I keep getting the message “Unable to establish a wireless connection.” I was just told by ATT customer service it is because BlackBerry data first has to go through the BlackBerry network. Was working fine before I contacted ATT to register my new phone's IMEI. Rep tried adding the NXTGENPHONE APN but still does not work. Any suggestions? I would like to keep my new Key2 but can't if it is unable to use my data plan.
    07-18-18 05:43 AM
    Proable call tech support again... others have gotten it to work, the first rep might have done something wrong.

KEY2 doesn't use BlackBerry network...
    07-18-18 03:56 PM
    Did you try to reset the network maybe? My phones on the NXTGENPHONE APN and I can get on wireless. I did notice I can't seem to activate call waiting though as it tells me network or sim error and I didn't have time wait on hold with them again today because I guess I need to give them my new IMEI number for that maybe. Everything else works just the call waiting won't turn on.
    07-18-18 05:27 PM
    Did you try to reset the network maybe? My phones on the NXTGENPHONE APN and I can get on wireless. I did notice I can't seem to activate call waiting though as it tells me network or sim error and I didn't have time wait on hold with them again today because I guess I need to give them my new IMEI number for that maybe. Everything else works just the call waiting won't turn on.
    I just got off the phone with ATT and since my Key2 is not an ATT branded phone I needed to use the IMEI number from my KeyOne for my Key2. Once she changed that I am getting data at 4G speeds, but no LTE. The unlocked Key2 I just bought from BB will not get LTE speed, even though it is advertised with that capability. I'm ok with the 4G as am getting data etc. just fine now with my Key2. Love the Key2 so far...huge improvement in speed, design, etc. over KeyOne.
    07-19-18 02:41 PM
    I just got off the phone with ATT and since my Key2 is not an ATT branded phone I needed to use the IMEI number from my KeyOne for my Key2. Once she changed that I am getting data at 4G speeds, but no LTE. The unlocked Key2 I just bought from BB will not get LTE speed, even though it is advertised with that capability. I'm ok with the 4G as am getting data etc. just fine now with my Key2. Love the Key2 so far...huge improvement in speed, design, etc. over KeyOne.
    No, somethings not right because I popped my sim in and it was 4G+ but after some hours it went LTE. I didn't give them my IMEI until today because I can't turn on call waiting for some stupid reason. Probably going to have to go to the store tomorrow if it doesn't get corrected tonight. My KeyOne is an unlocked phone just like this one so whoever you talked to isn't doing something right.
    07-19-18 03:46 PM
    Have you figured this out?

I've run into this in the past with ATT and I don't call them to give them my new IMEIs anymore due to the 4G/LTE thing you described.

Try popping the sim back into your KeyOne if it's an ATT branded device - or any other ATT branded device until it registers and you get LTE. Once you have that, pop the sim back into the Key2 and you should be back up with LTE.
    08-09-18 10:14 AM
    I keep getting the message “Unable to establish a wireless connection.” I was just told by ATT customer service it is because BlackBerry data first has to go through the BlackBerry network. Was working fine before I contacted ATT to register my new phone's IMEI. Rep tried adding the NXTGENPHONE APN but still does not work. Any suggestions? I would like to keep my new Key2 but can't if it is unable to use my data plan.
    Hey, I have the exact same issue with my Key2. I think after somekind (I guess) of update it started to happen.

Mine aswell, and know its really annoying because I cant turn off that notification. I do have internet but the message keeps poping out.

Mine is always in 4G LTE, but after that message started to pop up so frecuently ... I felt LAG in my internet. Speed is the same, it just have LAG when trying to find the webpage, etc.

Btw, Im located in Peru, so I dont think it has nothing to do with the service provider.
    11-07-18 09:11 AM
    This answer shows their fundamental misunderstanding of how your phone works. There has not been, "BlackBerry Data," since before BB10. Data no longer goes through BlackBerry servers. The phone is a normal Android phone, and works the same as any other Android phone.
    11-07-18 10:22 AM
    This answer shows their fundamental misunderstanding of how your phone works. There has not been, "BlackBerry Data," since before BB10. Data no longer goes through BlackBerry servers. The phone is a normal Android phone, and works the same as any other Android phone.
    Yes thats true. Android blackberry is just a regular android phone, no blackberry servers at all.
    11-07-18 10:38 AM