Hey guys,
    I've had a KeyOne for ages and as of today now got a Key2. I also have a Laptop at home (Surface Pro4) and considering selling it as I feel like my Key2 can do the job of watching files/media, creating/accessing files, etc. I've got lots of TV shows still on there and a few other bits as well but can port them to a HDD.

Just wondering if anyone had 'converted' at all - would be interesting to find out!

Cheers!
    07-03-18 03:13 PM
    I have a Surface Pro also... but I need it for some things that are Windows only programs. But if I'm really working... I have a dock with at larger Monitor, Keyboad and Mouse. Just not into the scale and input option on a smartphone or even a tablet.

That said for the vast majority of the world, I expect that they phone is their Computer... I know my grown kids use their phones or tablets for most everything.
    07-03-18 03:48 PM
    It would be impossible to replace my pc with a phone.

My phone doesn't have a top of the line ryzen cpu, gtx 1080ti, 32gb of ram or 5gb of storage. Or the productivity of 3 monitors. A phone also can't play high end games and isn't good for movies or photoshop.
    07-04-18 11:44 AM
    There is no mobile device that can fully replace a PC today in my opinion.
    Fret Madden likes this.
    07-04-18 11:48 AM
    There is no mobile device that can fully replace a PC today in my opinion.
    I rather agree with this. I have attained a fair bit of freedom from my laptop in the sense that when I'm on vacation and on call I can watch my email on my phone and not have to lug my laptop everywhere. I have the laptop tucked away where I'm staying. This year I was able to use the phone / email to answer all the issues and not have to drag out a bigger computer.

So, the phone can't completely replace the laptop but it can forestall having to use it.
    07-04-18 01:02 PM
    It would be impossible to replace my pc with a phone.

My phone doesn't have a top of the line ryzen cpu, gtx 1080ti, 32gb of ram or 5gb of storage. Or the productivity of 3 monitors. A phone also can't play high end games and isn't good for movies or photoshop.
    I'd still use my 2009 HP DV7-1245-DX over any phone. I'd probably spend a few moments debating phone or ThinkPad R30 though - unless it involved games or video I'd use the ThinkPad.
    07-04-18 01:20 PM
    Phone really just helps me with email. Have to do the rest (work) on a computer.
    bbone99 likes this.
    07-04-18 02:31 PM
    if it's casual email and social feed browsing then I can definitely use my phone. But my work requires a computer. so no.
    07-08-18 01:03 PM
    KEYone/KEY2 feel more like a pocket/mini PC than any slab on the market
    07-11-18 04:55 PM