I recently switched from an iPhone to the AT&T KeyOne. All is well except for the signal reception in my office...which is almost nonexistent. It's the ONLY thing my iPhone did better. Our IT guy suggested I enable wifi calling as he has it enabled on his iPhone. I can't find it on the KeyOne and it looks like it is not available. Does anyone know if I'm missing something on the phone and it's there or when the KeyOne may get this functionality? It sounds like AT&T has to provide it, as they do on the iPhone but curious is someone knows more on this topic. All insights are appreciated as I need to make and take calls when in my office.
    Thanks.
    01-08-18 02:36 PM
    Based on my limited knowledge, wifi calling is not available for any keyone's on AT&T's network.

Some believe they can enable the feature in another device, remove that sim card from the other device and place it in their keyone to resolve the wifi calling debacle.

If that even works, it's a temporary fix at best because down the road, at&t is bound to determine you are not using the device of which wifi calling was enabled and provisioned on their network. A restart would remove the feature, if you were lucky enough to enable it on your keyone at that.

In conclusion, I've never been able to use wifi calling for my keyone devices on at&t's network. Since you said your device is the at&t branded keyone, you definitely should contact customer service and request a microcell as an alternative; especially if your device manual in your box says anything about wifi calling, then I'd demand a microcell! Best of luck
    ejtwrx and bog131 like this.
    01-08-18 04:07 PM
    Based on my limited knowledge, wifi calling is not available for any keyone's on AT&T's network.

Some believe they can enable the feature in another device, remove that sim card from the other device and place it in their keyone to resolve the wifi calling debacle.

If that even works, it's a temporary fix at best because down the road, at&t is bound to determine you are not using the device of which wifi calling was enabled and provisioned on their network. A restart would remove the feature, if you were lucky enough to enable it on your keyone at that.

In conclusion, I've never been able to use wifi calling for my keyone devices on at&t's network. Since you said your device is the at&t branded keyone, you definitely should contact customer service and request a microcell as an alternative; especially if your device manual in your box says anything about wifi calling, then I'd demand a microcell! Best of luck
    I agree with the microcell alternative. They tried to sell one to me, but I was able to convince them that I needed it for free. :P You shouldn't have to pay extra to get service if your home or work is a dead zone. Keep that in mind when talking to the service rep.
    portplayer and FF22 like this.
    01-10-18 12:32 AM