If there is another thread that discusses this please feel free to post the link.

If you bought a Blackberry from a phone provider and they have been sending the updates what happens if you change providers? Do the updates come from the original provider, from the new provider,. or are you on your own?

(Just curious... I have no intent on changing providers as I am very happy with Telus.)

..Tom
    01-10-19 02:35 PM
    You're still bound by their schedule and you may see a delay in the updates or have try updating without a SIM in the device.
    01-10-19 03:36 PM
    If there is another thread that discusses this please feel free to post the link.

If you bought a Blackberry from a phone provider and they have been sending the updates what happens if you change providers? Do the updates come from the original provider, from the new provider,. or are you on your own?

(Just curious... I have no intent on changing providers as I am very happy with Telus.)

..Tom
    All updates on BlackBerry Android are bound to your device PRD. You get updates when the rest of your variant cohorts get it.
    Vistaus likes this.
    01-10-19 04:01 PM
    All updates on BlackBerry Android are bound to your device PRD. You get updates when the rest of your variant cohorts get it.
    So I'm clear: If you were with Telus and switched to Rogers. (or anyone else) your updates would come automatically when Telus updates were sent, right?

Thanks,

..Tom
    01-11-19 08:58 AM
    So I'm clear: If you were with Telus and switched to Rogers. (or anyone else) your updates would come automatically when Telus updates were sent, right?

Thanks,

..Tom
    Yes.
    V-Tom likes this.
    01-11-19 09:18 AM