The subject of Hub on non-BlackBerry phones has been discussed quite a lot here, but I don't see the reverse as often.

So, if you have replaced Hub partially or completely, why? And with what?
    10-07-17 04:03 PM
    The subject of Hub on non-BlackBerry phones has been discussed quite a lot here, but I don't see the reverse as often.

On my PRIV I used "Nine". Because my company forces a 6-digit-PIN and without any fingerprint sensor on the PRIV, it was a hassle. Nine can restrict these policies to your company's mail account so you only have to type the PIN when opening that. Also should the company issue a "delete device" command, it would only delete the company data inside Nine, not your whole private (BYOD) phone.

For personal mail I still prefer Google Inbox because of the nice grouping, itinerary detection (for Google Trips) and all these little things. Also the spam filter of Gmail/Inbox is awesome.
    thornburg24 likes this.
    10-07-17 04:12 PM

Currently using Inbox for personal Gmail.
    Considering disabling Hub in favor of BlueMail primarily for GUI and native HTML signature support with rich content embedded.
    10-07-17 04:13 PM

I keep using HUB for my personal mail account, but I use "nine" for corporate email. and i like it very much
    10-07-17 04:49 PM
    My work and personal email accounts are Google, so it's gmail for me. Tried others, but like the simplicity of gmail. Does what I want it to do.
    10-07-17 05:23 PM
    I use the Hub for my business and other important email. For subscriptions and emails I don't care as much about, I use Gmail and keep it out of the Hub. Gmail doesn't have any contacts, either.

For email and contacts management and synchronization with MS Exchange, nothing beats the Hub.
    LyoobaBerry likes this.
    10-09-17 08:11 AM
    Because I care for my privacy I use Protonmail and Tutanota. I don't trust Google and I don't trust BlackBerry.
    Last edited by CrackPriv; 10-24-17 at 04:43 PM.
    10-10-17 12:32 PM
    I use Outlook as most of emails are with MS but I heard good things about Aquamail (paid version)once you get it setup
    10-10-17 01:46 PM
    I use Gmail for all Google hosted email, paid or data mined ad supported, ie free. For domain hosted, I use hub and Office 365.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    10-10-17 01:58 PM
    I know that the mail applications are the best of Nine for Android after the BB10 hub and I use it. So far ahead of Android BB hub ...
    10-10-17 02:01 PM
    K9 - to have multiple sender identities to send from over one account: https://k9mail.github.io/documentati...s/account.html

And being able to copy the recipient addresses of an incoming mail, yes that doesn't work in hub

And being able to see a mail with all headers (source).
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    10-10-17 06:00 PM
    For my gmail account I use the Inbox app.

For all other email accounts (I have 4 others), I use the outlook app from microsoft.
    10-11-17 04:47 AM
    If the Gmail app had a dark ui option, it would be perfect for me.
    10-12-17 03:16 AM
    I've been using "Alto" for my gmail, yahoo and icloud emails. i actually started using the hub when i got my k1 last month but i felt that it slowed my phone down. Alto has been good to me for over a year
    10-12-17 08:58 AM
    I use Outlook as most of emails are with MS but I heard good things about Aquamail (paid version)once you get it setup
    I use Aquamail on my phone, the biggest thing there for me that Hub lacked (and why I'm not using it) is email aliases. Backing up account/app settings to storage and/or the cloud is good too, since you can get everything back to normal in one shot after a factory reset/new phone.
    jamesharmeling and 1khalid like this.
    10-15-17 04:05 PM
    For you using Bluemail/Aquamail, how is the push speed for MS Outlook/Exchange in your experience? I've tried it and found it quite slow compared to the Hub. Actually, from my personal experience, the BB Hub was by far the fastest at pushed emails, especially from MS Outlook/Exchange accounts.
    10-16-17 12:24 PM
    I am not sure what you mean here... ie if I have a BlackBerry device but don't use the Hub software? For me, at this point, if I didn't use the Hub, I would give up BlackBerry altogether. Unfortunately, BlackBerry is putting so few resources into the Hub, it's falling behind in too many areas that inevitably, we need to look/go elsewhere.
    10-17-17 05:43 AM
    I disabled hub mainly because it drained more in the battery stats than I thought it should, so I use Outlook + Gmail apps.

Anyone else think "BlackBerry Hub+ Services" drains quite some juice when the Hub is activated?
    kojita likes this.
    10-17-17 06:00 AM
    I disabled hub mainly because it drained more in the battery stats than I thought it should, so I use Outlook + Gmail apps.

Anyone else think "BlackBerry Hub+ Services" drains quite some juice when the Hub is activated?
    No. GSAM says it's not material (and it can look in detail.)

I use the Hub primarily because (1) I have an Exchange server, (2) it works properly against the Hub (most other alternatives either don't work at all, or don't work well) and (3) I use S/MIME signed and encrypted mail regularly, which it supports for Exchange accounts (and does so properly.)

I've not had any trouble with performance, battery or otherwise. If you are you can shut off the "Help receive emails quicker" slider.
    10-20-17 07:39 PM
    Outlook, works very well with Microsoft launcher.
    10-20-17 07:47 PM

Same here, disabled all Hub+ and device search and used Gmail integration together with Gapps to sync my work exchange, works like a charm and no battery drain
    10-31-17 10:09 AM
    Does everyone think the Hub drains the battery?
    11-02-17 09:59 PM
    Nope. I'm happily using the Hub for my Gmail and work Exchange accounts.
    11-03-17 11:06 AM
    Nope. I'm happily using the Hub for my Gmail and work Exchange accounts.
    Ok but how many accounts do you have in the hub ? I was running exchange, bbm, viber, slack, linkedin , skype so like 6 accounts.
    11-04-17 03:35 AM
    Nope. One G suite, one Outlook, Signal, WhatsApp so not a lot going on honestly.
    11-04-17 05:58 AM
39 12