10-07-17 07:39 AM
54 123
tools
    Clean up on Aisle 6!

Thread closed for review.
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    09-08-17 11:57 PM
    Thread open again for business.

Play Nice, Be Helpful, and have Respect!
    This means keep the language clean, keep your posts polite, and don't insult others because they disagree with you.
    09-09-17 11:25 AM
    Security patches are free and updates are free, end of story.
    BlackBerry has a large development team dedicated to the OS and its security updates. That costs real, significant, money. The more updates a licencee wants, the more money it will cost them.
    09-09-17 02:14 PM
    BlackBerry has a large development team dedicated to the OS and its security updates. That costs real, significant, money. The more updates a licencee wants, the more money it will cost them.
    So what's the point of buying a device I will eventually get spyware and viruses? You got problems but no Solutions and that speaks volume on how Blackberry operates.
    09-30-17 04:18 PM
    So what's the point of buying a device I will eventually get spyware and viruses? You got problems but no Solutions and that speaks volume on how Blackberry operates.
    It doesn't speak to how BlackBerry operates, it speaks to how PT BB Merah Putih operates.

Integrity detection, built into every Aurora, will not allow any system file to be tampered with, so that is a security feature that is irrespective of monthly patches. A locked bootloader and hardware root of trust will not allow other non-signed software to be installed on the device - also irrespective of monthly patches.

While monthly patches are preferred, it doesn't help anyone if the customer base can't afford them, so a more staggered approach was deemed a good compromise by PT BB Merah Putih. If you don't agree, and are lucky enough to afford to pay more than the average Indonesian, then import a KEYᵒⁿᵉ or Krypton.
    09-30-17 04:35 PM
    How do you know all this? Do you work for Blackberry? Now this device has the Blackberry brand label and therefore blackberry's reputation is at risk here. Android Oreo is already available for Google pixel, so I don't see why it is not available for Blackberry Aurora. If the update that's out it should be available for download on any Android device.
    09-30-17 04:42 PM
    If you say Blackberry Aurora has already security built in, then what's the point of the security patch that Google releases every month?
    09-30-17 04:50 PM
    If you say Blackberry Aurora has already security built in, then what's the point of the security patch that Google releases every month?
    They are different things entirely.

One speaks to the intrinsic resilience of the device to threats, and the other attempts to minimize (close the door to) the threats.
    09-30-17 05:06 PM
    How do you know all this? Do you work for Blackberry? Now this device has the Blackberry brand label and therefore blackberry's reputation is at risk here. Android Oreo is already available for Google pixel, so I don't see why it is not available for Blackberry Aurora. If the update that's out it should be available for download on any Android device.
    As I wrote earlier to your other alias, Oreo came out of beta only a month ago and it takes months to harden it. BlackBerry doesn't have a development team the size of Apple or Samsung.

If you just want vanilla Oreo, there are plenty of other choices - the Pixel being one of them.
    09-30-17 05:08 PM
    How do you know all this?
    It's all well documented material.

It seems like you should do some more reading before taking such an extreme stance on the overall subject.
    Last edited by conite; 09-30-17 at 05:23 PM.
    09-30-17 05:10 PM
    Where's the document? Cuz right now it's just your words against mine, no proof no evidence.
    09-30-17 05:15 PM
    Where's the document? Cuz right now it's just your words against mine, no proof no evidence.
    What information in particular?

And what is your position anyway? You just seem to be throwing sticks in all directions.
    09-30-17 05:17 PM
    Well, if you claim to know me well enough as you said in your last post then you know exactly what my position is. I want to avoid another Android fragmentation on my device. I hope that's clear to you.
    09-30-17 05:21 PM
    Well, if you claim to know me well enough as you said in your last post then you know exactly what my position is. I want to avoid another Android fragmentation on my device. I hope that's clear to you.
    How does the lack of consistent monthly updates cause fragmentation?
    09-30-17 05:24 PM
    So buying a entry level Aurora should entitle me to a same level of product as buying a flagship or mid-tier device? Why should I or anyone else buy anything but the cheapest Android device from any OEM ever again???
    09-30-17 05:29 PM
    How does the lack of consistent monthly updates cause fragmentation?
    You should go read more about Android fragmentation.
    09-30-17 05:31 PM
    You should go read more about Android fragmentation.
    Right back at you.
    09-30-17 05:32 PM
    You call this device cheap? You have no idea the realities of Indonesia. This device is top of the line and in fact it has more RAM than most Android devices. The price may be cheap for this device is absolutely not cheap. You obviously have not done any research.
    09-30-17 05:33 PM
    You call this device cheap? You have no idea the realities of Indonesia. This device is top of the line and in fact it has more RAM than most Android devices. The price may be cheap for this device is absolutely not cheap. You obviously have not done any research.
    But in the global economy, it's cheap. You're worried about fragmented Android while ignoring that global economy for manufacturing is not expense fragmented...
    09-30-17 05:37 PM
    As long as you only get apps from the Play Store, don't click on suspicious email or website links, the chance of you actually getting a harmful virus is next to zero.
    09-30-17 07:11 PM
    Really, all I'm asking for you is to explain what customers? This a forum of people that follow and support BlackBerry and it's licensees. I and other participants aren't selling anything so we have no customers....

What BlackBerry phone do you even own??
    10-02-17 07:01 PM
    So you're saying Blackberry makes fake phones? You see how ridiculous you sound
    No, he's saying PT BB Merah Putih offers an entry level BlackBerry-branded device with a 400 series SoC for the budget customer.
    10-06-17 07:39 AM
    This is not an entry device, it has 4 gigabytes of RAM. This is a great device with poor customer service.
    10-06-17 07:44 AM
    This is not an entry device, it has 4 gigabytes of RAM. This is a great device with poor customer service.
    A device with a 400 series SoC is, by definition, entry level.
    10-06-17 07:50 AM
    What are you going on about now? You can disable fingerprint and use a PIN on Apple too.

Apple is as premium as it gets. That's what you don't understand. You pay a big price for big specs and big customer support and service.

The Aurora is cheap, for entry-level specs, decent support, and basic/sporatic updates.
    Oh really? Then how come the iPhone doesn't last as long as the Aurora and does not even have a dual-sim capability? And yet you call it high end? Completely laughable.
    10-06-17 07:19 PM
54 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD