I noticed BlackBerry calendar app, viewing or adding new events, the default privacy setting is Public.
    I saw this article, which says Public means viewable by whole organisation:
    https://docs.blackberry.com/en/black...e1494874343429
    But I don't use my free outlook calendar for work/organisation, so what does it mean by having my outlook calendar events Public, who else can see it? and how can I change the default to Private?
    06-24-20 07:38 PM
    Public/Private is more of a corporate setting which means that meeting details are available for anyone in your organisation to view. For a personal email account, the only time this setting would make any difference is if you shared your calendar with someone else.
    06-29-20 05:57 AM
    Public/Private is more of a corporate setting which means that meeting details are available for anyone in your organisation to view. For a personal email account, the only time this setting would make any difference is if you shared your calendar with someone else.
    I've only shared it with my Thunderbird desktop client.
    Does it mean others will be able to find my calendar?
    or only those with the link (i.e. Thunderbird)?
    06-29-20 08:26 AM
    Adding it to a client app isn't really considered sharing it. Sharing your calendar would involve explicitly granting access to someone else via their email address.

For example, my wife and I have a shared calendar that allows both of us to add and view appointments added to it by each other from our personal email addresses.

Unless you intentionally give someone else access to your calendar the only way they would be able to view it would be to log into your account with your credentials.
    06-29-20 10:49 AM
    Adding it to a client app isn't really considered sharing it. Sharing your calendar would involve explicitly granting access to someone else via their email address.

For example, my wife and I have a shared calendar that allows both of us to add and view appointments added to it by each other from our personal email addresses.

Unless you intentionally give someone else access to your calendar the only way they would be able to view it would be to log into your account with your credentials.
    Okay thanks for clearing that up for me!!
    06-29-20 02:12 PM