I know. But the Aurora is the only device with BlackBerry logo on the front. That's important.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...30d47961c4.jpg
    Looks sexy enough!

Posted via CB10
    07-12-17 12:39 PM
    Just found an Aurora on ebay, it will be shipped to Italy via Dubai. Looking forward to receiving it and to test how it works on European frequencies. Should it go well, I will endeavour to report about its properties

From my awesome Z30
    07-16-17 12:22 PM
    If my memory serves me right, blaze had said somewhere that he will post a detailed review of Aurora soon. Or am I wrong?

Posted via CB10
    Lincoln Liking likes this.
    07-16-17 12:26 PM
    If my memory serves me right, blaze had said somewhere that he will post a detailed review of Aurora soon. Or am I wrong?

Posted via CB10
    He said they had gotten one and suggested that there would be more Aurora content coming soon.
    07-16-17 04:17 PM
    My new Aurora just arrived today. I had to pay an extra 72.33 € (probably a sort of duty tax), so it cost me about 310 €. The first impression is of a mid-range phone very similar to DTEKs, but bigger. The case was labeled with indonesian directions, but there were fortunately some indications in English. When I set my two SIM cards, the language automatically set up in Italian. I managed to configure mail and apps. The most important thing is that LTE frequencies seem to cover phone, and I was able to make calls, send emails and SMS. More news to come in following days!
    Invictus0 and Lincoln Liking like this.
    07-20-17 08:46 AM
    My new Aurora just arrived today. I had to pay an extra 72.33 € (probably a sort of duty tax), so it cost me about 310 €. The first impression is of a mid-range phone very similar to DTEKs, but bigger. The case was labeled with indonesian directions, but there were fortunately some indications in English. When I set my two SIM cards, the language automatically set up in Italian. I managed to configure mail and apps. The most important thing is that LTE frequencies seem to cover phone, and I was able to make calls, send emails and SMS. More news to come in following days!
    Great stuff. How does the screen compare with the Dtek line of phones? you mentioned the size. How much bigger is it?
    07-20-17 01:09 PM
    Great stuff. How does the screen compare with the Dtek line of phones? you mentioned the size. How much bigger is it?
    The Aurora screen is 5.5", compared to DTEK 50 5.1" is quite larger
    07-20-17 01:26 PM
    The Aurora screen is 5.5", compared to DTEK 50 5.1" is quite larger
    Is the quality of the screens comparable?
    07-20-17 01:43 PM
    it seems brighter, but I need some days to make a better comparison
    07-20-17 02:09 PM
    it seems brighter, but I need some days to make a better comparison
    Thanks. I'd love to hear your thoughts.
    07-20-17 02:10 PM
    Thanks. I'd love to hear your thoughts.
    Blackberry Aurora: first impressions in Europe

It had been quite a long passage, but at last I managed to get the Aurora smartphone. It was available on ebay, from a Dubai on line Shop. The shipment was quick and effettive, I ordered the phone on July, 17th and it arrived safely on July 20th. Despite an extra 72.33 € charge, probably due to the ominous tax rules in my country, the price remained in the mid range level (250 + 72.33=322.33 € in Italy). The smartphone framework is simple and elegant, it's easy to handle. Android Nougat 7.1.1 works smooth and flawlessly, all the apps and the smartphone features are almost identical to DTEKs with small differences. Aurora Vkb seem to run smoother than DTEKs, the larger size allows fast and securer typing. The screen looks just a little less brighter, but its larger size renders easier to go from one app to another. The sound is acceptable, you can listen to music with a slight lesser definition of bass than BlackBerry 10 smartphones (whose sound definition was one of tre best ever produced). Call quality is unespectedly good, when speaking to a friend, I was adviced to lower the tune of voice, as it sounded so loudly to be overheard. Until now, there are no shortcomings from missing of 800 mhz band, as the carriers I have support 1800 and 2100 mhz bands, that in Italy are present. The 3000 mA battery allows a higher autonomy than DTEKs, nearly approaching Z30s. In any case, to use Aurora you have to get used to Android features. It is useful to reduce the apps to the lowest possible number, preferring to bookmark websites, so ad to prolong the duration of the battery. As for the camera, it seems almost identical to DTEKs, in the coming days I will try to evidence possible differences and useful features. The dual sim function may be really useful to have different operators in the same device. The Aurora may fill a gap, supporting those needing a mid range phone with the possibility to run two carriers. It lacks some accessories that you may find non only in top phones, but in mid range also, such as the fingerprint sensor. Anyway, it may be really useful, as it combines a quite larger size with the blackberry functions (calendar, productivity, etc.). To have it in western countries, with an array of bands more fitted to Europe availability, would help a lot
    07-21-17 05:07 PM
    Blackberry Aurora: first impressions in Europe

It had been quite a long passage, but at last I managed to get the Aurora smartphone. It was available on ebay, from a Dubai on line Shop. The shipment was quick and effettive, I ordered the phone on July, 17th and it arrived safely on July 20th. Despite an extra 72.33 € charge, probably due to the ominous tax rules in my country, the price remained in the mid range level (250 + 72.33=322.33 € in Italy). The smartphone framework is simple and elegant, it's easy to handle. Android Nougat 7.1.1 works smooth and flawlessly, all the apps and the smartphone features are almost identical to DTEKs with small differences. Aurora Vkb seem to run smoother than DTEKs, the larger size allows fast and securer typing. The screen looks just a little less brighter, but its larger size renders easier to go from one app to another. The sound is acceptable, you can listen to music with a slight lesser definition of bass than BlackBerry 10 smartphones (whose sound definition was one of tre best ever produced). Call quality is unespectedly good, when speaking to a friend, I was adviced to lower the tune of voice, as it sounded so loudly to be overheard. Until now, there are no shortcomings from missing of 800 mhz band, as the carriers I have support 1800 and 2100 mhz bands, that in Italy are present. The 3000 mA battery allows a higher autonomy than DTEKs, nearly approaching Z30s. In any case, to use Aurora you have to get used to Android features. It is useful to reduce the apps to the lowest possible number, preferring to bookmark websites, so ad to prolong the duration of the battery. As for the camera, it seems almost identical to DTEKs, in the coming days I will try to evidence possible differences and useful features. The dual sim function may be really useful to have different operators in the same device. The Aurora may fill a gap, supporting those needing a mid range phone with the possibility to run two carriers. It lacks some accessories that you may find non only in top phones, but in mid range also, such as the fingerprint sensor. Anyway, it may be really useful, as it combines a quite larger size with the blackberry functions (calendar, productivity, etc.). To have it in western countries, with an array of bands more fitted to Europe availability, would help a lot
    Great stuff. Thanks
    07-21-17 05:48 PM
    One more question, to anyone who might answer, how can I set the two WhatsApp accounts I have on both my two SIM cards? until now, I am using just one of them. Do I have to switch on the second SIM and download it again, or is there another way?
    07-23-17 03:55 PM
    One more question, to anyone who might answer, how can I set the two WhatsApp accounts I have on both my two SIM cards? until now, I am using just one of them. Do I have to switch on the second SIM and download it again, or is there another way?
    BlackBerry Aurora doesn't support dual messengers (like samsung) or dual apps (like Xiaomi) or dual Facebook product (like Huawei). If you want to use dual whatsapp, you need to download app that has this ability such as GBWhatsapp, OGWhatsapp, or even parallel space or kinda.

If you already installed one of those app, you can use dual whatsapp. Dual Sim features is useful for using dual or triple messengers. I use my Samsung J7 Pro for my triple whatsapp accounts and BlackBerry Aurora for my private whatsapp account.
    09-23-17 05:32 PM
    I doubt you would want to, the Aurora has a very limited band range and is tailored for bands operating within the Indonesian market and nothing else.
    09-24-17 01:38 AM
    I had never even heard of Aurora before today. I learn a lot from this forum, despite not understanding a lot of the technical details. I'll keep reading and learning.
    07-10-18 09:27 AM
    I am still happy with my Aurora as my main phone and hotspotter. I wanted to be able to lock my phone into 3G, to save on expensive ATT data plan, and using 2ndary sim slot makes this possible. Still can text from Keyone using Pulse without extra sim in second phone.

I only paid around $250 for my Aurora and recently bought a second one to have as a backup, because this just works for me, and yes I'm in the USA, 3G works for me.

It depends on what you really want for what you want to spend. I can stream audio or video just fine, and I don't know if the LTE simslot works having never tried it with an LTE simcard.

I don't know about the update issue, I believe it wouldn't affect me if there are no updates, at least for a few years.
    07-28-18 10:30 AM
67 123