Like Windows desktops and laptops? Would be great to have the option of switching as not all of us care for 2K or 4K resolutions on our phones. Also, would provide significant battery savings to the user.

I am considering DTEK50 more and more. Don't think there's a better compromise out there to be honest. Seems like if you want a 1080p panel, you're going midrange with some compromised specs. If you want flagship, you accept luxury specs, which includes sharper panels, bigger batteries, etc. which I do understand, but I still don't want a 2K display but the bigger battery would be welcome.

With my laptop at home, I have a dell inspiron 15 7000 which I was lucky to have come across. It offers 4K as far as I know, but I got the high end specs and bigger battery but downgraded the display to 1080p panel. Why spend an extra 300 for worse battery life and nicer display that I don't need. Could I have changed the resolution in this case, yes, but at a significant cost of that panel.

Just don't think it's needed

Posted via CB10
    09-07-16 05:43 AM
    According to the Apple train (CNET, Verge, Vox), a 720p screen is every bit as good as a 4K screen. Do not worry your little head about it!
    09-16-16 11:49 AM
    One could do it with root (what can't one do with root), or there's these ADB commands, but I haven't tried them.
    09-16-16 04:55 PM
    According to the Apple train (CNET, Verge, Vox), a 720p screen is every bit as good as a 4K screen. Do not worry your little head about it!
    It depends on your usage. Ask anyone who has used a VR adapter (even something like Google Cardboard) with a 720p phone compared to a 1440p phone and they'll tell you the difference is huge. And, yes, that might be an edge case today, but you never know what might show up tomorrow that only works well on a high-res screen.

Plus, as graphics processors continue to improve (as they have continuously), it will matter less and less anyway.
    09-16-16 08:08 PM
    Samsung has this feature on the Note 7, I think.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-16-16 11:11 PM
    I was making fun of Apple and all the press that defend them for including a low res screen year after year. Have you seen a 4K screen on a phone? It does make a difference!
    09-17-16 11:57 PM
    Huawei phones let you change the resolution of the screen between 720p and 1080p...

Posted via CB10
    09-18-16 01:29 AM
    I was making fun of Apple and all the press that defend them for including a low res screen year after year. Have you seen a 4K screen on a phone? It does make a difference!
    Great resolution, about the same as my old Z10

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-19-16 08:25 PM
    Only 1 phone has 4k capability

2k screens on the other hand are nice and common

I'll stop being pedantic now
    09-22-16 03:27 AM
    I lowered the resolution on my Priv to 1080p using adb commands. Didn't help much with battery life, but did with the overheating.

It appears that option will show up on nougat, but it might be only for phones with newer processors that support the changes.

Posted via a Priv on an 6.0 Mushroom
    09-22-16 08:22 AM