I just bought a KeyOne from Rogers using my sisters Account and am unlocking it to use with my FIDO Sim. Does using a Fido Sim still allow me to get updates I wouldve normally got if I had used a Rogers SIM
    06-05-17 07:01 PM
    If you are using the Fido sim you won't need to unlock the device. And you should still get the device updates regardless.
    06-05-17 07:03 PM
    Thats what i thought but ive been reading online that even though Rogers owns FIDO they dont support each others Sims. Guess ill find out soon.

About the updates... i was just worried because i tried to buy the phone in store outright but the guy refused to sell to me saying they have to wait 30 days, but i know he was talking ****. He didnt even ask me if i was with Rogers. So thats why i used my sisters account to buy the phone. But if you say i should still get updates on the regular schedule then thats great , thanks
    06-05-17 07:24 PM
    I have an s7 edge and swap sims back and forth no issue. pop in the Fido sim before you order an unlock code. blackberrycodesource is good
    06-05-17 07:42 PM
    It should work with fido without unlock.
    Someone confirms in one of the thread.
    06-05-17 07:43 PM
    Yes others have confirmed that it will work with Fido without unlocking.

If you still want to unlock so you can use it with other networks it can easily be unlocked you just need the unlock code, which you can buy from an unlocker like us or others here or anywhere else online.
    Or you can get it from rogers for about $50
    (but if you tell them you are going on vacation and just want to unlock it for use on your trip with a local prepaid sim, then sometimes you get lucky and they give it to you for free)

you can see the instructions here
    06-05-17 08:01 PM
    Thats what i thought but ive been reading online that even though Rogers owns FIDO they dont support each others Sims. Guess ill find out soon.
    I recently was with someone when they bought a Rogers branded iPhone 5 from a corporate Rogers/Fido store and they set it up in the store with a Fido SIM.
    06-05-17 08:47 PM
    yup you all were right! just popped in my fido Sim and it works!! Thanks everyone
    06-07-17 02:21 PM
    Great, glad it worked for you! it is possible

also Virgin and Bell phones work together the same way

and Rogers and Chatr
    07-14-17 06:02 PM
    That is true neither supports each others sim base but Fido sim will work in Rogers locked devices!older devices maybe not but all current devices will accept sim!
    07-16-17 01:57 AM