I have two seperate issues that I am hoping someone here will be able to help with.

1. I added bookmarks to websites to my home screen and mapped the bookmarks to a keyboard shortcut. When I press the Universal shortcut key and the letter, it opens google but does not take me to the specific website I bookmarked. The bookmarks are in grey (The W-busETA and the U-Inflation Calculator).

How do I fix this? Does the Universal shortcut key only work for apps and commands?

2. When I am using an app, phone calls go right to voicemail. I do not get any indication that I have an incoming call. What setting do I need to change?

I am not as tech savvy as others on this site so simple step by step instructions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks to anyone who can help.
    Attached Thumbnails Universal Shortcut Key, Bookmarks, and Incoming Phone Calls-screenshot_20180909-175124.jpg  
    09-09-18 05:08 PM
    I have two seperate issues that I am hoping someone here will be able to help with.

1. I added bookmarks to websites to my home screen and mapped the bookmarks to a keyboard shortcut. When I press the Universal shortcut key and the letter, it opens google but does not take me to the specific website I bookmarked. The bookmarks are in grey (The W-busETA and the U-Inflation Calculator).

How do I fix this? Does the Universal shortcut key only work for apps and commands?

2. When I am using an app, phone calls go right to voicemail. I do not get any indication that I have an incoming call. What setting do I need to change?

I am not as tech savvy as others on this site so simple step by step instructions would be greatly appreciated.

What do you refer to as 'universal shortcut key'? Do you mean the Speed Key? Are you on a KEYᵒⁿᵉ or KEY²?
    09-10-18 07:52 PM
    I am using a Key2. The key that I use for the shortcuts is in the bottom right hand corner of the keyboard. It's the key with 9 dots on it. It's next to the sym key.
    09-10-18 08:29 PM
    I am using a Key2. The key that I use for the shortcuts is in the bottom right hand corner of the keyboard. It's the key with 9 dots on it. It's next to the sym key.
    OK. What happens when you press the shortcut keys (without pressing the Speed Key) from the home screen?
    09-10-18 09:17 PM
    When I try to open one of the websites it opens google, but not the website I bookmarked. It works fine for apps

To use an example, I have the Evernote app mapped to "E" so when I press the shortcut key and "E" it opens Evernote, exactly the way I want it.

I have Inflation Calculator mapped to "R" but when I press the shortcut key and "R" it opens Google, not the specific website I bookmarked.
    09-10-18 09:55 PM
    When I try to open one of the websites it opens google, but not the website I bookmarked. It works fine for apps

To use an example, I have the Evernote app mapped to "E" so when I press the shortcut key and "E" it opens Evernote, exactly the way I want it.

I have Inflation Calculator mapped to "R" but when I press the shortcut key and "R" it opens Google, not the specific website I bookmarked.
    What happens when you press a shortcut key (for example "R" ) WITHOUT pressing the Speed Key from the home screen?
    09-10-18 10:15 PM
    It loads Google, not the website I bookmarked.
    09-10-18 10:20 PM
    It loads Google, not the website I bookmarked.
    Please follow this exactly and tell me what option is selected:

1. Long press on an empty area of your home screen
    2. Tap the setting icon
    3. Tap 'typing action'

What option is selected?

If anything other than the first option go ahead and change it to the first option.

Back out of the menus and test your shortcuts with and without the Speed Key.
    09-10-18 10:26 PM
    It was set to the first option. "Use a short-press keyboard shortcut." Whether I press the shortcut with or without the speed key it takes me to Google, not the website I bookmarked. It works just fine with apps with or without the speed key.
    09-10-18 10:32 PM
    It was set to the first option. "Use a short-press keyboard shortcut." Whether I press the shortcut with or without the speed key it takes me to Google, not the website I bookmarked. It works just fine with apps with or without the speed key.
    Something is with your shortcut assignment doesn't seem to register correctly. I just tested it and it works just fine on a KEY².

Try clearing and reassigning them. Delete both the keyboard shortcuts as well as the home screen shortcuts, recreate them and the reassign them to keyboard shortcuts.

Waiting to hear from ya
    KitJackson67 likes this.
    09-10-18 10:38 PM
    Deleting, recreating and reassigning them worked perfectly. The bookmarks open when I hit the keyboard shortcut. THANK YOU @RK_BB

Now if someone could figure out how to get notification of an incoming call (on a Key2) when I'm using an app, that would be ideal. If I'm using an app, a call goes straight to voicemail. I'm sure there's a setting I need to change, but I have no idea where or what it is so some assistance from one of the many wonderful people here at Crackberry would be greatly appreciated.
    09-10-18 11:39 PM
    Deleting, recreating and reassigning them worked perfectly. The bookmarks open when I hit the keyboard shortcut. THANK YOU @RK_BB

Now if someone could figure out how to get notification of an incoming call (on a Key2) when I'm using an app, that would be ideal. If I'm using an app, a call goes straight to voicemail. I'm sure there's a setting I need to change, but I have no idea where or what it is so some assistance from one of the many wonderful people here at Crackberry would be greatly appreciated.
    Apps shutting your phone down makes no sense at all!

That's definitely a first for me...sorry, can't help there.
    09-10-18 11:55 PM

Are you using a custom app for your phone?
    09-12-18 09:26 AM
    Are you using a custom app for your phone?
    What is a custom app? All of my apps were downloaded from Google Play or are a bookmarked website that I added to the home screen.
    09-12-18 10:32 AM
    I meant if you are using the default app for phone something you downloaded from play store?
    09-12-18 12:07 PM
    DELETE
    Last edited by RK_BB; 09-13-18 at 06:59 PM.
    09-12-18 08:47 PM
    I meant if you are using the default app for phone something you downloaded from play store?
    I did not download a phone app. The phone is what cam preinstalled with the Key2.
    09-13-18 06:22 PM
    go to settings and search for "do not disturb" check under

a) access which apps have it on,
    b) do not disturb preferences - if block visual disturbance is on
    09-13-18 07:43 PM
    go to settings and search for "do not disturb" check under

a) access which apps have it on,
    b) do not disturb preferences - if block visual disturbance is on
    The Key2 is is my first Android phone. I'm coming from Blackberry 10 (Classic) so this is all still new to me. Do I have to go through every app and check do not disturb preferences for each app? If block visual disturbance is on am I supposed to turn it off?
    Last edited by KitJackson67; 09-13-18 at 09:55 PM.
    09-13-18 09:38 PM
    The fact that you asking that question tells you didn't look at that menu. So to put it simply, you have these options:
    option 1: go through apps and check which one is the culprit
    option 2: do a factory reset
    option 3: contact blackberry support who will tell you about option 1 and 2 again.

p.s. if you look at that menu from my previous post, it lists all the apps in the same place and you can just toggle off the do not disturb setting.
    09-14-18 12:54 PM
    The fact that you asking that question tells you didn't look at that menu. So to put it simply, you have these options:
    option 1: go through apps and check which one is the culprit
    option 2: do a factory reset
    option 3: contact blackberry support who will tell you about option 1 and 2 again.

p.s. if you look at that menu from my previous post, it lists all the apps in the same place and you can just toggle off the do not disturb setting.
    I'm pretty sure that people come to CrackBerry to avoid overkill so-called solutions like "do a factory reset". ;-)
    KitJackson67 likes this.
    09-18-18 07:07 PM
    Well that's why there is option 1. If one doesn't want to put in effort into looking which App is causing the issue, then the only "easy" solution is factory reset.
    09-19-18 01:57 AM
    I'm pretty sure that people come to CrackBerry to avoid overkill so-called solutions like "do a factory reset". ;-)
    If one is coming to forums, they Should be willing to put in a bit of effort. If you have a better solution please share.
    09-19-18 01:59 AM
    What was confusing here was the mention of settings, because every app has its own settings menu. Since I bought my phone at Best Buy, I thought I might try taking it to them, and someone in the smartphone department was able to help.
    09-23-18 12:01 AM