I purchased my Keyone for Verizon (CDMA) last month in the US where I live. Three days ago, I flew to Spain to visit my sister. With my old phone, I never had a problem using my sister's internet. My laptop has no problem using my sister's internet.

With the Keyone, I cannot connect. When I type in the WiFi password (which I know is correct), the phone says, "Authenticating" then "Saved." At the bottom of the screen, it then says "Possible Incorrect Password."

The password IS correct. I can see it as I type, and I have typed it correctly, oh so many times. I have tried all the suggestions on the support page's list (Forgetting the password, restarting the phone, etc) with no success.

I can successfully connect to the nearby cybercafe, but I can't spend all my time there. I need my phone because I am working remotely while I am here.

I requested help from the Blackberry Tech Support website, and they responded asking for more info about my phone, but they have now left me hanging for 24 hours while I am using data instead of WiFi.

Has anyone else had this problem? Can you think of another way to fix it? Also, is Blackberry Tech Support typically this slow in responding? I love the phone but I am stunned by the lack of response.
    11-01-17 06:48 AM
    I purchased my Keyone for Verizon (CDMA) last month in the US where I live. Three days ago, I flew to Spain to visit my sister. With my old phone, I never had a problem using my sister's internet. My laptop has no problem using my sister's internet.

With the Keyone, I cannot connect. When I type in the WiFi password (which I know is correct), the phone says, "Authenticating" then "Saved." At the bottom of the screen, it then says "Possible Incorrect Password."

The password IS correct. I can see it as I type, and I have typed it correctly, oh so many times. I have tried all the suggestions on the support page's list (Forgetting the password, restarting the phone, etc) with no success.

I can successfully connect to the nearby cybercafe, but I can't spend all my time there. I need my phone because I am working remotely while I am here.

I requested help from the Blackberry Tech Support website, and they responded asking for more info about my phone, but they have now left me hanging for 24 hours while I am using data instead of WiFi.

Has anyone else had this problem? Can you think of another way to fix it? Also, is Blackberry Tech Support typically this slow in responding? I love the phone but I am stunned by the lack of response.
    I have read a report or two that if the SSID is HIDDEN, then there might be problems connecting. Is her SSID hidden? Do you actually see if when trying to connect or do you need the info on what it is?
    11-01-17 09:29 AM
    Thanks for your response.

The SSID is indeed hidden. What do you think I should do?
    11-01-17 09:33 AM
    Thanks for your response.

The SSID is indeed hidden. What do you think I should do?
    I think BB Mobile has been informed of the issue. But I don't know of any resolution.

Up to your sister. You could UNhide it as a test and see. I'm not sure how much security is offered by a hidden SSID??? Not my area of expertise (not many such areas these days!!). She could change it back after the brief test.

Just quickly did a good search on hidden SSID's

https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/2865...y-more-secure/

3 reasons why hiding your wireless SSID is a bad idea - fixedByVonnie
    11-01-17 04:25 PM
    I saw you mention this in your other thread so I experimented some for you.
    If the SSID is hidden, you can add the network from the wifi list with "Add Network", manually enter the SSID and password. You also need to choose WPA/WPA2, assuming that's what the network is using. If they're using WEP, which is considered useless, then choose that. If none, then choose that. If they don't know if it's WPA2, WEP or none, just experiment with each.
    So, you need to know how they have their wifi set up a little more than the SSID and password. You CAN connect to a hidden SSID network by entering the info manually. I did double check that for you, it's good on this phone for 2.4GHz and 5GHz, older devices might not utilize 5GHZ (just FYI).
    Hiding the SSID is NOT a bad idea, but some older devices might not accept working that way. Otherwise, it's considered basic security, even if not much in the way of security. It's just PART of a decent network.

So, if you've got all of that done and it still won't connect..double check the security protocol again (WPA2, WEP, none). If it still won't connect they may have another layer of security set up (as most should these days) with MAC filtering. All networked devices have their unique MAC address, that's the number that's listed in the menu under STATUS, then scroll down to WIFI MAC Address __:__:__:__ (fill in the letters/numbers). They would need to input your phone's MAC on their "allowed" list. If you have the right SSID/password but they have this access list on and your number isn't on it, you don't get in.

It might be possible for them to hit the WPS button on the router and then at the same time on your phone you go to the menu, then WIFI, then scroll down to WPS Push Button and hit that. The devices will find each other. You need the PIN from their router to put in. It's not the wifi password, it's a PIN that works with the WPS button.
    Hit WPS on the router
    Hit WPS on phone
    They connect, ask for PIN
    Put in the PIN
    That should add you to the MAC list if they have it enabled.

Hope that makes sense! If not post and I'll try to help further.
    FF22 likes this.
    11-03-17 07:44 PM