Why is the "Clear All" tap area not located at the bottom of the screen in the recent apps screen? Why if BlackBerry wants us to use the keyboard and keep our thumbs at the bottom of the screen do they make us reach to the top to clear all apps? Should this not be at the bottom or shouldn't there be a physical button that we could use to execute the task?

In the age of new and oversize phones why do we still find that all the apps make us reach for the top for a task that is so often required. Pretty sad if you ask me.

What other tricks have you found that should be more conveniently placed for us?
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    02-10-19 01:46 PM
    Well I still ask that for the send button on most apps. For emails in the hub and msgs in tapatalk all have send way up top.
    Hub attachment and send should be at bottom for quick action.

I have reachability cursor but don't really use it.

Blackberry KEY² Silver Edition
    Reg
    02-10-19 02:17 PM
    I cannot agree with you more! This is such an overlooked area of UI's that often times make me wonder what is the thought process behind these decisions?

Hamburger menus, overflow menus, send buttons, you name it...

It's flawed and there has to be a better way, especially with BlackBerry devices given the amount of keys we have to which actions can be assigned to and here is an example:

Convenience Key to open the overflow menu (3 dots on the upper right corner).

Convenience Key to clear all apps in the Recent window...

I can go on and on...
    Last edited by RK_BB; 02-10-19 at 04:26 PM.
    02-10-19 02:42 PM
    Why is the "Clear All" tap area not located at the bottom of the screen in the recent apps screen? Why if BlackBerry wants us to use the keyboard and keep our thumbs at the bottom of the screen do they make us reach to the top to clear all apps? Should this not be at the bottom or shouldn't there be a physical button that we could use to execute the task?

In the age of new and oversize phones why do we still find that all the apps make us reach for the top for a task that is so often required. Pretty sad if you ask me.

What other tricks have you found that should be more conveniently placed for us?
    Because people who are developing the software have never used Blackberries before or it's been a while but I'm positive they've never used BB10 daily to see the good things as well as bad things.

Header and footer in apps is obsolete concept especially with tall screens that are gaining popularity fast. Hand travel as well as two hand usage became a norm. Non of the app developers went with dynamic route to track your finger and offer all the options exactly where your finger's at. That's sad.

With BB Key series that has smallish screen header and footer are evil cause they eat up the space. They haven't even properly utilized the keyboard control through out their apps either.
    jmorgan456 likes this.
    02-10-19 02:45 PM
    This screen? I don't see clear all

Why reach to the top of the screen?-screenshot_20190210-114418.jpeg
    02-10-19 02:47 PM
    Because people who are developing the software have never used Blackberries before or it's been a while but I'm positive they've never used BB10 daily to see the good things as well as bad things.

Header and footer in apps is obsolete concept especially with tall screens that are gaining popularity fast. Hand travel as well as two hand usage became a norm. Non of the app developers went with dynamic route to track your finger and offer all the options exactly where your finger's at. That's sad.

With BB Key series that has smallish screen header and footer are evil cause they eat up the space. They haven't even properly utilized the keyboard control through out their apps either.
    Actually it has nothing really to do specifically with blackberry but as I said, with phones getting so gargantuan that all keyboard are at the bottom and this is where we should be doing all our work. When I did mention blackberry it's because this is their own version of the recent apps screen and they could have done it differently.
    This screen? I don't see clear all

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20190210-114418.jpeg 
Views:	119 
Size:	29.2 KB 
ID:	442926
    This screen is the recent apps screen. Why reach to the top of the screen?-screenshot_20190210-155522.jpeg
    02-10-19 02:58 PM
    Not seeing this. Perhaps because I'm on an LG G7 running 8.0 w/ Evie launcher?

How do you get a Recent Apps screen?
    02-10-19 03:30 PM
    I have to add though, I recently discovered this!

It makes things so much easier without having to deal with the added bulk and ugliness of a ring...:

https://cattonguegrips.com/collections/all
    02-10-19 03:32 PM
    Not seeing this. Perhaps because I'm on an LG G7 running 8.0 w/ Evie launcher?

How do you get a Recent Apps screen?
    Uhm.....its the screen with all the apps that are currently opened? Ya know that square next to the triangle and the circle ?
    Lol.
    02-10-19 04:22 PM
    Uhm.....its the screen with all the apps that are currently opened? Ya know that square next to the triangle and the circle ?
    Lol.
    On my Oneplus 3T it looks like this
    But the one I shared above is from the KEY2 Why reach to the top of the screen?-screenshot_20190210-172255.jpeg
    02-10-19 04:23 PM
    I cannot agree with you more! This is such an overlooked area of UI's that often times makes me wonder what is the thought process behind these decisions?

Hamburger menus, overflow menus, send buttons, you name it...

It's flawed and there has to be a better way, especially with BlackBerry devices given the amount of keys we have to which actions can be assigned to and here is an example:

Convenience Key to open the overflow menu (3 dots on the upper right corner).

Convenience Key to clear all apps in the Recent window...

I can go on and on...
    This ^^ 100%
    02-10-19 04:24 PM
    Oh, that one. Well, my Clear All is at the bottom.....where my thumbs are.
    02-10-19 04:40 PM
    On my Oneplus 3T it looks like this...
    Because OnePlus is a software / hardware company that care for details, where the devil is at!

It's no wonder if anyone is going to take the fight to Samsung it would be them...
    02-10-19 04:54 PM
    Because OnePlus is a software / hardware company that care for details, where the devil is at!

It's no wonder if anyone is going to take the fight to Samsung it would be them...
    For reference, everything's on the lower half now with OneUI/Pie.
    02-10-19 06:24 PM
    I sent this feedback to BBmobile, also mentioning that Samsung's is at the bottom of the screen. They said they would take my feedback into account. Send it in as feedback and maybe they will change it if they get enough.
    02-10-19 07:15 PM

I do like to boast about how well Oneplus does things but I must say that they are not perfect. I have the 3T and my friend has the 5, and we both have issues when crossing the boarder with roaming data. I've seen the issue discussed widespread in the Oneplus forums also, hence my recent purchase of my new KEY2.

I think every phone has its quirks and there is no perfect phone.
    02-10-19 08:56 PM
    So that when you awkwardly try to reach up for buttons that should be on the bottom, it increases your chance of dropping the phone, breaking it, and going out and buying the latest one..

PS: conspiracy theory, I'm not actually serious
    The_Passporter and ppeters914 like this.
    02-10-19 11:15 PM
    For reference, everything's on the lower half now with OneUI/Pie.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...ebf8a4d9ad.jpg
    I don't know how anyone thinks this style of recent apps screen makes any sense at all other then a cheap copy off of apples design. The home screen on the Passport or the the BlackBerry/Android version in my opinion is most efficient. Being able to see the most apps at once clearly is the best option.

Fortunately for anyone using a KEY2, the recent apps screen will be obsolete due to the speed key, never having to use that screen to switch between apps again. Another reason I bought the KEY2.
    02-11-19 07:18 AM
    Another top to bottom complaint would be the browsers. Most have the address bar at the top when it would be so much more convenient to have them at the bottom. Same with the google search placement on the Webpage. I used to have a mod in Chrome that brought the address bar to the bottom but they killed it with an update Hence now using Kiwi Browser. Check out this browser it's really nice.

https://www.xda-developers.com/kiwi-...m-address-bar/
    Last edited by The_Passporter; 02-11-19 at 07:54 AM.
    02-11-19 07:33 AM
    Its to bad android wouldn't swallow pride and take some good ui from bb10. It made sense. Didn't need a new app to do basic stuff. Even this calculator thats comes with this phone is terrible. Sure it adds but how about converter. Bb10 calculator is awesome. Crazy how many hrs and apps I have tried to make this closer to bb10 experience. I'm certainly not programmer so not sure what is involved and how much Blackberry actually can do to the os to make these types of changes.

You would think putting controls close to where fingers are would be obvious.

Blackberry KEY² Silver Edition
    Reg
    02-11-19 10:14 AM
    Fortunately for anyone using a KEY2, the recent apps screen will be obsolete due to the speed key, never having to use that screen to switch between apps again. Another reason I bought the KEY2.
    The Speed Key implementation is terrible....other than when typing, who literally hold their device with two hands to which is a requirement for operating the Speed Key....how about long press to activate followed by a shortcut???

Again, a day late, a dollar short! Like the Convenience Key...
    @BlackBerry Mobile
    Last edited by RK_BB; 02-11-19 at 11:02 AM.
    02-11-19 10:30 AM
    The Speed Key implementation is terrible....other than when typing, who literally hold their device with two hands to which is a requirement for operating Speed Key....how about long press to activate followed by a shortcut???

Again, a day late, a dollar short! Like the Convenience Key...
    @BlackBerry Mobile
    I think "terrible". Is being a little harsh since no one else has the option for 52 shortcuts. Also one handed use is good for " yes" or "no" answers unless you are still using a iPhone 4 size phone still. Most large phones today can easily require two handedly use, negating your argument.

That's said I love your idea for implementing the long press of the speed key. Let's hope that comes down the pipe before they deprecate the KEY2 or LE lol.
    02-11-19 10:56 AM
    Why is the "Clear All" tap area not located at the bottom of the screen in the recent apps screen?
    Because that's where they put it. OEM's can change the location. Samsung for example has it at the bottom.
    02-11-19 11:00 AM
    I think "terrible". Is being a little harsh since no one else has the option for 52 shortcuts. Also one handed use is good for " yes" or "no" answers unless you are still using a iPhone 4 size phone still. Most large phones today can easily require two handedly use, negating your argument.

That's said I love your idea for implementing the long press of the speed key. Let's hope that comes down the pipe before they deprecate the KEY2 or LE lol.
    Fine! Substitute "terrible" with "could have been better"

App switching doesn't necessarily require immediate typing in the subsequent app and therefore two hands shouldn't be a requirement if I am for example on Maps and I want to quickly switch to Instagram...
    02-11-19 11:02 AM
    Because that's where they put it. OEM's can change the location. Samsung for example has it at the bottom.
    You are blessed with insight @Bla1ze
    Tim-ANC and ppeters914 like this.
    02-11-19 11:03 AM
34 12