• 00Days
  • 00Hours
  • 00Mins
  • 00Secs
Check out the best deals!
    I'm thinking about getting the KEYone from BB Merah Putih (BBMP) but I have heard they do a poor job at updates. Can anyone on the Aurora/BBMP KEYone confirm this or comment on how well the updates are going? The only reason why I would consider buying it from BBMP is for warranty but its not worth it if they don't have good support for updates. Alternatively I'll buy one from Singapore as it is a direct TCL product and not that far away.
    12-31-17 12:59 PM
    The Aurora is not getting updates because PT BB Merah Putih has decided they are better off selling at the lowest price point possible rather than increasing the selling price and having to pay BlackBerry for updates.

The KEYᵒⁿᵉ already has updates in the wild, and would likely be factory-unlocked.
    12-31-17 01:46 PM
    I'm guessing BBB100-1 unless it's the dual sim variety... so you think the updates will mirror TCL for the KEYᵒⁿᵉ
    12-31-17 06:13 PM
    no update under this non-blackberry phone .. , don't buy it, can have a better phone here in indonesia for the same price.
    01-04-18 02:22 AM
    no update under this non-blackberry phone .. , don't buy it, can have a better phone here in indonesia for the same price.
    I have no interest in the Aurora but I am interested in the KEYone but not a KEYone that has no updates. So that's the question is the KEYone going to get the same treatment as the Aurora? Does it matter? Can you apply TCL updates to it?

Posted via CB10
    01-04-18 07:39 AM
    Keyone supposed to receive the update From BlackBerry TCL not from ****ty BlackBerryMera Putih ...
    01-05-18 09:29 PM
    Keyone supposed to receive the update From BlackBerry TCL not from ****ty BlackBerryMera Putih ...
    Can anyone with a BB Merah Putih KEYᵒⁿᵉ confirm this? Even though their website (which is a copy and paste from TCL) confirms "Best-in-class monthly Android security updates" I just don't trust them.

Posted via CB10
    01-06-18 12:05 PM
    Can anyone with a BB Merah Putih KEYᵒⁿᵉ confirm this? Even though their website (which is a copy and paste from TCL) confirms "Best-in-class monthly Android security updates" I just don't trust them.

Posted via CB10
    See this post at the top of the thread!!

The Aurora is not getting updates because PT BB Merah Putih has decided they are better off selling at the lowest price point possible rather than increasing the selling price and having to pay BlackBerry for updates
    So, If PT Meiah Putah wont pay BB for the updates, there will be no updates from TCL either, because BB supply the appropriate updates to TCL to distribute!! No pay, no update!!
    Basically, the Aurora is an orphan the day it was released, and once again, 'Blackberry' name used to 'scam' buyers by firms quick to try to 'cash in' on a 'name'
    01-07-18 01:32 PM
    See this post at the top of the thread!!

So, If PT Meiah Putah wont pay BB for the updates, there will be no updates from TCL either, because BB supply the appropriate updates to TCL to distribute!! No pay, no update!
    I don't agree. Since the work is already done and paid for, I would suspect that regular updates would be part of the sub agreement between TCL and PT BB Merah Putih.

The Aurora is an entry-level, 400 series SoC, device.
    Last edited by conite; 01-07-18 at 03:44 PM.
    01-07-18 02:29 PM
    I don't agree. Since the work is already done and paid for, I would suspect that regular updates would be part of the sub agreement between TCL and PT BB Merah Putih.

The Aurora is an entry-level, 400 series SoC, device.
    And yet you yourself states in the 2nd post down in this thread..

"The Aurora is not getting updates because PT BB Merah Putih has decided they are better off selling at the lowest price point possible rather than increasing the selling price and having to pay BlackBerry for updates."

Yet in the reply above you state something totally different!!

Maybe you should make up your mind what you REALLY mean?? Or is this just more 'spin'???
    01-08-18 04:46 AM
    And yet you yourself states in the 2nd post down in this thread..

"The Aurora is not getting updates because PT BB Merah Putih has decided they are better off selling at the lowest price point possible rather than increasing the selling price and having to pay BlackBerry for updates."

Yet in the reply above you state something totally different!!

Maybe you should make up your mind what you REALLY mean?? Or is this just more 'spin'???
    One is regarding the entry-level Aurora, the other is regarding the KEYᵒⁿᵉ. The latter being a sub-agreement with TCL, and a device that already gets monthly updates.
    01-08-18 07:08 AM
    I have no interest in the Aurora but I am interested in the KEYone but not a KEYone that has no updates. So that's the question is the KEYone going to get the same treatment as the Aurora? Does it matter? Can you apply TCL updates to it?

Posted via CB10
    While the firmwares for most, if not all keyones, are the same, do note that firmware that doesn't belong to its PRD build will not get certified. You will loose android pay functionality, google play store will not update, and also OTA capability.
    01-08-18 07:29 PM
    While the firmwares for most, if not all keyones, are the same, do note that firmware that doesn't belong to its PRD build will not get certified. You will loose android pay functionality, google play store will not update, and also OTA capability.
    Perhaps I should rephrase, I'm not looking to buy a KEYᵒⁿᵉ with BB Merah Putih if it doesn't come with updates mirroring TCL out of the box. Can anyone confirm if this is happening?

Posted via CB10
    01-08-18 07:34 PM