this phone intrigued me. through my research some have likened it's feel / form factor to a z10. is that accurate ? if so I want it. thats one thing I LOVED about the z10...thefeel in the hand. the squareness, the sticky rubber backing...(which no one has yet to reproduce). ??
    No, I know for sure Z10 is smaller than Aurora.
    08-29-17 01:56 PM
    yea, I know it's smaller. but the build, the feel, the shape.
    08-29-17 02:59 PM
    yea, I know it's smaller. but the build, the feel, the shape.
    Actually, it's a lot closer to Z30 in that regards. Although, not really. It's really one of a kind design.
    08-29-17 07:09 PM
    I lost my whole reply again: aaargh. Short story: Nice device, easy to hold, slightly bigger than Leap, but feels thinner and lighter. great mini tablet. Hotspotting from my Bold! The data-sucking is under control now, there is even a setting to conserve data on metered wifi, and it works smooth as butter. Pandora found out I can save a station offline now, and told me so while T I waas streaming! Said my most played station was already saved offline for me, sure enough, I disconnected and it switched to Thumbprint Radio which I background streamed all day at work.
    08-30-17 05:17 AM
    ps: still no backspace key inside of Crackberry...
    08-30-17 05:19 AM
    (thats right, the Bold can hotspot on 7.1 o.s., even if the simcard thinks it cant... even if the simcard says Contact Your Carrier when its in my BB10 device.)
    08-30-17 05:23 AM
    The one thing that BB Merah Putih got right with this phone is stamping that glorious BlackBerry logo and wordmark on the front! Too bad BBMo couldn't wedge that somewhere on the front of the KEYone, although now that I look at it, there doesn't seem to be much room to put one on there.

i doubt the KEYone needs a be badged on the front with a logo it is pretty clear it's a blackberry.
    09-24-17 01:49 AM
    I'm actually enjoying my BlackBerry Aurora so much. It is, without a doubt, and honestly so, the best android phone I have ever used. So stable, never gets hot even once, the call quality is good, the battery life is amazing for an android--15 to 20 hours on normal to medium use, could definitely be more, incredible and true capability of multitasking that I've never thought I'd see in an android, and blazing fast actions of every app that I installed on it, except for heavy duty games (of course).

And it's also a LOT more secure than the average androids, thanks to DTEK and Nougat!

The build quality is so good it's almost unbelievable it's actually made in Indonesia and by Indonesian. Lol.
    It has been 1 year since this thread's first post. How's your aurora now?
    Do you get 2 years updates like what they've promised?
    Are they a major updates like "nougat to oreo" or just a small security patches that we don't even know what changes?

I believe it's already obsolete within 3 months since you bought it. I saw on some online shopping this phone's price is dropped to less than 90USD.
    07-21-18 07:07 AM
    Have just bought BlackBerry Aurora and immediately switched everything from my BB Classic.
    I think it's decent. Not awesome, just decent. At least I don't have to worry about Whatsapp anymore and it's irritating warning.

The Hub is faster and feels more natural here than when I installed it on a regular Android. My only gripe is the fact that the VKB sucks. It cannot switch automatically and seamlessly between two languages. One must still switch it manually every single time. But at least in here the process to do so is faster than on a regular android.

What's more important: I can finally work properly with MsWord. The track change feature is available correctly, and certain document formatting that I need for my translation works shows and runs correctly. I can actually see myself using the phone more and more for work related activities. Just what I need.

Gonna see how long I could keep on using this before missing the PKB. Lol
    You shouldn't have to switch languages manually. I use French and English on a daily basis and both languages get detected automatically.
    08-06-18 04:45 PM
    It has been 1 year since this thread's first post. How's your aurora now?
    Do you get 2 years updates like what they've promised?
    Are they a major updates like "nougat to oreo" or just a small security patches that we don't even know what changes?

I believe it's already obsolete within 3 months since you bought it. I saw on some online shopping this phone's price is dropped to less than 90USD.
    just bought aurora yesterday - yepp i know its late - but i bought it because its the only phone i can afford now - just lost my previous phone the other day.

ive been used a lot of blackberry, from the old one ( 87XX generation ) to the pretty new one with BB10 ( Z3, Z10, Z30 ) and tbh this is my 1st blackberry-droid device ive ever have.

not bad for 110$ New and have 1 year warranty in my country, got the black one, 4/32GB is enough for my usage, everything is ok for its price, just update it few hours ago, its a minor update actually.

no regret so far, little decent device!
    09-05-18 11:20 AM
60 123