Have just bought BlackBerry Aurora and immediately switched everything from my BB Classic.
    I think it's decent. Not awesome, just decent. At least I don't have to worry about Whatsapp anymore and it's irritating warning.

The Hub is faster and feels more natural here than when I installed it on a regular Android. My only gripe is the fact that the VKB sucks. It cannot switch automatically and seamlessly between two languages. One must still switch it manually every single time. But at least in here the process to do so is faster than on a regular android.

What's more important: I can finally work properly with MsWord. The track change feature is available correctly, and certain document formatting that I need for my translation works shows and runs correctly. I can actually see myself using the phone more and more for work related activities. Just what I need.

Gonna see how long I could keep on using this before missing the PKB. Lol
    PantherBlitz likes this.
    06-15-17 08:11 AM
    Hello glad to hear this. Where did you purchase? Is it popular in your part of the world? How is the camera as it had some specs / settings only for Aurora device.
    Good luck
    06-15-17 08:14 AM
    Hello glad to hear this. Where did you purchase? Is it popular in your part of the world? How is the camera as it had some specs / settings only for Aurora device.
    Good luck
    Hello Rico,

I live and purchased it in Indonesia, my country. It's not too popular at first, due to the price being considered too expensive, a couple of months ago, but now it has finally reached the perfect price point of Rp2,300,000 or US$173 (from Rp3,500,000 or US$263.8). I believe it will slowly pick up. Many folks here still love BlackBerry and BBM is still somewhat the norms, alongside whatsapp.

The camera, I can say for sure, is better than any BB10 camera. It is able to focus and takes shot instantly. The result is quite sharp, even in low light situation. Not awesomely gorgeous, mind you, but it's clean and decently sharp. Color? Just right, I think. It has a smorgasbord of customization and modes, but I haven't yet the time to tinker with it.

The performance when I played some Grimm (TV Series ) films from a USB via OTG feature is smooth, as opposed to when I tried the same thing with the Z30, or even the Passport. The color is nice to look at, not too dark, not overly bright. The dialog sound syncs perfectly with subtitle. It of course is able to run them even better from its local 32GB ROM.

Netflix runs blazing FAST and smooth and enjoyable to look at.

Sounds for music? Not too good. It's rather high on treble, lacking in bass. Decent lah.

I can't say anything yet about the battery, as I have just bought it mere hours ago.

I will post more anon, ya.

Last edited by bhoqeem; 07-17-17 at 11:28 AM.
    06-15-17 08:41 AM
    Is BlackBerry bothering with the monthly updates for this?
    06-15-17 08:41 AM
    Is BlackBerry bothering with the monthly updates for this?
    Updates come from BB Merah Putih (using a special app), with coordination and cooperation from BlackBerry. Naturally, so.
    06-15-17 08:45 AM
    Updates come from BB Merah Putih (using a special app), with coordination and cooperation from BlackBerry. Naturally, so.
    What build is it on right now?
    06-15-17 08:46 AM
    What build is it on right now?
    The FOCA app for system update is on Version 3.0.
    Build Number in the Phone Status (about) is AAK127.
    Android version 7.0
    06-15-17 08:48 AM
    The FOCA app for system update is on Version 3.0.
    Build Number in the Phone Status (about) is AAK127.
    Android version 7.0
    Security patch level?
    06-15-17 08:49 AM
    Security patch level?
    February 1, 2017
    06-15-17 08:50 AM
    February 1, 2017
    So much for monthly patches, then.
    06-15-17 08:52 AM
    Hello Rico,

I live and purchased it in Indonesia, my country. It's not too popular at first, due to the price being considered too expensive, a couple of months ago, but now it has finally reached the perfect price point of Rp2,300,000 or US$173 (from Rp3,500,000 or US$263.8). I believe it will slowly pick up. Many folks here still love BlackBerry and BBM is still somewhat the norms, alongside whatsapp.

The camera, I can say for sure, is better than any BB10 camera. It is able to focus and takes shot instantly. The result is quite sharp, even in low light situation. Not awesomely gorgeous, mind you, but it's clean and decently sharp. Color? Just right, I think. It has a smorgasbord of customization and modes, but I haven't yet the time to tinker with it.

The performance when I played some Grimm (TV Series ) films from a USB via OTG feature is smooth, as oppose to when I tried the same thing with the Z30, or even the Passport. The color is nice to look at, not too dark, not overly bright. The dialog sound syncs perfectly with subtitle. It of course is able to run them even better from its local 32GB ROM.

Sounds for music? Not too good. It's rather high on treble, lacking in bass. Decent lah.

I can't say anything yet about the battery, as I have just bought it mere hours ago.

Hello Bhoqeen

Thanks for detailed summary.

Please update as you find out more. Have you heard of any other devices coming soon?

Posted via CB10
    06-15-17 08:52 AM
    Hello Bhoqeen

Thanks for detailed summary.

Please update as you find out more. Have you heard of any other devices coming soon?

The LEYon

Posted via CB10
    All BlackBerry phones are available here, including KEYone. But the K1 is still way too expensive. I'm gonna get that, too, one of these days, but not now. I'll wait it out till the price goes down, just like Aurora.
    BB-JAM215 likes this.
    06-15-17 08:57 AM
    Thanks for sharing. Even though the bands are incompatible in Canada, I'm still interested in getting an Aurora for my collection. I've seen a couple pop up on eBay but not at a price point that I can justify for what will essentially be a wifi-only device for me (around $260 USD).

The one thing that BB Merah Putih got right with this phone is stamping that glorious BlackBerry logo and wordmark on the front! Too bad BBMo couldn't wedge that somewhere on the front of the KEYone, although now that I look at it, there doesn't seem to be much room to put one on there.
    06-15-17 08:59 AM
    Thanks for sharing. Even though the bands are incompatible in Canada, I'm still interested in getting an Aurora for my collection. I've seen a couple pop up on eBay but not at a price point that I can justify for what will essentially be a wifi-only device for me (around $260 USD).

The one thing that BB Merah Putih got right with this phone is stamping that glorious BlackBerry logo and wordmark on the front! Too bad BBMo couldn't wedge that somewhere on the front of the KEYone, although now that I look at it, there doesn't seem to be much room to put one on there.
    That, and the dual sim cards capability, my friend.
    06-15-17 09:08 AM
    Thank you for the report. I hope you get some time to take some photos with the Aurora. there is no sticky for them but maybe CB will create one. I am sure there will be more people getting these and coming to CB eventually.
    Last edited by Sigewif; 06-25-17 at 12:37 PM.
    06-15-17 07:04 PM
    The update is provided by BlackBerry Merah Putih !? Why !? They closely follow BlackBerry official monthly patch ? , we are dependent of BlackBerry MP for the monthly update ?!

Posted via CB10
    06-17-17 04:49 AM
    Hello Rico,

The performance when I played some Grimm (TV Series ) films from a USB via OTG feature is smooth, as oppose to when I tried the same thing with the Z30, or even the Passport. The color is nice to look at, not too dark, not overly bright. The dialog sound syncs perfectly with subtitle. It of course is able to run them even better from its local 32GB ROM.

How good/bad is the screen. and what's the battery life like?/
    06-19-17 05:42 PM
    How good/bad is the screen. and what's the battery life like?/
    The screen is good. The 267 ppi IPS LCD display is clear and sharp enough it doesn't make one dizzy after a long period of use. The color is good and balanced. Not too dark nor too bright. It's really nice for youtubing and/or netflixing for hours. Easy on the battery, too. I could actually enjoy YouTube for hours without worrying the battery be drained too much and too fast.

The battery, on medium use, is able to last at the very least 15 hours without charging. It could last a lot longer on normal use and standby mode. I love it!

Posted via CB10
    06-19-17 06:03 PM
    The screen is good. The 267 ppi IPS LCD display is clear and sharp enough it doesn't make one dizzy after a long period of use. The color is good and balanced. Not too dark nor too bright. It's really nice for youtubing and/or netflixing for hours. Easy on the battery, too. I could actually enjoy YouTube for hours without worrying the battery be drained too much and too fast.

The battery, on medium use, is able to last at the very least 15 hours without charging. It could last a lot longer on normal use and standby mode. I love it!

Posted via CB10
    Wow. Was Not expecting that. I'm seriously thinking about getting one. My only concern is whether or not it will work in Jamaica.
    06-19-17 06:13 PM
    Wow. Was Not expecting that. I'm seriously thinking about getting one. My only concern is whether or not it will work in Jamaica.
    Well, ye might wanna check the its available bands on gsmarena and then see if those could work in your country.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-17 06:18 PM
    Could someone help me decipher this? According to specs the Aurora supports the following:

2G GSM 900
    2G GSM 1800
    3G UMTS 850
    3G UMTS 900
    3G UMTS 2100
    3G LTE 850
    4G LTE 900
    4G LTE 1800
    4G LTE 2600
    4G LTE 850

My country Jamaica supports: GSM 850,900/1800/1900 MHZ, UMTS 850/1900/2100

What does that even mean? LOL!
    Last edited by Lincoln Liking; 06-19-17 at 06:32 PM. Reason: Updated the bands
    06-19-17 06:27 PM
    Could someone help me decipher this? According to specs the Aurora supports the following:

2G GSM 900
    2G GSM 1800
    3G UMTS 850
    3G UMTS 900
    3G UMTS 2100
    3G LTE 850
    4G LTE 900
    4G LTE 1800
    4G LTE 2600
    4G LTE 850

My country Jamaica supports: GSM 850,900/1800/1900 MHZ, UMTS 850/1900/2100

What does that even mean? LOL!
    LTE is faster than 3G/UMTS is faster than 2G/GSM. Were you to import an Aurora to Jamaica you'd get 3G service, since what LTE bands the Aurora supports aren't the ones used in the Caribbean.
    Lincoln Liking likes this.
    06-19-17 09:53 PM
    LTE is faster than 3G/UMTS is faster than 2G/GSM. Were you to import an Aurora to Jamaica you'd get 3G service, since what LTE bands the Aurora supports aren't the ones used in the Caribbean.
    Thank you. For some reason i'm not opposed to this
    06-19-17 10:07 PM
    I don't know if it will matter, but I forgot to add that Aurora also has the ability to do WiFi calls, other than the obvious whatsapp, if the operator allows it. There's a specific setting about it on the phone.
    06-20-17 02:35 AM
    Maybe the Indonesia company should have had the international licence.

Posted via CB10
    raghavsardana likes this.
    06-22-17 01:22 AM
60 123