I just updated from V3.9 to V3.9 on Mobihand, but still no Universal Search Implementation.

Could you provide us a recent build please =). (you could send one trough PM, will handle with care.)
    There's no universal search on your version? it's on mine. anyone else want to report if their QL has universal search? if not i'll just update again
    09-06-11 11:19 PM
    There's no universal search on your version? it's on mine. anyone else want to report if their QL has universal search? if not i'll just update again
    I can assign a Shortcut to Universal Search like handling it as an app, but a while back I've E-Mailed you about the Option of typing a Shortcut within Universal Search, than clicking on QuickLaunch and it executes the command that is assigned to that Shortcut, so I thought you'd implemented this feature.

Guess I was wrong .

PS. What is the last Version number? I'm on 3.9
    09-07-11 02:36 AM
    I updated friday and got the latest version(3.9 by my records) I use this 9810(ATT/software was preloaded) and depend on it dearly. No issues upon load and have used it several times. Today i noticed that my device needed a reboot while driving, so i tried to select that, was prompted to accept permissions, did so and the reboot started. . . .and has never finished. I am stuck in a reboot loop, I have been unable to access safe mode on my BB and am lost without it!! I have no access, have done batt pulls, safe mode boots, ALT+SHIFT+DELETES all to no avail, still stuck in reboot mode??

Any ideas, please help!!!!
    09-07-11 01:59 PM
    Update: After 5 hrs ATT and BB Tech support gave up on it! Got a brand new device, thx to 30 day DOA Policy, I never had an issue until the reboot app was enabled. Be careful . . .9810 users!
    09-07-11 07:31 PM
    Hi where can I download it manually? It is not showing as an upgrade in AppWorld. I purchased mine via AppWorld. Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-08-11 06:10 PM
    there is no issue with the QL reboot function.
    09-09-11 02:18 PM
    opps, just read this msg , i just swap to 9860 , QL is the SW i must to replace the ScreenCapture i had b4 coz it not work for my OS7 device anymore .
    09-11-11 10:02 PM
    i upgraded to 3.9 and don't see the QL Mute option anymore?
    how can i take pictures of compromising situations with a loud shutter noise?! but yeah please bring it back
    09-15-11 03:05 AM
    Can someone please help me figure out the parameters for setting the gps toggle? I thought it would be 5,6,2; 5 is the Device option, 6 is the Location Settings in the Device menu, then 2 is the button in Location Settings. When I try to execute the action, it highlights Device properly, but then just highlights the next choice (Call Management) then goes to my home screen and highlights a random app icon.

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    09-24-11 11:26 PM
    Can someone please help me figure out the parameters for setting the gps toggle? I thought it would be 5,6,2; 5 is the Device option, 6 is the Location Settings in the Device menu, then 2 is the button in Location Settings. When I try to execute the action, it highlights Device properly, but then just highlights the next choice (Call Management) then goes to my home screen and highlights a random app icon.

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    5,6,2 works for me.
    09-25-11 10:27 AM
    5,6,2 works for me.
    Thanks for checking. Mine doesn't work with those parameters. It seems like after it highlights 5 Device, its not actually selecting the option. Anyone have thoughts as to why?

09-25-11 10:42 AM
    you probably have the wrong version for your device
    anon(19759) likes this.
    09-25-11 01:28 PM
    you probably have the wrong version for your device
    Yep, that was it. Been a while since I've been on BB, I thought crackberry app store would automatically display the right version for the device in my profile. Works great now. Thanks.
    09-25-11 01:58 PM
    I am hoping someone can help we out. I have been searching through posts all afternoon and am confused. I just loaded version 3.9 on my 9930 today and have been having issues with it wanting to reset often. I think the problem stems from me not being able to change the permission on "security timer reset" but I wanted to make sure. I guess my basic question is - if I cannot change that permission, what can I do/not do with QuickLaunch?

Thanks in advance.
    09-27-11 04:21 PM
    I am hoping someone can help we out. I have been searching through posts all afternoon and am confused. I just loaded version 3.9 on my 9930 today and have been having issues with it wanting to reset often. I think the problem stems from me not being able to change the permission on "security timer reset" but I wanted to make sure. I guess my basic question is - if I cannot change that permission, what can I do/not do with QuickLaunch?

Thanks in advance.
    If you can't edit permissions for it in 'Application Management' in the phone's options, i'd suggest removing/reinstalling the app and attempt to set permissions again.
    09-27-11 05:02 PM
    Unfortunately, it cannot be changed due to corporate security greying it out.
    09-28-11 09:49 AM
    how do I launch quick launch with a touch screen device? do i have to click on the app every time i want to launch it?
    09-28-11 03:33 PM
    how do I launch quick launch with a touch screen device? do i have to click on the app every time i want to launch it?
    You can set the convenience key to launch it.

09-28-11 04:05 PM
    1) Convenience Key
    2) System Menu
    3) Theme hotspot
    09-28-11 05:53 PM
    Unfortunately, it cannot be changed due to corporate security greying it out.
    ask your IT admin to allow this permission. most likely they will
    09-28-11 05:53 PM
    CheetahAce -

Thanks for the reply. I can try, but I work for a Big 4 accounting firm that is pretty strict regarding security. Given that, what functionality would I not have?

Thanks again,
    Chuck
    09-29-11 10:20 AM
    no scheduled reboots
    09-30-11 03:28 AM
    Great...I can handle that.

Thanks!
    09-30-11 10:15 AM
    I can't even get into the QL options to do what the FAQ suggests. My BB freezes once I click on the options and I have to reboot the entire phone to unfreeze it.

please help.
    I'm having the same problem. Quicklaunch V3.9 worked fine on a Verizon Wireless 9930 with OS V7.0.0.254. After updating to V7.0.0.353 to correct other glitches, my device freezes when I click on QL Options. If I hit the power key, I get back to the home screen, but then it hangs again every time I hit the QL icon (not just QL options). Need to reboot to clear it. I followed the directions in the FAQ (twice), but that didn't correct it. All permissions are set to allow, except for security timer, which can't be changed due to corporate IT policy.

QL works if i don't go into the QL options, but I need to change them!

Thanks.
    10-03-11 09:56 AM
    I'm having the same problem. Quicklaunch V3.9 worked fine on a Verizon Wireless 9930 with OS V7.0.0.254. After updating to V7.0.0.353 to correct other glitches, my device freezes when I click on QL Options. If I hit the power key, I get back to the home screen, but then it hangs again every time I hit the QL icon (not just QL options). Need to reboot to clear it. I followed the directions in the FAQ (twice), but that didn't correct it. All permissions are set to allow, except for security timer, which can't be changed due to corporate IT policy.

QL works if i don't go into the QL options, but I need to change them!

Thanks.
    +1 THIS!

I purchased QuickLaunch 3.9 on 10/6 from Mobihand for use on my brand new Blackberry Torch 9850 from Verizon.

The app installed fine, but I am unable to activate it properly. Whenever I attempt to select the "QL Options" menu, the app stops functioning at all. No options menu pops up and clicking on the app no longer brings up ANY menu for me to interact with the application further. In addtion, this behavior prevents me from selecting ANY incon at all on my screen either. Nothing responds. If I then hit the phone/power button on the bottom right of the device, then this seems to "reset" the screen to allow me to againg select icons. However, QL stays "dead" and will not do anything until I am forced to do a battery pull/rebbot in order to get it to resume normal operation.

I used this app on my previous phone, a Storm 2, and it worked fine. I went and bought the application *again* this time for my new Torch, but cannot seem to get it to work properly.

Help?

BTW - I tried unsing the "Contact Us" form on the nikkisoft website, but the message never sends. It just hangs there, spinning.

JFF
    10-11-11 11:03 AM
309 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD