After attempting to contact Benoit in various ways, I was able to reach him. He responded last night.

He has a new, full time job, which is why he hasn't had time for the app. He needs the job for a financial buffer to be able to go back to the app.

He assures me he has not abandoned it. And has some ideas of things he wants to add to it as soon as he has time to take it up again.

He was also quick to help me with some of the issues I have had, and to transition from BB10 to android.

He told me he will be making the Pro version free on BBWorld to help everyone out.

So it appears it is still safe to use his app, it still functions, he is still alive, and he will come back to further develop it.
    Bob80220 and moosbb like this.
    12-04-18 12:55 PM
    Thanks, wiz. For someone like that, guess I'll go check out the Android version.
    12-04-18 02:18 PM
    After attempting to contact Benoit in various ways, I was able to reach him. He responded last night.

he is still alive, and he will come back to further develop it.
    I have no idea how you tracked down Benoit, but it's nice to hear all is well with him.

Thanks for this update...

Bob
    the brother likes this.
    12-04-18 02:31 PM
    I have no idea how you tracked down Benoit, but it's nice to hear all is well with him.

Thanks for this update...

Bob
    Indeed! Well done!

Big thumb up from here too
    the brother likes this.
    12-04-18 04:54 PM
    Fingers crossed he will do some updates soon. He says he has been having server issues. Which is part of the problem I am having, synchronizing to the portal.

I suggested that he release an update of some kind... even if it has literally nothing new on it, so that the Play Store shows a more recent date for his app release to not have him loose his audience.
    ppeters914 likes this.
    12-04-18 04:56 PM
    Fingers crossed he will do some updates soon. He says he has been having server issues. Which is part of the problem I am having, synchronizing to the portal.

I suggested that he release an update of some kind... even if it has literally nothing new on it, so that the Play Store shows a more recent date for his app release to not have him loose his audience.
    Problem is that the app doesn't target Oreo as Google wants now to update something on the Play Store.
    That will need a bit of works to update to current APIs...
    12-05-18 04:55 AM
    Problem is that the app doesn't target Oreo as Google wants now to update something on the Play Store.
    That will need a bit of works to update to current APIs...
    what do you mean target Oreo? Meerun is working on my key2 with Oreo. I'm not sure I understand what you mean.
    12-05-18 11:40 AM
    what do you mean target Oreo? Meerun is working on my key2 with Oreo. I'm not sure I understand what you mean.
    Yes it's working.

But the last update of the app is getting old, and to make it simple, Google forced the developers to update their apps for compliance to Android Oreo and greater.
    That doesn't mean that the apps doesn't works with Oreo or Pie, but that mean that apps must follow the APIs from Oreo and greater.
    Plenty changes have been made, and now devs must update their apps to be compliant to be published on the Play Store.

So that will be mandatory for Benoît to begin with if he wants to resume development.

As you, I hope that development will be resumed to make the app even better and to benefit of the new functionalities that Android allow since his last works on the app.

Fingers crossed
    the brother likes this.
    12-05-18 04:01 PM