I wanted to install it again and could not find it then I found it and saw it was shut down but why?

Posted from my favorite Q10
    07-22-19 03:13 PM
    You have to sign up for BBMe....

BBM was licensed out to another company that defaulted (couldn't make money on a dying messaging app), and BlackBerry just didn't want to bother bringing it back into the fold. So has allowed the few that wanted to keep BBM to use a "free" for now striped down enterprise version.
    07-22-19 03:17 PM
    The user base had shrunk to an extent where Emtek found it no longer viable to continue with it.

You can now sign up for BBM Enterprise if you so desire, it's free for a year and about $5 every 6 months after the free year.

Posted via CB10
    Vistaus likes this.
    07-22-19 03:19 PM
    I love BBM but I'm not going to pay 5 a month just for BBM ill just use whatsapp then

07-23-19 01:23 PM
    I love BBM but I'm not going to pay 5 a month just for BBM ill just use whatsapp then

It's $2.50 US for 6 months but that's still paying to talk to nobody. Better off with anything else.
    John Albert likes this.
    07-23-19 01:30 PM
    I would make it my default messaging app and would pay this $5 per year if they added SMS/MMS like old BBM did with BBOS.
    08-07-19 02:19 PM
    I would make it my default messaging app and would pay this $5 per year if they added SMS/MMS like old BBM did with BBOS.
    Duly noted but highly unexpected...
    08-18-19 02:59 PM
    I too would love to have SMS built into BBMe just so all the messages would show up in the hub.
    10-08-19 04:17 PM
    I too would love to have SMS built into BBMe just so all the messages would show up in the hub.
    Now that it’s the Inbox, things have changed some and needs Google to change some policies.
    10-09-19 12:24 PM
    Now that it’s the Inbox, things have changed some and needs Google to change some policies.
    10-09-19 12:24 PM
    Everything BlackBerry does is too late. It's so frustrating.

Too late to release BBM on other platforms and compete with WhatsApp... late with cameras, apps, Android, big screens, releases, it's truly infuriating watching BlackBerry constantly sabotage themselves the last decade.
    12-17-19 12:50 PM
    BBM was released on other platforms. I know it was released on ios around the time my oldest was born. (Somewhere around 2013 or 2014) It was the primary mode of communication for my wife and I went I travelled outside the country because the voice calls were free. If I remember correctly, BB underestimated demand badly and it brought down the whole system.
    12-21-19 11:54 AM
    BBM was released on other platforms. I know it was released on ios around the time my oldest was born. (Somewhere around 2013 or 2014) It was the primary mode of communication for my wife and I went I travelled outside the country because the voice calls were free. If I remember correctly, BB underestimated demand badly and it brought down the whole system.
    I don't think they ever had capacity problems. That would have been good if they saw unexpected demand. They were too late for that to happen.

What did happen, though, is their iOS app was very poorly written and the developers seemed to completely not understand how to build a communications app in iOS. They may have fixed that later, but by then I'd given up on it.
    12-21-19 12:39 PM
    Nobody uses it
    12-21-19 02:51 PM