Maybe the Indonesia company should have had the international licence.

Posted via CB10
    Maybe. I mean, even the Russians love and import it. BB Merah Putih should talk more to BlackBerry HQ.
    06-22-17 02:54 AM
    I'm actually enjoying my BlackBerry Aurora so much. It is, without a doubt, and honestly so, the best android phone I have ever used. So stable, never gets hot even once, the call quality is good, the battery life is amazing for an android--15 to 20 hours on normal to medium use, could definitely be more, incredible and true capability of multitasking that I've never thought I'd see in an android, and blazing fast actions of every app that I installed on it, except for heavy duty games (of course).

And it's also a LOT more secure than the average androids, thanks to DTEK and Nougat!

The build quality is so good it's almost unbelievable it's actually made in Indonesia and by Indonesian. Lol.
    Last edited by bhoqeem; 06-24-17 at 10:26 AM.
    Bbnivende and Lincoln Liking like this.
    06-24-17 10:10 AM
    Agree. The phone is very stable . The phone is as solid as Q20 when typing.
    06-24-17 08:50 PM
    I'm actually enjoying my BlackBerry Aurora so much. It is, without a doubt, and honestly so, the best android phone I have ever used. So stable, never gets hot even once, the call quality is good, the battery life is amazing for an android--15 to 20 hours on normal to medium use, could definitely be more, incredible and true capability of multitasking that I've never thought I'd see in an android, and blazing fast actions of every app that I installed on it, except for heavy duty games (of course).

And it's also a LOT more secure than the average androids, thanks to DTEK and Nougat!

The build quality is so good it's almost unbelievable it's actually made in Indonesia and by Indonesian. Lol.
    You mentioned multi-tasking. Is that because of Nougat?
    07-16-17 06:14 PM
    You mentioned multi-tasking. Is that because of Nougat?
    I think so, yes.
    07-16-17 08:51 PM
    I think so, yes.
    I'm doing my research. Really thinking about getting one
    07-16-17 11:18 PM
    I'm doing my research. Really thinking about getting one
    Good thinking with the research, bro. I hope it'll meet your expectations.
    07-16-17 11:29 PM
    Good thinking with the research, bro. I hope it'll meet your expectations.
    Thanks a lot. My biggest concerns are the screen and the bulkiness. the 720P bothers me. but from what i hear it looks good. As for the size, i have a Leap which feels really good in the hand, and the Aurora is said the be thinner than the Leap.
    07-17-17 08:49 AM
    Thanks a lot. My biggest concerns are the screen and the bulkiness. the 720P bothers me. but from what i hear it looks good. As for the size, i have a Leap which feels really good in the hand, and the Aurora is said the be thinner than the Leap.
    Yeah, it's thin. As thin as iPhone 7, I believe, but a wee bit wider.

The screen is good. Decent. And--i guarantee you--it never lags, nor heats up. Even with a rather heavy multitasking event of 2-4 apps working at once. Ask around the other Aurora owners, they'll say the same.
    07-17-17 09:04 AM
    Yeah, it's thin. As thin as iPhone 7, I believe, but a wee bit wider.

The screen is good. Decent. And--i guarantee you--it never lags, nor heats up. Even with a rather heavy multitasking event of 2-4 apps working at once. Ask around the other Aurora owners, they'll say the same.
    You're really selling me on this phone

Do you have pics of the device you can post? Or have you posted pics already? Maybe size it up with another phone if it's not too much trouble
    07-17-17 10:10 AM
    You're really selling me on this phone

Do you have pics of the device you can post? Or have you posted pics already? Maybe size it up with another phone if it's not too much trouble
    You can actually google it yourself and choose "Image" on the result. There are not many pictures of it being stacked against and/or compared side by side with other phones.

Here are tons of them :

https://www.google.com/search?client...77.uqdrx9mCVJE
    07-17-17 11:17 AM
    You can actually google it yourself and choose "Image" on the result. There are not many pictures of it being stacked against and/or compared side by side with other phones.

Here are tons of them :

https://www.google.com/search?client...77.uqdrx9mCVJE
    Thanks so much
    07-17-17 11:21 AM
    this image shows the Priv, Aurora and KEYone: https://blackberries.ru/wp-content/u...-Aurora-11.jpg
    07-17-17 11:23 AM
    Thanks so much
    You are welcome.
    07-17-17 11:25 AM
    Nice. It doesn't seem that unwieldy. I'm loving this phone honestly.
    07-17-17 12:27 PM
    Hello Rico,

I live and purchased it in Indonesia, my country. It's not too popular at first, due to the price being considered too expensive, a couple of months ago, but now it has finally reached the perfect price point of Rp2,300,000 or US$173 (from Rp3,500,000 or US$263.8). I believe it will slowly pick up. Many folks here still love BlackBerry and BBM is still somewhat the norms, alongside whatsapp.

The camera, I can say for sure, is better than any BB10 camera. It is able to focus and takes shot instantly. The result is quite sharp, even in low light situation. Not awesomely gorgeous, mind you, but it's clean and decently sharp. Color? Just right, I think. It has a smorgasbord of customization and modes, but I haven't yet the time to tinker with it.

The performance when I played some Grimm (TV Series ) films from a USB via OTG feature is smooth, as opposed to when I tried the same thing with the Z30, or even the Passport. The color is nice to look at, not too dark, not overly bright. The dialog sound syncs perfectly with subtitle. It of course is able to run them even better from its local 32GB ROM.

Netflix runs blazing FAST and smooth and enjoyable to look at.

Sounds for music? Not too good. It's rather high on treble, lacking in bass. Decent lah.

I can't say anything yet about the battery, as I have just bought it mere hours ago.

I will post more anon, ya.

OT: Did you see an increased use of BBM among your friends due to the new added WeChat like features?

Posted via CB10
    07-18-17 11:20 PM
    OT: Did you see an increased use of BBM among your friends due to the new added WeChat like features?

Posted via CB10
    Not really, no. BBM on android is nothing at all like the one on BBOS and BB10. I don't like using it. In fact, I don't use it.
    07-18-17 11:30 PM
    Could someone help me decipher this? According to specs the Aurora supports the following:

2GGSM 900
    2GGSM 1800
    3GUMTS 850
    3GUMTS 900
    3GUMTS 2100
    3GLTE 850
    4GLTE 900
    4GLTE 1800
    4GLTE 2600
    4GLTE 850

My country Jamaica supports: GSM 850,900/1800/1900 MHZ, UMTS 850/1900/2100

What does that even mean? LOL!
    Those are operating frequency bands that aurora supported. 2G GSM 1800 means that 2G service is operated within those (1800MHz) frequency range which is 1805-1880 MHz (downlink) and 1710-1785 MHz (uplink).

Each of them (2G, UMTS, 4G) has their own ranges following the ITU standard for down and up - link. Here in Indonesia, 1800MHz bands are mostly used for 4G (in urban area like city with high population) or 3G (in suburban area with less population or area which isn't covered by 4G yet). Carriers might use different variety of bands for their services depend on following regulation by the goverment and the area they're working at.

For example, if I am in the area where my carrier using 1800 band for their 3G network, but my phone only supported 4G LTE and 2G GSM at those bands, then my phone will not receive any 3G signal at all.
    Last edited by chain13; 07-31-17 at 03:19 AM.
    07-30-17 11:14 PM
    I have two languages on the KEYone and I don't have to switch lo ase solo !! I wonder why it isn't the same for you it's bb software???
    08-27-17 06:53 PM
    I have two languages on the KEYone and I don't have to switch lo ase solo !! I wonder why it isn't the same for you it's bb software???
    Well, I simply don't believe it. There's no such thing as true multi languages virtual keyboard without switching back and forth on android. Only BB10 has managed to do that perfectly.
    08-28-17 05:49 AM
    language input- languages - language preference I have English and Spanish and it works just as it did on my PRíV and dteck50 and know on the KEYone.
    08-28-17 03:51 PM
    language input- languages - language preference I have English and Spanish and it works just as it did on my PRíV and dteck50 and know on the KEYone.
    Same as me, on English and Indonesian. But I could never write two languages at the same time in a post without having to manually switch to each respective language setting if I don't want the words get red, or presented with incorrect word suggestions.

Only on BB10 anyone can actually write mix languages without having to switch language setting.

Not on android.

And besides, I was talking about virtual keyboard, while keyone uses physical. Perhaps there's a difference.
    08-28-17 07:58 PM
    well it works for me on my phone yo no se lo que pasa? that's just too bad
    08-28-17 08:05 PM
    Same as me, on English and Indonesian. But I could never write two languages at the same time in a post without having to manually switch to each respective language setting if I don't want the words get red, or presented with incorrect word suggestions.

Only on BB10 anyone can actually write mix languages without having to switch language setting.

Not on android.

And besides, I was talking about virtual keyboard, while keyone uses physical. Perhaps there's a difference.
    It also works when I'm using the virtual keyboard! I find that so strange and when I used the dteck50 it worked fine. Maybe it's just an Aurora thing
    08-28-17 08:13 PM
    this phone intrigued me. through my research some have likened it's feel / form factor to a z10. is that accurate ? if so I want it. thats one thing I LOVED about the z10...thefeel in the hand. the squareness, the sticky rubber backing...(which no one has yet to reproduce). ??
    08-29-17 08:18 AM
60 123