Aside from the logo, what makes the Aurora a BlackBerry? Hub? BlackBerry vkb? Anything? Otherwise, it's just another android clone.

There has to be something different about it...yes?

The Guide is definitive. Reality is frequently inaccurate.
    03-01-17 10:30 AM
    The software lol , BlackBerry android skin
    03-01-17 10:32 AM
    Otherwise, it's just another android clone.
    The same COULD be said about every Android BlackBerry by that logic. It has everything the other Android BlackBerry devices does, so it's no less of a BlackBerry than the others. It just so happens its built for the Indonesian market.
    skinnymike1 and Blacklatino like this.
    03-01-17 10:38 AM
    Waaaah wahhhh it doesn't have BB10. Cry me a river.

Maybe ask yourself instead why Merah Putih didn't license BB10 when they could have. Hmmm...
    03-01-17 12:07 PM
    Aside from the logo, what makes the Aurora a BlackBerry? Hub? BlackBerry vkb? Anything? Otherwise, it's just another android clone.

Monthly security updates! Is what makes it a blackberry the most secure phone
    03-01-17 06:49 PM
    Who said anything about bb10?? Android has hub too, you realize.

My question is simple, don't read more in it than that - what features make this a BlackBerry phone? There are many low end androids out there, what's the difference here? Are we just assuming it is like the dtek50 but with lower specs? Because I haven't seen anything about the software, only info about the hardware. So far, at least.

I guess we'll find out in a few days anyways.

skinnymike1 likes this.
    03-01-17 06:50 PM
    Who said anything about bb10?? Android has hub too, you realize.

My question is simple, don't read more in it than that - what features make this a BlackBerry phone? There are many low end androids out there, what's the difference here? Are we just assuming it is like the dtek50 but with lower specs? Because I haven't seen anything about the software, only info about the hardware. So far, at least.

I guess we'll find out in a few days anyways.

If it's anything like the other outsourced models it still has the same BlackBerry spin on Android (i.e. Hub suite preinstalled, BlackBerry VKB, security hardening, etc.). It's as much a BlackBerry as the DTEKx0 are, or the KEYone for that matter, since both of those have BlackBerry only handling the software on them.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    03-01-17 06:54 PM
    Thanks, that answers my question.

I doubt we'll see this phone in the western hemisphere. It would cannibalize possible sales of the dteks. But it would surely be nice to have.

03-01-17 07:01 PM
    I like the Aurora because i feel its low price will help sell, and because it looks fairly mediocre.
    03-01-17 08:06 PM
    How is this a BlackBerry?-img_20170302_090825.png. BB aurora Spec.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-17 08:09 PM

Its kind of like saying the PORSCHE design phones are not Porsche cars because they only share a logo, which is technically true and yet at the same time irrelevant. It doesn't matter what a company builds as long as they put their logo on it it is a product of theirs.
    03-01-17 08:10 PM
    Thanks, that answers my question.

I doubt we'll see this phone in the western hemisphere. It would cannibalize possible sales of the dteks. But it would surely be nice to have.

I want it! I have to find a way to get it to Europe somehow!

Posted via CB10
    03-02-17 01:33 AM
    What is an "Android Clone"? ...
    03-02-17 02:11 AM
    Im thinking become supplier for crackberry community to get BlackBerry aurora rotfl
    anon(2313227) likes this.
    03-02-17 02:14 AM

Aurora is just another sibling of DTEK 50 & 60, so how is this in any way not a BlackBerry? We already have two slate formed BlackBerry running on Android, and this is just another addition to the line-up. If this is something to disagree on, isn't it a bit too late? Since this is the third slate Android BlackBerry (and the fifth Android BlackBerry in total.)
    03-02-17 02:40 AM
    Spotted running Nougat lolHow is this a BlackBerry?-1488470743226.jpg
    anon(9710735) likes this.
    03-02-17 10:05 AM
    This looks like a decent device, which will apparently be priced well.

I actually expect this to sell more units than the KO.
    03-02-17 10:11 AM
    I'd actually want to buy one of these if it ever came to USA. My phone needs are simple. K1 is probably more phone than I really need. So, dtek50 or aurora.

03-02-17 07:14 PM
    I agree, this is a great entry-level DroidBerry, even better than DTEK 50 (which is currently slightly overpriced, because its price wasn't marked down that much). Unfortunately TCL thinks Americans and Europeans are all rich, so an entry-level BB for us will probably never seen the light of the day hahahaha. Ah, it features 4 GB of RAM, as much as the DTEK 60, more than the KEYone (god, TCL, not even 4 GB!). Anyway, this device shows that it's perfectly possible to make a decent device at a decent price: aside from the screen resolution (which is pretty low), everything else seems to be good enough (for those who don't need a performant CPU).
    I don't know how the Indonesian market will react, but if I were to choose between this and the DTEK 50 or any other mid-low range phone, I'd take the Aurora for sure.
    03-03-17 04:43 AM
    I agree, this is a great entry-level DroidBerry, even better than DTEK 50 (which is currently slightly overpriced, because its price wasn't marked down that much). Unfortunately TCL thinks Americans and Europeans are all rich, so an entry-level BB for us will probably never seen the light of the day hahahaha. Ah, it features 4 GB of RAM, as much as the DTEK 60, more than the KEYone (god, TCL, not even 4 GB!). Anyway, this device shows that it's perfectly possible to make a decent device at a decent price: aside from the screen resolution (which is pretty low), everything else seems to be good enough (for those who don't need a performant CPU).
    I don't know how the Indonesian market will react, but if I were to choose between this and the DTEK 50 or any other mid-low range phone, I'd take the Aurora for sure.
    And it even have a Dual SIM on!

Posted via CB10
    anon(9710735) and skinnymike1 like this.
    03-03-17 04:48 AM
    Waaaah wahhhh it doesn't have BB10. Cry me a river.

Maybe ask yourself instead why Merah Putih didn't license BB10 when they could have. Hmmm...
    Because it's CRAZY expensive to produce and maintain. Not very wise for first time licensing. Not to mention the negligible user base--at least statistically.

Don't get me wrong, ya I LOVE BB10. I use Passport SE as my daily driver, and have the Z30, Q10, and Z10 on the side.

But fact is fact. I'm bitter as it is. But it is what it is.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    03-03-17 08:11 AM
    Because it's CRAZY expensive to produce and maintain. Not very wise for first time licensing. Not to mention the negligible user base--at least statistically.

Don't get me wrong, ya I LOVE BB10. I use Passport SE as my daily driver, and have the Z30, Q10, and Z10 on the side.

But fact is fact. I'm bitter as it is. But it is what it is.
    He was being sarcastic bro hehe
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    03-03-17 08:25 AM
    He was being sarcastic bro hehe
    Aah... I see. Heheh. My bad. Lol
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    03-03-17 08:31 AM

BB VKB cause I cant get that on my V10
    03-03-17 10:34 AM
    Does it have the hardened security features like the DTEK ?

Posted via CB10
    03-09-17 09:41 AM
42 12