08-28-17 01:29 PM
35 12
tools
    Nothing.

You'll gain one of the best devices on the market, then install Cobalt's package and you will have the BB stuff you want.
    Hmmm... So basically, there's nothing that special about the mid-range KeyOne that I've got to worry about in order to get BB software?
    08-15-17 11:26 AM
    Hmmm... So basically, there's nothing that special about the mid-range KeyOne that I've got to worry about in order to get BB software?
    Nope. Unless you want a Physical Keyboard, but you can always get the detachable Samsung S8+ Keyboard (NOT the same as the 1 found in the S6 and S7 range).
    08-15-17 11:36 AM
    With the introduction of Hub suite for non-BlackBerry devices (Cobalt's method or otherwise), the difference maker between the KEYone and similarly specced Android devices (Moto Z2 Play, etc) is pretty much the keyboard. Since the BB apps are just apps and not an actual OS, you get to keep the underlying features of whatever phone you put them on.
    08-15-17 11:39 AM
    The only thing I truly miss since switching from the DTEK60 to the S8+ is the three swipe gestures. I have used nova to replicate these gestures as much as possible. But nova gestures only work from home screens. BlackBerry gestures from anywhere in any app.
    08-15-17 08:58 PM
    Question : I have a Oneplus_3t and I installed the HUB (paid) and the BlackBerry manager from cobalt to get the VKB. I then tried the BlackBerry launcher but it didn't really do much for me. I only installed the launcher so that I might get to have a tiled recent apps screen like on BB10. I know the KEYone has it. I could not find how to enable that. The rolodex just drives me insane and find it counter productive.

***Hammered out on my Precious (BlackBerry Passport) ***
    It's the OS, not the launcher, that provides recents options. Case in point, I have Tiles + Nova Launcher on my DTEK60.
    The_Passporter likes this.
    08-16-17 04:49 PM
    my question is, does the launcher with the shortcuts come with the BlackBerry suite? I'm still using my PRIV and will be for awhile but I've been looking at the the Kyocera durapro. I'd try a keyone but Verizon isn't playing nice and the reception issue bugs me alot. with my job as a paramedic, I'm not gonna lie, the idea of being able to just wipe my phone off with cleaners and not worry about shorting it out is appealing. I'd have to try and get the vkb as well. I do like my BlackBerry keyboards.
    08-21-17 11:13 AM
    You will lose nothing...
    08-21-17 04:54 PM
    Remember, you won't get Blackberry Virtual Keyboard even with Hub+ Suite, even if you pay $1/mo for the apps.
    That's the biggest disadvantage, I don't understand why BB is not making BB KB available on other devices. It's one reason I am not sure I can go to Note 8, because BB KB is the best part of my Priv or any other Backberry device. (Obviously I am not talking about the PKB which is obvious and I don't know why people even mention that.)
    08-28-17 01:19 PM
    Remember, you won't get Blackberry Virtual Keyboard even with Hub+ Suite, even if you pay $1/mo for the apps.
    That's the biggest disadvantage, I don't understand why BB is not making BB KB available on other devices. It's one reason I am not sure I can go to Note 8, because BB KB is the best part of my Priv or any other Backberry device. (Obviously I am not talking about the PKB which is obvious and I don't know why people even mention that.)
    That's what Cobalt's BlackBerry Manager is for.
    08-28-17 01:21 PM
    That's what Cobalt's BlackBerry Manager is for.

What's the legality there? Is BB turning a blind eye to him, especially considering it's extremely popular and widely supported by Crackberry.
    Has it been thoroughly inspected to ensure what we type is 100% secure?

It's not like when you helped thousands of people with autoloaders and keeping track of all versions in your little directories (good old days of BB10), those where actual recovery tools supplied by BB. His manager lets you load apps without paying BB, isn't it borderline warez/crackware?
    08-28-17 01:29 PM
35 12