Makes no sense to me that textra ( delicious Inc.), Verizon, and so many more can build a decent app for text messages but BlackBerry has none. Wouldn't that be something people might try no matter what Android phone they owned if available at the Play Store?

Probably been answered before

Posted via CrackBerry App for Android on America's 🌎 largest network.
    09-23-16 04:31 PM
    Because, BBM.

You think BlackBerry wants to invest in making SMS better? lol.
    09-23-16 04:34 PM
    Because, BBM.

They should add this to bbm. And BBM stickers could be send via mms

#soon, later, later this year, fiscal year, commitment,...blablabla ~J.BlaBla Chen
    The_Passporter likes this.
    09-23-16 04:46 PM
    They should add this to bbm. And BBM stickers could be send via mms

#soon, later, later this year, fiscal year, commitment,...blablabla ~J.BlaBla Chen
    They effectively had that idea before most others and missed the boat. SMS 2.0 as it was called.

An inside look at BlackBerry - from the 'iPhone killer' to SMS 2.0 | CrackBerry.com

Inside RIM, the brash Mr. Balsillie had championed a bold strategy to re-establish the company’s place at the forefront of mobile communications. The plan was to push wireless carriers to adopt RIM’s popular BlackBerry Messenger (BBM) instant messaging service as a replacement for their short text messaging system (SMS) applications – no matter what kind of phone their customers used.

It was a novel plan. If RIM could get BBM onto hundreds of millions of non-BlackBerry phones, and charge fees for it, the company would have an enormous new source of profit, Mr. Balsillie believed. “It was a really big idea,” said an employee who was involved in the project.

But the plan ran into stiff opposition at senior levels. Not long after Mr. Heins took over as RIM’s CEO in January, 2012, he killed it, with Mr. Lazaridis’s support.

That was it for Mr. Balsillie. Weeks later, he resigned from the board and cut his ties to the company.

“My reason for leaving the RIM board in March, 2012, was due to the company’s decision to cancel the BBM cross-platform strategy,” Mr. Balsillie said in a brief statement to The Globe and Mail,
    Would have.. could have... should have... but didn't.
    09-23-16 04:49 PM
    Because, BBM.

Ahhh I wasn't thinking straight that makes lots of sense.

09-23-16 05:13 PM
    Integrating Sms into BBM was a feature we lost when we 'upgraded' from BBOS to BB10.
    Never understood their decision to drop that feature.

 Passport filter-evading the NSA  Make BlackBerry Great Again!
    bbdcm70 likes this.
    09-23-16 05:22 PM
    Don't they already achieve "sms app" functionality with the hub?

Posted via CB App for Android on Tab4 (interim Playbook replacement)
    09-23-16 05:44 PM
    Integrating Sms into BBM was a feature we lost when we 'upgraded' from BBOS to BB10.

Blame Mike L.
    09-23-16 07:11 PM
    How about a BlackBerry File Manager? Is BlackBerry working on one? Anyone know the best one to download? Does MM have one included?

09-25-16 07:53 AM
    How about a BlackBerry File Manager? Is BlackBerry working on one? Anyone know the best one to download? Does MM have one included?

Use Solid Explorer. Far better than anything BlackBerry could make.
    jas1978 likes this.
    09-25-16 08:58 AM

I've always used X-Plore on Android, take a look at this http://m.crackberry.com/best-file-ma...lackberry-priv

09-25-16 09:13 AM
    Because, BBM.

Yea I can see from a business standpoint there's no point.

But I highly doubt their strategy is going to work. BBM is as dead as BlackBerry's image.

Haven't seen anyone say a word about not using the Whatsapp even with the recent news about them sharing our data with Facebook or something.

They flubbed up big time on BBM

Something is seriously wrong when you have new no name companies coming out with IM apps later on and still surpassing BBM in active users....

#workwide #OG Black
    09-26-16 10:59 AM
    I like not reinventing the wheel: with Android, BB sticks to PIM and DTEK, both of which are their strong suits.
    09-26-16 11:03 AM
    I like not reinventing the wheel: with Android, BB sticks to PIM and DTEK, both of which are their strong suits.
    File Manager... find I hardly use one these days. You adjust to how Android works

But messaging.... Really think that BBM needs to change at this point. Channels... if it is viable should be it's own thing or a plug-in for BBM for those that want it. But BBM needs today to be more like iMessage, invisible. If a user in the HUB want to send a new message, it's sent from the HUB via BBM if both users are using BBM... if not it's sent SMS/MMS. And all the features of BBM should be visible within the HUB... see if a person is reading or typing a reply.

For messaging.. it's copying what Apple copied from BlackBerry to begin with and how they implement it.
    baspeed likes this.
    09-26-16 11:39 AM
    What BlackBerry should do, at least in Android is configure BBM to be able to handle SMS messages like Facebook Messenger does, as well as iMessage on iOS. That way users of BlackBerry Android devices wouldn't need a stock SMS app, or a third party one for that matter.

Posted from my BlackBerry Priv on Rogers Network.
    09-26-16 08:49 PM

I didn't like the integration of SMS into BBM because I didn't know which I had to pay and which message I didn't.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-26-16 09:14 PM

I loved that feature
    09-27-16 07:59 AM
    I didn't like the integration of SMS into BBM because I didn't know which I had to pay and which message I didn't.

All they would have to do is add a setting that, like in Facebook Messenger, allowing the user to turn the feature off, but for those of us with unlimited data, it would be a great convenience.

09-27-16 10:43 AM
    All they would have to do is add a setting that, like in Facebook Messenger, allowing the user to turn the feature off, but for those of us with unlimited data, it would be a great convenience.

The thing is Sms has nothing to do with data availability, people are charged for every SMS they send. Here we are charged $0.10 for every SMS sent locally. One sent overseas can come up to $1.50 or more if you were to look at it this way you would want to know if you're gonna pay an additional $0.10 for that message or it's part of your data plan wouldn't you?

Yes, I do have 15GB of data to use every month but I still have to pay for every SMS sent.

09-27-16 12:08 PM
    What BlackBerry should do, at least in Android is configure BBM to be able to handle SMS messages like Facebook Messenger does, as well as iMessage on iOS. That way users of BlackBerry Android devices wouldn't need a stock SMS app, or a third party one for that matter.

Isn't that already accomplished with the hub (ie: BBM, SMS, FBMessenger, email and everything else in one spot)?

09-27-16 04:33 PM
    The thing is Sms has nothing to do with data availability, people are charged for every SMS they send. Here we are charged $0.10 for every SMS sent locally. One sent overseas can come up to $1.50 or more if you were to look at it this way you would want to know if you're gonna pay an additional $0.10 for that message or it's part of your data plan wouldn't you?

Yes, I do have 15GB of data to use every month but I still have to pay for every SMS sent.

I have unlimited text, in Canada calling and 5GB data, so for me the texting cost 0$.

09-27-16 08:45 PM
    Isn't that already accomplished with the hub (ie: BBM, SMS, FBMessenger, email and everything else in one spot)?

Uhm. No. Not really. First of all, in Android, Facebook Messenger does not connect to the hub, and you still have to have a text messenging app to handle text messages, unless you set Facebook Messenger to handle them.

09-27-16 08:48 PM
    Uhm. No. Not really. First of all, in Android, Facebook Messenger does not connect to the hub, and you still have to have a text messenging app to handle text messages, unless you set Facebook Messenger to handle them.

The Facebook Messenger piece will be changing right shortly.
    09-27-16 09:30 PM

You saying the BlackBerry Hub on android (Priv, dtek) does not handle sms and other things?

09-28-16 04:17 PM
    You saying the BlackBerry Hub on android (Priv, dtek) does not handle sms and other things?

Hhhmm try updating your Hub and see coz it is supposed to.

09-28-16 07:57 PM
28 12