I am in the process of testing BeReader to replace Viigo/FreeRange and I noticed that the notifications doesn't always work. Further testing has revealed the following:

- If the viewing feed that you exit the application with doesn't update and other feeds do update, the notification won't trigger. For example, there are two feed subscriptions - FeedA produces articles frequently during the day and FeedB produces articles once a day. If exiting the application while in the FeedA view, you will get notification when the next article is posted in that feed. However, if exiting the application while in FeedB view and FeedA gets new articles, notification doesn't work. I don't know if this is a bug or a planned feature but a solution is to exit the app in "All Items" view.

- No notification if the app is running in the background (even in "All Items" view). Again, I don't know if this is a bug or a feature.

Is this your experience as well? I am running Bold 9930 with OS 7.0 (OS will will eventually be updated to 7.1).
    03-27-12 03:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD