and if you want a BlackBerry feel... you can install the HUB+ apps on the Note 10. (Cobalt's BlackBerry Manager)
    08-27-19 11:52 AM
    Good choice, it's security is on par with that of BlackBerry and if you want a BlackBerry feel... you can install the HUB+ apps on the Note 10. (Cobalt's BlackBerry Manager)
    And the possibility of upgrades to Q/R doesn't require a model number lottery or anything like that.
    08-27-19 01:49 PM
    And the possibility of upgrades to Q/R doesn't require a model number lottery or anything like that.
    Wait... are you saying KEY2 owners can get PIE by signing up for some lottery?
    08-27-19 03:06 PM
    I believe he's saying you were automatically entered when purchasing a KEY2.
    08-28-19 12:55 AM
    The KEYone was the one with the lottery for major updates, KEY2/LE seems to just be an IOU for Pie. Although, given their uneven software update schedule, one could make the case that monthlies are now at the whim of a roulette wheel in China.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    08-28-19 04:43 AM
    The KEYone was the one with the lottery for major updates, KEY2/LE seems to just be an IOU for Pie. Although, given their uneven software update schedule, one could make the case that monthlies are now at the whim of a roulette wheel in China.
    And here I taught it was darts....
    08-28-19 07:00 AM
    In Indonesia OP would be likely be comparing Samsung, Xiaomi and Oppo products.
    Troy Tiscareno likes this.
    08-28-19 09:56 AM
    In Indonesia OP would be likely be comparing Samsung, Xiaomi and Oppo products.
    Why not proprietary Android hardware?
    09-02-19 06:01 PM
    I was just pointing out that LG and the Pixel are not as popular in Indonesia .
    09-03-19 01:00 AM
    I was just pointing out that LG and the Pixel are not as popular in Indonesia .

And BlackBerry was?

But you are right, different market with different options. Best to search your own market and see what experienced others are having with current options available in that market.
    09-04-19 11:54 AM