I live in Canada, but do a lot in the USA. I am multi border i guess you can say.

I have found a problem with getting some apps. It appears I am "locked out" of them because my google play account is a "Canada" account.

For example:
    I live in Canada and have Telus. But I also have a T-mobile Chip for use when I'm in the US. I can't get the Tmobile app. I was in the Tmobile store with the techs, and we couldn't get it to show up. It is only for US google play accounts. We looked into changing the country in the play account, but it said I can only do it once per year.

This also happened with the Walmart USA app. And I'm sure there are a lot more.

HOW does a person who is "multi border", able to access apps in both the countries they "live" in?

Is there a way to add a 2nd account and toggle back and forth? Will apps stop working when I'm signed into the 'wrong' account?

This is really annoying that in this day and age with people traveling across borders with their devices, we are limited to what apps we can use.

Can anyone help with this? What options do I have?
    12-03-18 01:49 AM
    Google Play largely goes off of what your Google account was set up under in the region. Change the region associated with whatever account you want to use on the US side of things, though as you mentioned they limit changes or just set up another Google Play account.

I have one Gmail set up for Canada and one set up for US. Alternatively, you can just download Yalp Store from F-Droid, which is likely easier, don't have to worry about regions then unless it comes to purchasing apps.

Any globally operating company that region locks you out is pretty stupid anyway lol.
    12-03-18 10:52 AM
    I live in Canada, but do a lot in the USA. I am multi border i guess you can say.

I have found a problem with getting some apps. It appears I am "locked out" of them because my google play account is a "Canada" account.

For example:
    I live in Canada and have Telus. But I also have a T-mobile Chip for use when I'm in the US. I can't get the Tmobile app. I was in the Tmobile store with the techs, and we couldn't get it to show up. It is only for US google play accounts. We looked into changing the country in the play account, but it said I can only do it once per year.

This also happened with the Walmart USA app. And I'm sure there are a lot more.

HOW does a person who is "multi border", able to access apps in both the countries they "live" in?

Is there a way to add a 2nd account and toggle back and forth? Will apps stop working when I'm signed into the 'wrong' account?

This is really annoying that in this day and age with people traveling across borders with their devices, we are limited to what apps we can use.

Can anyone help with this? What options do I have?
    Or just get the app from apkmirror.

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/t-mobi...-0-48-release/
    12-03-18 11:47 AM
    Or just get the app from apkmirror.

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/t-mobi...-0-48-release/
    The apk doesnt work. It will install, but it wont run properly. All the screens are jumbled and if you click on anything it says "error".
    12-03-18 06:10 PM
    Google Play largely goes off of what your Google account was set up under in the region. Change the region associated with whatever account you want to use on the US side of things, though as you mentioned they limit changes or just set up another Google Play account.

I have one Gmail set up for Canada and one set up for US. Alternatively, you can just download Yalp Store from F-Droid, which is likely easier, don't have to worry about regions then unless it comes to purchasing apps.

Any globally operating company that region locks you out is pretty stupid anyway lol.
    so do you toggle back and forth between the 2 accounts? What happens to the apps when you are on the other account? do they stop working?
    12-03-18 06:11 PM
    The apk doesnt work. It will install, but it wont run properly. All the screens are jumbled and if you click on anything it says "error".
    Works perfectly fine on ALL my BB10 devices.
    12-03-18 06:23 PM
    Works perfectly fine on ALL my BB10 devices.
    im trying it on a Key2. But i will try it on my Passport now just to double check.

I don't know what to tell you... I've been struggling with this app and the walmart app, and its frustrating.
    12-03-18 06:26 PM
    im trying it on a Key2. But i will try it on my Passport now just to double check.

I don't know what to tell you... I've been struggling with this app and the walmart app, and its frustrating.
    Sorry, I thought we were talking about Yalp. Got two threads mixed up.

This is the official TMO app - same as you would get from Play Store.

I also use the Walmart app without issue.
    12-03-18 06:36 PM
    so do you toggle back and forth between the 2 accounts? What happens to the apps when you are on the other account? do they stop working?
    You know you can have two accounts, right? Iit's literally just a drop down. And nothing happens, it's all going to the same device. The apps themselves rarely ever do a region check from running, especially in your case of T-Mobile and Walmart.
    12-03-18 07:32 PM
    Sorry, I thought we were talking about Yalp. Got two threads mixed up.

This is the official TMO app - same as you would get from Play Store.

I also use the Walmart app without issue.
    the walmart app worked perfect off an apk. Tmobile is the one that is struggling. I wonder what would happen if i switch my country to USA.
    12-04-18 02:09 AM
    You know you can have two accounts, right? Iit's literally just a drop down. And nothing happens, it's all going to the same device. The apps themselves rarely ever do a region check from running, especially in your case of T-Mobile and Walmart.
    Walmart USA worked off an apk. But tmobile is not working from an apk. If i add a 2nd account (which I just found out i can do), and i have that account be a USA based google account... would that help tmobile work? it isnt working from an apk, i wonder if they check some other way.
    12-04-18 02:11 AM
    Walmart USA worked off an apk. But tmobile is not working from an apk. If i add a 2nd account (which I just found out i can do), and i have that account be a USA based google account... would that help tmobile work? it isnt working from an apk, i wonder if they check some other way.
    No idea. Never had to do anything like that cause I set up a Canadian and US account from the jump and everything just works for me. Try it, only way to find out.
    12-04-18 02:18 AM
    No idea. Never had to do anything like that cause I set up a Canadian and US account from the jump and everything just works for me. Try it, only way to find out.
    I will try that right now. Am I adding it to somewhere in the phone settings, or just to the Play Store? Where should I add the 2nd one?
    12-04-18 02:25 AM