I have been with Verizon since it was 360 communications, etc. I have NEVER Had a Blackberry but have ALWAYS been jealous of the physical keyboard. I'm in love with everything I've read on about the KeyOne, including reviews. I just found this forum and was curious if there is anything I need to know about bringing an UNLOCKED CDMA phone to Verizon. I have asked their support in online chat and they say no problem. When I go into my Verizon store, they claim they can't guarantee anything, but of course I assume they want to sell THEIR OWN phones. Understandable. Any info or feedback is greatly appreciated. THANK YOU from Las Vegas.
    10-13-17 11:49 PM
    10-14-17 01:08 AM
    BYOD will always be an issue...

But there are many of us who have gone before you, so it should be easier for you. After you buy your KEYᵒⁿᵉ just take it to a VZW Corporate Store (not one of the third party VZW store.) Ask them for a Non-NFC Sim card and hopefully they'll be able to provision it properly in their system.

Anything that you need, make sure to chat with support before you need it... i.e. Travel Pass, HD Calling, etc.

Some items may not be available period - like VVM.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    10-14-17 08:07 AM
    BYOD will always be an issue...

But there are many of us who have gone before you, so it should be easier for you. After you buy your KEYᵒⁿᵉ just take it to a VZW Corporate Store (not one of the third party VZW store.) Ask them for a Non-NFC Sim card and hopefully they'll be able to provision it properly in their system.

Anything that you need, make sure to chat with support before you need it... i.e. Travel Pass, HD Calling, etc.

Some items may not be available period - like VVM.
    I simply inserted my SIM from my Z Force in and used the dialer to turn on HD calling. Seems for most, this is the case. Others like you needed a new SIM. Some say the SIM needs previous activation to work. I think sticking it in and trying is the logical first action.

As you said, WiFi calling and VVM are not available to BYOD. If those features are needed, don't BYOD. Travel pass appears to require a call to CS first. Some have reported racking up a huge bill. I haven't seen anyone who's huge bill wasn't corrected.

I think the overwhelming majority just wish Verizon had chosen to sell the phone. Unfortunately they haven't yet, but at least there's an option. Sprint users had to wait, and purchase the exact same phone from them.
    C_McD likes this.
    10-14-17 10:38 AM
    Right... Simple Sim swap works if previous phone has nano sim. my. Z30 had a micro sim.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    10-14-17 01:34 PM
    I have always purchased unlocked phones. my previous phone was a Moto X Pure. I've used it on Golan Telcom in Israel. when I was in the US, I simply popped in my Verizon SIM and it worked. Just yesterday, I took the SIM out of the Moto X and inserted it into my KeyOne, and it works just fine. I haven't visited a Verizon store in two years.
    10-21-17 07:56 PM