Do the opposite and add a virtual cascades runtime for blackberry android versus how it's been as in the opposite beings our current situation, would that be against androids rules?

I doubt so? Then they can keep both going while sucking off of droid, we all have that cascades BB10 app or ten that we LOVE!..

Think about it. More harm then good? Nah! Buys more time, makes it even more unique. Can this be done?..

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by DreadPirateRegan; 10-26-16 at 07:55 PM.
    10-26-16 06:45 PM
    10-26-16 08:18 PM
    It would be much easier to just rewrite the apps. There aren't very many of them.
    10-26-16 08:21 PM
    Why?
    I'll answer as more then just the obvious as in - To use blackberry apps on droid and keep blackberry world alive (also more unique) while they figure out exactly where they are headed as I doubt they even know, it seems. Also, there is more then a few of them. I have 267 native apps, most paid versus my 97 apk's. It's better then throwing in the white flag all together and can't cost that much, QNX is theirs.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-16 08:42 PM
    I'll answer as more then just the obvious as in - To use blackberry apps on droid and keep blackberry world alive (also more unique) while they figure out exactly where they are headed as I doubt they even know, it seems. Also, there is more then a few of them. I have 267 native apps, most paid versus my 97 apk's. It's better then throwing in the white flag all together and can't cost that much, QNX is theirs.

Posted via CB10
    Even if they don't know where they're headed they know BB10 has no future with them. If it did, then you'd think they'd keep Blend supported and actually put out 10.3.3 when they'd say they would. But alas.

For the three or four third party BlackBerry 10 developers, learning Java would be easier for everyone involved than expecting BlackBerry to put developers they don't have to install an obsolete (Qt 4 has been out of support for a very long time) runtime on Android just so they could port a couple dozen apps over.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    10-26-16 08:58 PM

Posted via CB10
    How many of those 267 do you really want on Android? How many of those don't already exist in Play store?
    10-26-16 09:27 PM
    Why?
    Because if the developer followed the guidelines, the Cascades apps look better and are easier to navigate than most Android apps.
    Q10Bold and DreadPirateRegan like this.
    10-30-16 02:41 AM
    Because if the developer followed the guidelines, the Cascades apps look better and are easier to navigate than most Android apps.
    And if Android developers actually followed the guidelines, Android apps would actually be easier to navigate.
    10-30-16 03:33 AM
    And if Android developers actually followed the guidelines, Android apps would actually be easier to navigate.
    Possibly, but Google still likes to have developers put menus at the top of the screen where they're out of reach.

That and the big, bold childish colours used throughout "material design" just looks... well.. childish.
    DreadPirateRegan likes this.
    10-30-16 11:35 AM
    Perhaps, if Cascades wasn't tied to EOL Qt4. The work to port it to Qt5 ceased around the same time that the other developer resources dried up. To spend effort on porting a dead framework to a new platform (or overhauling the dead framework to bring it back to life and then bring it to a new platform) to satisfy a few dozen apps only makes sense on CrackBerry.
    10-30-16 12:50 PM
    That and the big, bold childish colours used throughout "material design" just looks... well.. childish.
    Thats just your opinion, its not universal truth.
    10-30-16 01:15 PM
    Thats just your opinion, its not universal truth.
    I've never found any Android UI to be attractive and professional looking. It's full of obnoxious animations, terrible layering in the UI and goofy colours.
    10-30-16 01:20 PM
    Again, your opinion.
    Can you post where i can look what defines pofessional looking UI.
    10-30-16 01:56 PM
    Perhaps, if Cascades wasn't tied to EOL Qt4. The work to port it to Qt5 ceased around the same time that the other developer resources dried up. To spend effort on porting a dead framework to a new platform (or overhauling the dead framework to bring it back to life and then bring it to a new platform) to satisfy a few dozen apps only makes sense on CrackBerry.

Why not? .. Cascades Virtual Runtime...-img_20161030_201624_edit.png

Posted via CB10
    DreadPirateRegan and cgk like this.
    10-30-16 02:17 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20161030_201624_edit.png 
Views:	118 
Size:	394.4 KB 
ID:	410966

Posted via CB10
    LOL, I see so many reasons as access to two stores, keep theirs alive as some ports blow originals out the water and don't hoard our info, beat google somewhat, just tons of reasons others can't see that I do - I suppose not just to have those awesome, easier to use apps. I could put together a list of ten things just off the top of my head but why, another crack berry addict will just ruin my dreams. It can't be that hard! HAH!

Posted via CB10
    10-31-16 12:48 AM
    Again, your opinion.
    Can you post where i can look what defines pofessional looking UI.
    BB10, however it's still a matter of opinion but you asked for the opinion. Cascades virtual runtime makes more sense for blackberry then it seems at first thought, IMO..

Samsung has their own store but all same apps mostly! This will be something really unique to blackberry-droid! We must standout! To much to compete with in the android world although I hear they gave up on that to. Ahh, suppose I will grab a priv soon to go with my one and only Daily driver until the wheels fall off - Passport SE!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by DreadPirateRegan; 11-01-16 at 12:04 AM.
    10-31-16 07:41 PM
    BB10, however it's still a matter of opinion but you asked for the opinion. Cascades virtual runtime makes more sense for blackberry then it seems at first thought, IMO..

Samsung has their own store but all same apps mostly! This will be something really unique to blackberry-droid! We must standout! To much to compete with in the android world although I hear they gave up on that to. Ahh, suppose I will grab a priv soon to go with my one and only Daily driver until the wheels fall off - Passport SE!

Posted via CB10
    I'm liking your idea. I think it might just work but it's radical. Like you I believe that BB10 has a future if they keep it alive until the world is readh for it. Otherwise it's just statistics.
    DreadPirateRegan and DaDaDogg like this.
    11-01-16 03:43 AM
    I'm liking your idea. I think it might just work but it's radical. Like you I believe that BB10 has a future if they keep it alive until the world is readh for it. Otherwise it's just statistics.
    Thanks, I am a radical guy and totally think it would have many benefits (even over price) but get why others can't see it at first thought. The question is would big bad google allow it!

Posted via CB10
    11-01-16 11:40 PM
    Thanks, I am a radical guy and totally think it would have many benefits (even over price) but get why others can't see it at first thought. The question is would big bad google allow it!

Posted via CB10
    We're the kind that think too far ahead and everyone else just can't accept our opinions. People used to think Vincent Van Gough was mad, so was Gaudi too and Leonardo Da Vincci.

I think it's probably cheaper for BlackBerry to develop a run time to be run on Android and iOS than to convert their apps to Android and iOS. It also gives BlackBerry 10 developers good comfort and reason to continue to strive for excellence. Really many Android apps are really crap and they are just not as good as the same app of BlackBerry 10 versions. I really don't know why.
    11-02-16 05:44 AM
    We're the kind that think too far ahead and everyone else just can't accept our opinions. People used to think Vincent Van Gough was mad, so was Gaudi too and Leonardo Da Vincci.

I think it's probably cheaper for BlackBerry to develop a run time to be run on Android and iOS than to convert their apps to Android and iOS. It also gives BlackBerry 10 developers good comfort and reason to continue to strive for excellence. Really many Android apps are really crap and they are just not as good as the same app of BlackBerry 10 versions. I really don't know why.
    Agreed 100%

Posted via CB10
    11-02-16 02:11 PM
    You have one thing in common. I think you're mad too.
    11-02-16 02:15 PM

Posted via CB10
    So, $10 million divided by a dozen must-have apps for an equal number of users = crazy town.
    11-02-16 02:17 PM
    So, $10 million divided by a dozen must-have apps for an equal number of users = crazy town.
    I remember blackberry was paying around 200.00 to simply convert apk's to bar files. Cobalt, we already said that we get it as in its to far ahead for some to grasp, we understand.

LOL

Blackberry Apps are more premium then droids! Hands down!

I doubt it cost that much to make a runtime but would not doubt if you prove me wrong let's use Dalviks cost as its been done, link to cost?

Lol at Crazy town, where is our tickets? Hehehe

Posted via CB10
    11-02-16 02:35 PM
    I remember blackberry was paying around 200.00 to simply convert apk's to bar files. Cobalt, we already said that we get it as in its to far ahead for some to grasp, we understand.

LOL

Blackberry Apps are more premium then droids! Hands down!

(not laughing out loud)

I doubt it cost that much to make a runtime but would not doubt if you prove me wrong let's use Dalviks cost as its been done, link to cost?

Lol at town, where is our tickets? Hehehe

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    11-02-16 02:37 PM
    Also, I like you Cobalt, your the man BUT where did you get a dozen? I have over three dozen that nothing is available or compares on googleplay store to them! That's just me alone. However besides entire point, it's more about making blackberry - android as unique as BB10 with as many options as possible. In my eyes as lo said this would help blackberry devs stick around and or come back whilst helping out their main gig as in android, win, win. However, This is fiction as whether it's a good idea or not, it won't happen but fun to dream. If I was in charge id definitely have it on the table and weigh it out to see if you or I are right as I have zero idea what the android runtime cost but betting the QNX version would be cheaper as don't have to pay Google so we need net cost without paying google on how much it cost to build the original Dalvik runtime to even get close to an idea. I have no idea where we would get that info from?...

If anybody whom would tell us knows it would be b1aze.

BTW: how did you know I was MAD though? Bwahaha

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by DreadPirateRegan; 11-02-16 at 02:50 PM.
    11-02-16 02:38 PM
52 123