OK here's a strange one for you. I have mintsim a t-mobile mvno simcard.
    When first setting up my keyone naturally it thought I was t-mobile before I could enter in the APN info.
    Now I have random t-mobile artifacts on my phone.
    On boot it has the t-mobile logo. Play store shows a t-mobile recommended icon. And I noticed it randomly in a few other places.
    Last time I had this was on a unlocked Asus phone and I couldn't get rid of it even after a wipe.
    It's like when the carrier first sees the mvno simcard it tries to dump it's crap on the phone.
    Anyone got an idea how to prevent this or get rid of it?
    12-04-17 07:17 AM
    Example
    Attached Thumbnails T-Mobile garbage on phone-screenshot_20171204-082011.jpg  
    12-04-17 07:21 AM
    I have a unlocked K1 using my T-Mobile sim and I dont get all that stuff, maybe take it by a store and have them look into it
    12-04-17 08:37 AM
    Wait... really.... Anyone else have a mvno to see if it maybe it's not just me. If it's not doing it on regular t-mobile but it is on mvno that's kinda messed up.
    12-04-17 11:55 AM
    Wait... really.... Anyone else have a mvno to see if it maybe it's not just me. If it's not doing it on regular t-mobile but it is on mvno that's kinda messed up.
    Confirm that postpaid tmo does have t-mobile "top picks" in play store categories.
    12-04-17 05:24 PM
    On T-Mobile on an Amazon purchased unlocked KeyOne, I have none of this stuff. all the TMO apps I have on it, I DL'd from Google Play myself.
    12-05-17 09:20 PM
    I use a MintSIM card with my unlocked Amazon purchased K1. While I do have a brief T-Mobile splash screen appear on boot, that's all I have T-Mobile wise. My APN is setup as stated in the instructions that came with it as Ultra Wireless Wholesale.
    12-05-17 09:24 PM
    I use a MintSIM card with my unlocked Amazon purchased K1. While I do have a brief T-Mobile splash screen appear on boot, that's all I have T-Mobile wise. My APN is setup as stated in the instructions that came with it as Ultra Wireless Wholesale.
    I'm glad I am not the only one.
    12-05-17 09:39 PM
    And I just verified that I have the same T-Mobile top picks in the Play Store.
    12-05-17 09:42 PM
    i use my unlocked KEYone from bestbuy on t-mobile prepaid and noticed it has a t-mobile splash screen upon bootup from the very beginning.

In other cases, I unlocked a cricket phone for my dad to use on t-mobile and it still has a Cricket splash screen upon bootup. Also, i have a verizon prepaid phone I unlocked to use on AT&T but it still has a Verizon splash screen upon bootup as well
    12-06-17 01:49 PM