Bug fixes can be a lot more important to many than a security patch. But whatever floats your boat.
    I did not encounter any bugs in the last built. But I noticed an outdated security patch. That's bad enough, and your company won't even fix it.
    10-06-17 06:13 PM
    I did not encounter any bugs in the last built. But I noticed an outdated security patch. That's bad enough, and your company won't even fix it.
    No bugs? Wow. That's quite a testament to the superb BlackBerry developers. High praise indeed.
    10-06-17 06:25 PM
    No bugs? Wow. That's quite a testament to the superb BlackBerry developers. High praise indeed.
    And I wish they do an even better job and keeping up to date with security and informing us about the upcoming Oreo update. Of course that will never happen with BlackBerry.
    10-06-17 06:26 PM
    And I wish they do an even better job and keeping up to date with security and informing us about the upcoming Oreo update. Of course that will never happen with BlackBerry.
    For the thousandth time, it's not BlackBerry's call.
    10-06-17 06:29 PM
    For the thousandth time, it's not BlackBerry's call.
    For the millionth time, it is Blackberry responsibility because their brand is on this phone.
    10-06-17 06:30 PM
    For the millionth time, it is Blackberry responsibility because their brand is on this phone.
    PT BB Merah Putih PAYS them to use the logo. That's all.
    10-06-17 07:01 PM
    PT BB Merah Putih PAYS them to use the logo. That's all.
    Who the hell pays Blackberry for brands? That's the dumbest thing in the world and now Blackberry is responsible for the Aurora
    10-06-17 07:12 PM
    Who the hell pays Blackberry for brands? That's the dumbest thing in the world and now Blackberry is responsible for the Aurora
    It's called licencing. It's a pretty common thing. Look it up.
    10-06-17 07:24 PM
    It's called licencing. It's a pretty common thing. Look it up.
    Well like I said before, I only see BlackBerry not the other name and therefore I hold them responsible.
    10-06-17 07:26 PM
    Well like I said before, I only see BlackBerry not the other name and therefore I hold them responsible.
    Well, then you have made a mistake.

Definition:

"Licensing is the term used for a transfer of rights from a trademark or patent owner (licensor) to a second entity (licensee) to produce goods or services bearing that trademark".

Note "transfer of rights".

Also:

"Trademark licensing also plays a large and growing role in business under the category of brand licensing."
    10-06-17 07:28 PM

Definition:

"Licensing is the term used for a transfer of rights from a trademark or patent owner (licensor) to a second entity (licensee) to produce goods or services bearing that trademark".

Also:

"Trademark licensing also plays a large and growing role in business under the category of brand licensing."
    Go ahead keep on avoiding responsibility because that's what you're good at
    10-06-17 07:32 PM
    Go ahead keep on avoiding responsibility because that's what you're good at
    First, conite isn't responsible for anything. He's not an employee of CB, of BB, or anyone else relevant to this discussion.

Second, conite is telling you who IS responsible: PT BB Merah Putih, the company that manufactures the device and who has the direct relationship to the end-user.

Let me give you a comparison. A few years ago, the Japanese company Sharp stopped manufacturing TVs, because they were losing money doing so. But the licensed their brand name to the Chinese company Hisense, who also sells TVs under their own brand. Anyone who has purchased a "Sharp"-branded TV in the last 3 years bought that TV from Hisense, and Hisense is 100% responsible for all support of that TV. If you contact Sharp Corporation in Japan, they'll simply refer you to Hisense, because Sharp Corporation's only connection with the TV is their brand license with Hisense.

The situation is very similar with BB and their licensees. BB licenses the brand, and provides the customized OS and whatever updates the licensee contracts BB for, and everything else is the responsibility of the licensee. BB is no longer involved, and has no direct relationship with end-users as far as the phone itself is concerned.

You don't have to like any of this, but it isn't going to change the fact that this is how it is, and it isn't likely to change.
    10-06-17 07:43 PM
    This is the true definition of blackberry corruption. Thank God you don't work for Blackberry, it would be even worse than it is already.
    10-06-17 07:47 PM
    https://inet.detik.com/consumer/d-36...a-android-oreo

17. BlackBerry
    Blackberry KEYone
    Blackberry Aurora
    Blackberry DTEK50
    Blackberry DTEK60
    10-14-17 11:20 AM
    https://inet.detik.com/consumer/d-36...a-android-oreo

17. BlackBerry
    Blackberry KEYone
    Blackberry Aurora
    Blackberry DTEK50
    Blackberry DTEK60
    Well, it's wrong.

Only KEYᵒⁿᵉ is guaranteed Oreo.

The DTEKs won't even see Nougat.

No word on Aurora, but as a discount device, I would say it's unlikely to see it.
    10-14-17 01:06 PM

Definition:

Also:

Technically, given that BlackBerry is still responsible for all the software, their structure isn't exactly as black and white as this definition.
    10-15-17 09:56 AM
    Technically, given that BlackBerry is still responsible for all the software, their structure isn't exactly as black and white as this definition.
    I would definitely concede that BlackBerry is not just any vendor to its licencees, but a mission-critical vendor.
    10-15-17 10:13 AM
42 12