09-09-17 02:14 PM
39 12
tools
    I would have provided free monthly updates to make sure none of my customers gets infected with any spyware or any kind of rootkit viruses. Customer satisfaction is number one. Obviously Puti mera does not care about its customers, like yourself.
    Nothing is free. It costs money. These companies are not charities. More services = more money. Period.

Why do you think BlackBerry Android devices in the other markets are so much more expensive?
    09-08-17 12:59 PM
    That's a poor excuse, this is a high-end device tell me if anything they should expand this Market to other countries like Singapore.
    If you read the device properties it's a rebranded ZTE.
    09-08-17 01:02 PM
    They don't understand what customer satisfaction is all about. No customer satisfaction means no business and no business means no profit for you. You don't know how to run a business.
    09-08-17 01:03 PM
    They don't understand what customer satisfaction is all about. No customer satisfaction means no business and no business means no profit for you. You don't know how to run a business.
    So, selling phones at breakeven or a loss will improve profits?
    09-08-17 01:07 PM
    Seriously dude, you don't care about people, you only care about the money. Wrong way to live your life, because you will regret it one day.
    09-08-17 01:09 PM
    Seriously dude, you don't care about people, you only care about the money. Wrong way to live your life, because you will regret it one day.
    Are we not talking about a for-profit business? You're the one who just claimed I don't know how to run one.

And what about all of its shareholders that are depending on earnings for their retirement?
    Last edited by conite; 09-08-17 at 02:18 PM.
    09-08-17 01:30 PM
    If you were CEO of PT BB Merah Putih, you would have raised the price by $25 or so to get monthly updates. Check.
    Where are these numbers and price of device being tied to security patches coming from? I'm not saying its not the case, just wondering.
    And isn't BlackBerry's license agreement a set amount per device? Doesn't really matter what the licencee sells the device for does it?
    09-08-17 04:24 PM
    Where are these numbers and price of device being tied to security patches coming from? I'm not saying its not the case, just wondering.
    BlackBerry is being paid by the licencee somehow - either at the point of sale of the device, or a fee per update. Either way, the more patches/servicing, the higher the cost that the licencee would have to pass on to its customers. There's only one pocket.
    09-08-17 04:27 PM
    BlackBerry is being paid by the licencee somehow - either at the point of sale of the device, or a fee per update. Either way, the more patches/servicing, the higher the cost that the licencee would have to pass on to its customers. There's only one pocket.
    Possible but that's pure conjecture really. Until if ever BlackBerry discloses how these license deals are set up, nobody can say one way or the other how it all works.
    As for the concern some people are showing, yes I can see how a software company that touts its security and gartner rating may want to patch up any potential issues that could cause its software to be hacked. Yet they don't seem to be doing that.
    09-08-17 04:38 PM
    Possible but that's pure conjecture really. Until if ever BlackBerry discloses how these license deals are set up, nobody can say one way or the other how it all works.
    As for the concern some people are showing, yes I can see how a software company that touts its security and gartner rating may want to patch up any potential issues that could cause its software to be hacked. Yet they don't seem to be doing that.
    Clearly something is different about the Aurora and the deal with PT BB Merah Putih.

Either they made a deal that involves less updates for less money, or BlackBerry is supposed to provide monthly updates and is in breach of contract. No one seems upset, and I see no pending lawsuits, so I bet on the former.
    09-08-17 04:41 PM
    What is the point of owning a phone that has a security patch completely out of date? We've got people here who think they know everything about the license deal between pootie Mara and blackberry. Security patches are free and updates are free, end of story.
    Last edited by Elite1; 09-09-17 at 11:07 AM. Reason: Removed rude portion
    09-08-17 11:27 PM
    Clean up on Aisle 6!

Thread closed for review.
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    09-08-17 11:57 PM
    Thread open again for business.

Play Nice, Be Helpful, and have Respect!
    This means keep the language clean, keep your posts polite, and don't insult others because they disagree with you.
    09-09-17 11:25 AM
    Security patches are free and updates are free, end of story.
    BlackBerry has a large development team dedicated to the OS and its security updates. That costs real, significant, money. The more updates a licencee wants, the more money it will cost them.
    09-09-17 02:14 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD