I got my KEYone today and I set it all up. During the setup however, I couldn't remember my password to Google Services, as I let my Mac Book suggest one of those crazy automated ones.

So I reset the password to something I'd remember, easy as that.

I then thought I'd setup the little lock pattern thing, which I did.

A few hours later, I forgot the lock pattern (my first Android, rookie mistake). So my KEYone reset, understandably (though I was just starting to get used to it and explore).

It reboots and asks me to sign in to the last used Google account, which was mine, and I enter the new (not automated) password, and it says I can't login for 24 hours from when I last reset the password!

So now I have a brand new KEYone, essentially a paperweight until 24 hours.

I've tried going to my Google account and authorizing the phone, nothing works. Does anyone have any suggestions or workarounds? This is the most frustrating new phone experience.
    06-03-17 09:19 PM
    You just have to wait. That's the point of anti-theft.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    06-03-17 09:21 PM
    Yep happen once to my friend , can't do anything but wait
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    06-03-17 09:25 PM
    Unfortunate but yes you will just have to wait.
    06-03-17 09:30 PM
    Thanks.

That's weird though. I mean, I reset the password FROM the phone itself today (after it sends a confirmation SMS to me), and when signing back in, it makes me wait?

I think there should be some sort of override, like going into your Google account or something.

Good thing I have this iPhone 7Plus or I'd be without a phone for these 24 hours.
    06-04-17 12:15 AM
    Why would you not just set up the fingerprint?

Personally I use fingerprint + pin for all my phones. Should use full password, but an lazy.

Since i use the fingerprint so often, I find a pin is less likely to be forgotten than a pattern.
    06-04-17 05:05 AM
    Why would you not just set up the fingerprint?

Personally I use fingerprint + pin for all my phones. Should use full password, but an lazy.

Since i use the fingerprint so often, I find a pin is less likely to be forgotten than a pattern.
    I did that too. But I had done a reboot of the phone, and when it first boots up it asks for the password/pattern lock. Only after the phone has been unlocked that way can you use the fingerprint, sort of like how on iPhone and iPad you have to input your password manually when they turn on, and once you have done that you can use Touch ID.
    06-04-17 01:42 PM
    Ah. Yes. Remember your passwords.
    06-04-17 02:14 PM
    When you're asleep your friends, family, or even burglars can use your fingerprint to unlock your phone. A PIN or password is the best way to keep people from accessing your phone.
    06-05-17 09:32 AM