Small but niggling issue. My other Android phones have a 4x tiles wide homescreen, yet my Keyone is 5 tiles wide. All the widgets I use are designed to be 4 tiles wide. Is there any way to set the BlackBerry Launcher homescreen to be 4 tiles wide?
    06-04-17 01:02 AM
    This is based off my Galaxy s7, but you can give it a try (don't have a keyone to confirm if this will work)...long press anywhere on the screen that's empty, and you should get a couple options that show up, one of them being "screen grid" where you can change the grid from 5 tiles to 4.
    06-04-17 02:00 AM
    There does not appear to be a "grid size" configuration setting available.
    06-04-17 02:48 AM
    BlackBerry Launcher does not have that capability, but other launchers do. Haven't used any other launchers myself, but I have read that Nova is customizable like that. Only problem is that you will lose your keyboard shortcuts.
    06-04-17 06:58 AM
    I think the only way to do using the BB launcher is to change the display size in settings. But that also makes everything thing bigger. Ex: texts, I kno for sure but probably everything. Give it a try
    06-04-17 07:05 AM
    Small but niggling issue. My other Android phones have a 4x tiles wide homescreen, yet my Keyone is 5 tiles wide. All the widgets I use are designed to be 4 tiles wide. Is there any way to set the BlackBerry Launcher homescreen to be 4 tiles wide?
    Unfortunately not. Not really sure why basic functionality like this is left out of so many launchers (along with the ability to increase number of dock icons). Nova and Evie (which is a really good launcher) can do this. Having said that, with all the shortcuts available with the BB launcher i find myself not feeling the need to put so many icons on my desktop
    06-04-17 10:21 AM
    This is based off my Galaxy s7, but you can give it a try (don't have a keyone to confirm if this will work)...long press anywhere on the screen that's empty, and you should get a couple options that show up, one of them being "screen grid" where you can change the grid from 5 tiles to 4.
    Using the BlackBerry launcher on the s7 too and can set it to be 4 tiles wide if so desired.

Pretty happy with the amount of customizable settings Samsung's android offers.

And as to the question, looks like you'll have to use a different launcher if your want to change the grid size. Otherwise there is no way to do it within the BlackBerry launcher or OS.

Good luck! Try Nova launcher op.
    06-04-17 11:10 AM
    Thank you for your answers. I may try the Nova Launcher. Does the convenience key still work in the Nova launcher?
    06-11-17 04:38 AM
    Thank you for your answers. I may try the Nova Launcher. Does the convenience key still work in the Nova launcher?
    Yes The convenience key is not a BlackBerry Launcher attribute.
    06-11-17 06:25 AM